Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved block status and use amx_who instead

Post New Thread Reply   

Ayman Khaled
Old 08-18-2017 , 05:17   Re: block status and use amx_who instead
Reply With Quote #21

i mean useless if it's blocked ( i wrote wrong in my quote . ) because when i want to add admin for example, i want his steamid then i need to join the server and type amx_who to get his steam id...
+ for million time i said i was want to block it to use amx_who because if it's exist or not it was useless and no one using it ( amx_who ), beside it crashes the server ( orpheuuuuu ) .
It's still have nothing to do with the status command 0.0 because orpheuu not status, it make the server crashes everytime map changed with high load.
Making yourself not using it doesn't mean others wont use it. hamleteagle deleted both posts so how they will use it then ????

Can you guys stop post at this shit ? because i said i don't need it anymore.

Last edited by Ayman Khaled; 08-18-2017 at 05:27.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2017 , 06:26   Re: block status and use amx_who instead
Reply With Quote #22

there are other ways to block it without errors

its not 100% true about valve's policy of truth on status, we cannot hide infomation about the player, but i can give him just his information, when he types status hes only given his own and no one else, thats not against any policy valve has got!

like you said, its pointless to argue about this, lets all be happy
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-19-2017 , 07:00   Re: block status and use amx_who instead
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
there are other ways to block it without errors

its not 100% true about valve's policy of truth on status, we cannot hide infomation about the player, but i can give him just his information, when he types status hes only given his own and no one else, thats not against any policy valve has got!

like you said, its pointless to argue about this, lets all be happy
Quote:
* Forging or modifying network communications used to describe server properties to the backend or directly to clients.

* Concealing the fact that bots are bots, and making them appear as human players. (Running bots is OK, as long as no modifications are made that make it difficult for players to identify which players are bots and which are humans.)

* Interfering with the mechanisms that advertise modifications to gameplay rules in the server browser. (For example, nocrits, gravity, respawn times, etc.) Experimenting with gameplay modifications is encouraged, but any mechanisms in the engine designed to alert players to those modifications must be allowed to function.

* Listing the same game server multiple times in the master server.
There is no reason to block status. If you block it or remove information from it, it's because you want to hide something(like steam id to protect the non steam servers from steam id cloning exploit, faking bots ping and hiding them from status and much more).
And hiding this "something" is against valve's policy.
I'm not sure why you keep arguing about that. If you want to debate more, give one single valid reason for altering status.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 08-19-2017 at 07:02.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2017 , 11:20   Re: block status and use amx_who instead
Reply With Quote #24

i was a bit confused by the valves policy about that, but you are right, will not talk about this anymore