Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Striker black
Old 08-12-2018 , 01:40   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #411

I would like to try this plugin now that seems to be the solution that I am looking for, when I try to add more than 10VS10 I see that there are problems and the truth is that I would like to have 13VS13, does this plugin can add what I want?

¿Does this plugin work alone or do you need l4d_superversus?

the problem that I have with "superversus" is that the surviving bots are not generated correctly let's say that in the first round there are 10 survivors vs 10 infected ones and in the second round only 4 survivors vs 10 infected ones and when I treat the team of survivor as an unirmé with the command !teams or !join he announces to himself that there is no space in the team of the survivors.

thx
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2018 , 02:23   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker black View Post
I would like to try this plugin now that seems to be the solution that I am looking for, when I try to add more than 10VS10 I see that there are problems and the truth is that I would like to have 13VS13, does this plugin can add what I want?

¿Does this plugin work alone or do you need l4d_superversus?

the problem that I have with "superversus" is that the surviving bots are not generated correctly let's say that in the first round there are 10 survivors vs 10 infected ones and in the second round only 4 survivors vs 10 infected ones and when I treat the team of survivor as an unirmé with the command !teams or !join he announces to himself that there is no space in the team of the survivors.

thx
PHP Code:
abm_minplayers "6" // spawn 6 survivors every round start.
abm_teamlimit "7" // 7 players allowed on each team. 
Old 08-12-2018 , 05:45   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #413

Hello world,

I'm sorry I've not been around. ABM was made for non-Vs modes and even I wouldn't trust it in Vs. I'd recommend seeing either Spirit_12's work on SuperVersus or Lux for possibly sharing a privately optimized/tweaked version of it. Either of these guys I trust in getting a Vs working mod like ABM is for non-Vs.

I'm somewhat back. I just recently bought a house and car and payments gotta get made on em. I just finished setting up my new office and put my test servers back online. I last left the scene with ABM pretty much fully broke down into separate mods (about 10) and I'm not quite sure the state I left it all in. It was I'd say 90% ready to get published but considering months went by and me just jumping back in, I'm not sure how quickly I'll get the remaining 10% done (it could be weeks, it could be months). I'm sorry but I try to release stable work and until I can sit down for a few days to at least catch up with where I left off, it's hard for me to say "how long".

Thank you for understanding
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2018 , 05:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #414

First off, welcome back!

Second, maybe you could upload whatever you have on the GitLab repository so others can pitch in and help?
Old 08-12-2018 , 08:00   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #415

Congrats on buying your house.

This may rub people the wrong way, but I’ll state my opinion. ABM got to the point where it was trying to do a lot of stuff. I would much rather prefer the functions split into small plugins than modules. Natives and Forward calls can do wonders.

Also, NgBUCKWANGS I would recommend you to not utilize Downtown extension I’m your future releases. With the release of DHooks Detour functionality, I would much rather see Downtown being phased out. Let me know if you need any help with that.
Old 08-12-2018 , 08:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #416

The most unique thing about this plugin was the ability to have versus coop without the versus gamerules attached. You could essentially have a scenario where the survivors are trying to get to the next map while the human SI are trying to stop them. So its Campaign VS in every sense of the word, not that lame VS Valve ended up with when one team ragequits after the first map and nobody wants to play as survivor. Not to say the rest of it wasn't well thought and customizable, it definitely was. However the main sell for me was Versus Campaign and even that neat fork he made for me a long time back that made human players go SI if they died as survivor, which I no longer have after losing it. The ability to choose where you spawned as a tank in ghost mode was gold as well.

None of the other bot adding plugins did that. Probably because none of the other ones thought that was a feature that was wanted or needed and the focus was primarily about getting extra bots, getting the bugs worked out, more specials, difficulty scale, etc.

Otherwise, Merudo's Superversus has done enough for me on a bot management level.

I look forward to testing a new version of this when that day might come.

Last edited by Sev; 08-12-2018 at 08:24.
Xanaguy
Old 08-12-2018 , 09:56   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The most unique thing about this plugin was the ability to have versus coop without the versus gamerules attached.
Oh yea. Campaign Versus is a good selling point for me. But the main thing that won me over was the ability to play on a fourth team (uncommenting a line) so I could play as the L4D1 survivors in The Passing Port (I wouldn't be required to move to the escape vehicle).
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2018 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #418

The focus of SuperVersus has always been to add bots. I’m of the belief that you should do one thing, but do it good.

I do like the idea of campaign versus and would like to see all the other mentioned features as separate plugins.
Old 08-13-2018 , 01:37   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #419

Hello people,

I can agree it may appear I overreached and considering it was my first plugin I can say I understand. I've mentioned it before but to quickly recap, everything ABM does outside of messing with "characters" and "difficulty" is everything that needs to be done whether you think you need it or not. ABM made it all accessible to the user which in turn made it seem like it was doing more than it had to.

A plugin like ABM still needs to add, remove, teleport, respawn a player, equip/remove a layout. Whether I make these actions available to manually play with or not, ABM will still have to perform them. If I didn't make these actions accessible it would seem all is right with the world but making them public, does appear like "too much". The last two ideas put into ABM (difficulty and characters) made ABM feel a bit more complete. Without changing difficulty, an 8 man campaign becomes ridiculously boring and trying to manage characters was done to manage some bugs that outright ruin the game when the 5+ man appears.

The only reason I never released any plugins was because these new plugins were meant to replace ABM but some of them weren't complete enough to do so. I also wanted to avoid conflicts with ABM as much as possible. Now, I'm gonna need some time to figure it all out again and hopefully I'll have a bit more as I've settled down into my new place. I hope I can get back into the groove of things, wish me luck <3.

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 08-13-2018 at 03:27.
Sahrechiiz
Old 08-20-2018 , 06:58   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Just use the version on Main thread, NgBUCKWANGS is currently changing ABM to modular with each function will be a plugin, no ETA on this tho.

Just thought i would let you know.

Edit, or you can try superversus.
Thanks Lux.

I tried superversus. It works great.

ABM however is not working as i expected.

when i play alone, minplayer = 4 & extra player = 4 makes it 1 player and 7 bots.

I can't get the idea of extra player then...

If anyone else want the server to always have 4 bots/players and only add more bots when >4 palyer join, Superversus's survivor_limit = 4 is what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Hello world,
Congrats and glad to see you back ;3

Play as SI in coop is so much fun. But due to my problem, too much bots is boring, so I'm temporarily using superversus.

Can you explain a little about the min-player and extra-player?

Because what I understand is that the min-player = superversus's survivor_limit. and the extra-survivor limits the max player there can be.

Last edited by Sahrechiiz; 08-20-2018 at 07:17.