Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Now you have locked another thread - nice

Post New Thread Reply   

Ace Rimmer
Old 06-10-2007 , 07:43   Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #1

My thread wasn't trolling or flaming. It was sensible paragraph (albeit with a few spelling errors that I would love to have fixed).

You seem to have honed in the point about "benchmarking" and ignored the main point of the message.

Do you feel so insecure that you have to lock a thread that invites an intelligent discussion about ideas?

Did I sound like I was "singing the praises" of ES and disrespecting SM? Not true. I use both myself and both have their uses.

But you know what - THAT is still not my point. It's a GAME MOD you are talking about. A very popular game but at the end of the day a GAME.

Why are you guys behaving like it's going to take over the world. And why all the fighting and insecurity.

Work together FFS. There are some things that you can do much better / quicker than ES but no matter which way you look it the reverse is also true...

You should be setting an example for the kids who read these forums as to how to deal with things in the future, instead you are actually behaving like a bunch of kids in a playground / a corrupt government of your own small island (same thing really)... Locking threads does not make the issue go away.

That is why Mattie's forum's have an absolutely huge ACTIVE user base. (Shall we do another graph there and post it up stating who has the most Active Users? LOL Don't worry that kind of low down stuff is WAAAAY below Mattie's way of thinking).

I guess you want to limit your user-base to super mega intelligent folks who never make a spelling mistake and who only use your "product" and no one else's?

Do you just want to alienate everyone?

Is there some special test people have to pass before they can post here without getting locked?

Aw well - looking forward to another locked / deleted thread.

Main Web Site-Ace Rimmer-System Information

Last edited by Ace Rimmer; 06-10-2007 at 07:46.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-10-2007 , 12:13   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #2

We'd love to discuss technical aspects of the article. We don't want another thread flaming about communities.
Old 06-10-2007 , 12:15   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #3

Sigh...

So quotes like "Why EventScripts Failed" are technical aspects that need discussing? LOL... You guys.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Wasted too much time on this subject already.

I hope you find the time - between slagging other people's hard work - to actually work on your own project.

Good luck with it.

:-)

Last edited by Ace Rimmer; 06-10-2007 at 12:19.
Isias
Old 06-10-2007 , 14:24   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #4

Well, maybe this respons was releated, because it wasn't the first time the team from Allied Modders talked down on others work. In both ways, it was your team Bailopan, that started the discussion with their quiet rude way in talking about the work of others.

I'm glad you're developing SourceMod and have been using MetaMod:Source for several years now and i'm still encouraging to switch to SourceMOD the sooner the better, but the behaviour from the team of Alliedmodders is, from my point of view, really unfair. Well, ok, i guess there's said enough about this topic.

Last edited by Isias; 06-10-2007 at 14:28.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-10-2007 , 14:59   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #5

We've never talked down Mani's work and Mani has been a great friend to us. We have helped each other on numerous occasions and he provided us with his source code so we could further SourceMod's development.
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2007 , 16:50   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #6

Indeed and I can fully stand behind that since Mani actually was one of my closest friends. Mani has been working very close to the SourceMod developers since the very beginning.
Old 06-10-2007 , 19:15   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #7

Well, that's all cool then. I hope (it seems) you understood at least some of my points.

I plan to contribute here as best I can as well as still continuing to dedicate as much free time to ES as possible.

I also understand why you are reluctant to have loads of threads discussing this (I have few forums of my own you know) but then if the first one hadn't been locked there would have been no need for yet another one. etc.

Anyway, once again, good luck to you all.

tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2007 , 03:43   Re: Now you have locked another thread - nice
Reply With Quote #8

Good to hear that, thank you Ace.