Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

VAC Status Checker (v.2.5.0 8/27/19)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarKx
Old 01-14-2019 , 15:27   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #371

Why would you want this in your server in the first place? A vast majority of VAC banned users have been banned for at least a year and have learnt their lesson. Not to mention that some VAC banned users only cheated in one specific game and not in others.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-15-2019 , 05:24   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoTVR View Post
I changed that title but the thread title didn't change.
Weird, it seems indeed to have been changed to
Code:
VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
when I look at my end.
However, it isn't updated in the top nor at the list when browsing the Plugins section.

I was trying to unapprove and then re-approve your thread to see if that helped, but that caused another issue..

I'll forward the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
That's weird. Wait for moderator to respond I guess
ACK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKx View Post
Why would you want this in your server in the first place?
Different people, different opinions, ...

A thing being useful for you, aren't necessarily useful for others, and of course, a thing being useful for others aren't necessarily useful for you. Makes logical sense, doesn't it?

Quote:
A vast majority of VAC banned users have been banned for at least a year and have learnt their lesson. Not to mention that some VAC banned users only cheated in one specific game and not in others.
Your opinion or what you are experiencing from your end isn't necessary the same for others.

As I've been experiencing things, it's less than 5 out of 100 people that have learnt the lesson.

If you are running any servers yourself and don't agree with this plugin, simply don't bother using it.

It sounds like there's something deeply buried inside your message, so if you're simply butthurt because your favourite server is running a plugin like this, it is completely an issue between you and them, not between you and this plugin nor it's existence.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 01-15-2019 at 05:28.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2019 , 14:12   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post

A thing being useful for you, aren't necessarily useful for others, and of course, a thing being useful for others aren't necessarily useful for you. Makes logical sense, doesn't it?

Your opinion or what you are experiencing from your end isn't necessary the same for others.

As I've been experiencing things, it's less than 5 out of 100 people that have learnt the lesson.

If you are running any servers yourself and don't agree with this plugin, simply don't bother using it.

It sounds like there's something deeply buried inside your message, so if you're simply butthurt because your favourite server is running a plugin like this, it is completely an issue between you and them, not between you and this plugin nor it's existence.
I believe he has answered you...
Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2019 , 14:37   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.2.0 10/9/17)
Reply With Quote #374

This is a great plugin. Wish I'd found it years ago. Thanks for continuing to update this plugin. It seems not many authors continue to maintain and update their plugins - especially 10 years after the fact. Thanks again.
StevoTVR
Old 01-15-2019 , 15:33   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #375

Quote:
Weird, it seems indeed to have been changed to
Code:
VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
when I look at my end.
However, it isn't updated in the top nor at the list when browsing the Plugins section.

I was trying to unapprove and then re-approve your thread to see if that helped, but that caused another issue..

I'll forward the issue.
Maybe it has something to do with me not attaching a source file. The new version uses optional dependencies so it would compile successfully from the web compiler into a plugin that doesn't actually do anything. To avoid confusion, I didn't attach a source file.
DarKx
Old 01-15-2019 , 20:06   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #376

Quote:

It's literally just creating an even larger problem, considering that it's just blocking a large portion of Steam users from an entire server, just because the owner believes in the (quite retarded) phrase, "once a cheater, always a cheater."
StevoTVR
Old 01-15-2019 , 20:21   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #377

Quote:
It's literally just creating an even larger problem, considering that it's just blocking a large portion of Steam users from an entire server, just because the owner believes in the (quite retarded) phrase, "once a cheater, always a cheater."
I'm not seeing the problem.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-16-2019 , 19:06   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.3.0 1/10/19)
Reply With Quote #378

Quote:
Understand, on my servers, everyone who is compatible with this plugin, you, or any other banned VAC does not enter, are not welcome, I am not obliged to have companies of people, players that can not follow a simple rules, do not use programs that help over other players ... I did not leave stealing banks for the simple fact that after I stole I will not steal more or because I can not be caught.

So if you do not use the plugin, it will not help anything to improve it, or fix any BUG that it may have, please do not comment anything else, we do not need comments other than to help the community.

Thank you...

And the administrators, sorry for anything, is that I really do not know what it has to do with who uses the plugin or not.

Anyway, if you can help me with my problem thank you, and continue with the good work in the plugin, for me this perfect!
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2019 , 10:59   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.2.0 10/9/17)
Reply With Quote #379

Anyway, about this error:
Code:
L 01/19/2019 - 13:55:31: [vacbans.smx] SteamWorks error
Is it some sort of host block?

What should I tell them to solve this problem?
StevoTVR
Old 01-19-2019 , 12:34   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.2.0 10/9/17)
Reply With Quote #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Anyway, about this error:
Code:
L 01/19/2019 - 13:55:31: [vacbans.smx] SteamWorks error
Is it some sort of host block?

What should I tell them to solve this problem?
It just means the SteamWorks extension failed to connect to the Steam website for some reason.