Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix (NO LONGER NEEDED)

Post New Thread Reply   

id5473
Old 09-01-2014 , 13:29   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
The plugin even implemented Ellis' lines where he comments after beheading a common, like, "Man, that zombie was too tall, I fixed 'im", alongside customizable cvars for the percentage chance of both the grunts and Ellis' comments, etc...

But since the vcd files don't actually work, well, we can't get anywhere.
What do you mean "the vcd files don't actually work"? I'm using some of these for ellis when he kills specials with melee and they work flawlessly.
I've expanded the modified talker by quite a bit and also merged all the different DLC talker files in my talker.. and I got all the vcds working.
as i said in a previous post already.. you need to have all scene files listed in the survivors respective game_sounds_<SURVIVOR> file in the scripts folder or they won't play. Well.. at least they won't play if called via the talker files.. not sure about sourcemod plugins. If you need them.. i've added ALL vcds for the l4d2 survivors to their respective files which equals to 35% of new lines for each survivor.

Last edited by id5473; 09-01-2014 at 13:33.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-01-2014 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
What do you mean "the vcd files don't actually work"? I'm using some of these for ellis when he kills specials with melee and they work flawlessly.
I've expanded the modified talker by quite a bit and also merged all the different DLC talker files in my talker.. and I got all the vcds working.
as i said in a previous post already.. you need to have all scene files listed in the survivors respective game_sounds_<SURVIVOR> file in the scripts folder or they won't play. Well.. at least they won't play if called via the talker files.. not sure about sourcemod plugins. If you need them.. i've added ALL vcds for the l4d2 survivors to their respective files which equals to 35% of new lines for each survivor.
That's really strange then.

I was told Rochelle's Crescent City line isn't listed in the game_sounds file, and yet, I made this test plugin that works flawlessly,
PHP Code:
#define PLUGIN_VERSION    "1" 
#define PLUGIN_NAME       "Rochelle test" 

#include <sourcemod> 
#include <sdktools> 
#include <sceneprocessor>  

#define MODEL_ROCHELLE "models/survivors/survivor_producer.mdl" 

public Plugin:myinfo 

name PLUGIN_NAME

author " "

description "L4D2 Rochelle test"

version PLUGIN_VERSION
}; 

public 
OnPluginStart() 
{  

RegConsoleCmd("sm_showthem"RochelleTest"Vocalize Rochelle's Crescent City Line"); 
/* Type !showthem to use this line when playing as Rochelle*/

public 
Action:RochelleTest(clientargs

if (
client <= || client MaxClients || !IsClientInGame(client) || GetClientTeam(client) != 2) { 
        return 
    } 

decl String:model[PLATFORM_MAX_PATH]  

GetClientModel(clientmodelsizeof(model))  

if (!
StrEqual(modelMODEL_ROCHELLE)) { 
        return 
    } 

PerformSceneEx(client"""scenes/producer/world04.vcd"

Edit : If you'd be willing to share your game_sounds_<SURVIVOR> files, I'd be able to test the melee swing fix I made, so I'd be really grateful if you do

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-01-2014 at 15:31.
id5473
Old 09-01-2014 , 18:01   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #23

rochelles world04 is in rochelles file already. Just (as I also wrote before ) look a the bitrate in ..\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\sound\player\survivor\voice\<sur vivorname> if the bitrate is not 352 it is NOT in that file.
attached my complete l4d2 game_sounds files. just put it in the scripts folder.
oh and you have to set consistency to 0 or you'll get a inconsistency error... when connecting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scripts.zip (176.1 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by id5473; 09-01-2014 at 18:04.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-01-2014 , 19:09   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5473 View Post
rochelles world04 is in rochelles file already. Just (as I also wrote before ) look a the bitrate in ..\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\sound\player\survivor\voice\<sur vivorname> if the bitrate is not 352 it is NOT in that file.
attached my complete l4d2 game_sounds files. just put it in the scripts folder.
oh and you have to set consistency to 0 or you'll get a inconsistency error... when connecting.
Wouldn't that be as easy as packing the files into a vpk for the clients to download?

It's not that big of a file, so this could be a possibility.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2014 , 19:35   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #25

The standard L4D2 Modified Talker allows server/clients to hear the new talkers as long as the server has the vpk installed. The clients won't need it.

Hopefully that would be the case here if instead you went the VPK route to get the melee swings working/death concept mentioned by Baz a page back. Once you start forcing clients to download files (if that were the case), it becomes too muddled.

Also, im not entirely sure VPK's can be downloaded client side from a server anyway. Other files not compacted into a vpk can be if the file structure remains in tact.

Last edited by Sev; 09-01-2014 at 19:36.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-01-2014 , 19:54   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The standard L4D2 Modified Talker allows server/clients to hear the new talkers as long as the server has the vpk installed. The clients won't need it.

Hopefully that would be the case here if instead you went the VPK route to get the melee swings working/death concept mentioned by Baz a page back. Once you start forcing clients to download files (if that were the case), it becomes too muddled.

Also, im not entirely sure VPK's can be downloaded client side from a server anyway. Other files not compacted into a vpk can be if the file structure remains in tact.
Hopefully, packing them into a VPK and just tossing them into the server (like Modified Talker) is enough to not need to set consistency to 0, otherwise, things might indeed get messy.

Also, does anyone know EXACTLY (give or take a few milliseconds) how long the Death Animations from sm_cvar survivor_death_anims 1 lasts?

I have an Idea that in theory should be extremely easy if it works out, but I need to know how long the animation lasts before it tries to repeat itself.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-01-2014 at 19:57.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2014 , 20:12   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #27

I don't think file consistency (consistency 0) would be too much an issue if it really needed to come to that. At least for Coop servers mostly.

VS Servers would be an issue most likely.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-01-2014 , 21:14   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #28

Typing this before heading off to sleep, I apologize in advance If in my sleepy state I type any incoherent thoughts

So, I was working on a Death Animations restore plugin, and my implementation theory actually works (i tested the theory before coding the plugin), however, said implementation is deciding to not want to be put into practice because of 2 rather annoying issues.

A) You don't actually die when the death animation is playing, my bots were reviving incapped survivors even though they were "dying", as such, "player_death" obviously won't fire, and if it does, a fix wouldn't be needed in the first place.

B) Your hp never goes bellow 1, this here is the biggest problem, although now that I think about it as I'm typing this, it's probably because I'm implementing the wrong check, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

As for the VPK, I need to figure out the correct file hierarchy before I go packing stuff into VPKs, if anyone finds the paths let me know so I can test them tomorrow morning.

Hopefully, we can get both of these fixes out into the public soon

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 09-01-2014 at 21:15.
id5473
Old 09-02-2014 , 03:09   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Wouldn't that be as easy as packing the files into a vpk for the clients to download?

It's not that big of a file, so this could be a possibility.
you can't add it to a vpk as it just refuses substitute the original ones. (for whatever reason). All this is stated already in the l4d2 forum thread of bazrael and his modified talker.
But clients don't need to have the files so it's a serverside thing.

and yes.. i don't worry about consistency as i run a coop/realism only server.

Last edited by id5473; 09-02-2014 at 03:11.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-02-2014 , 07:50   Re: [L4D2] Special Infected Warnings Vocalize Fix
Reply With Quote #30

Just a little something I'll be posting later today...