Bad name banning

Post New Thread Reply   

ottobohn
Old 12-04-2007 , 10:09   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggieX View Post
Hi otto,

What exactly does it do? Are there any error messages or errors in the log files?

Note: I PM'd the author the other day, he's aware that there is an issue, however is busy with other things. It may not work atm, but this has to be one of my fav plugins of all time, as the adminmod/amxmod version never really worked for me, but this one has done extremely well!

Matt

Actually Matt,

It does a straight up reboot. Crazy. The server will totally crash and go offline or will reboot itself. Logs show nothing on the error since it locks up. We're pretty cut & dry. My other servers work fine with it and we're running bare on the deathmatch servers. All the Dm servers crash hard with the plugin after 30 seconds to 10 minutes. It's random on the crash.

Otto
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2007 , 21:24   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottobohn View Post
Actually Matt,

It does a straight up reboot. Crazy. The server will totally crash and go offline or will reboot itself. Logs show nothing on the error since it locks up. We're pretty cut & dry. My other servers work fine with it and we're running bare on the deathmatch servers. All the Dm servers crash hard with the plugin after 30 seconds to 10 minutes. It's random on the crash.

Otto
Heya,

'Oh dear' springs to mind!

The old mapvotig plugin used to do the same for me, although the latest version have been fine!

I guess its just a matter of time till it gets updated and then try again.

Matt
Old 12-04-2007 , 21:28   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #93

I should have time to look at this tomorrow morning; professor will be out of town so I'll be bored and on-campus

Send a message via AIM to TSCDan Send a message via MSN to TSCDan Send a message via Yahoo to TSCDan
doa
Old 12-05-2007 , 05:42   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #94

Is it possivble to use the bnb_whitelist.ini file AND the admin b-flag?

I have some players that have protected tag, but I dont want to add them into the admin file.
TSCDan
Old 12-05-2007 , 09:03   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by doa View Post
Is it possivble to use the bnb_whitelist.ini file AND the admin b-flag?

I have some players that have protected tag, but I dont want to add them into the admin file.
Why not just use the whitelist? Either way, you're going to have to manually add them in some config file: either have all admins with b flag - those you don't want, or just all the admins you do want.

Send a message via AIM to TSCDan Send a message via MSN to TSCDan Send a message via Yahoo to TSCDan
TSCDan
Old 12-05-2007 , 09:53   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #96

Here is a beta of the regular BadNameBan (I'll get admin up shortly I hope). This should fix logging issues, and I did not have any kick/ban issues with my Linux server sm rev 1738. If you are still having issues with this, please let me know your sm rev and OS.

EDIT: Newer beta posted below

Last edited by TSCDan; 12-05-2007 at 11:01.
doa
Old 12-05-2007 , 09:56   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCDan View Post
Why not just use the whitelist? Either way, you're going to have to manually add them in some config file: either have all admins with b flag - those you don't want, or just all the admins you do want.

Well, I do have admins that should be immun from autokick/ban, I also have some players that have "protected tags" and therefore should be immun.
It's quickly done to add "b" to the admins in the database. The question is really if I have to include the non-admins into the admin database, or can they be in the whitelist?
TSCDan
Old 12-05-2007 , 10:21   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by doa View Post
Well, I do have admins that should be immun from autokick/ban, I also have some players that have "protected tags" and therefore should be immun.
It's quickly done to add "b" to the admins in the database. The question is really if I have to include the non-admins into the admin database, or can they be in the whitelist?
Ah, so you are looking for Admins + whitelist, correct?

doa
Old 12-05-2007 , 10:24   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCDan View Post
Ah, so you are looking for Admins + whitelist, correct?
Yep, thats it.
TSCDan
Old 12-05-2007 , 12:23   Re: Bad name banning
Reply With Quote #100

New beta v2.00. This combines both whitelist and admin versions. sm_bnb_allowimmun has been removed. Added were sm_bnb_adminflag and sm_bnb_whitelist. If set to 1, they will allow immunities of their type. So you can have one or the other or both (or none). This is tested and working with Linux SM rev 1738 (including fixed logging that will only create a log file if there is something to be logged, now including their SteamID). Also now using SM built-in kicks and bans for SourceBans compatibility.

Please let me know of any issues you encounter ASAP while it's still fresh in my mind
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (BadNameBan.sp - 478 views - 5.7 KB)