Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2009 , 16:13   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #111

Score/Team Managing does not work unfortunately, team_order 5 causes random team scrambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
L4d spectator team not supported good +8 players , NOTHING plugins here "spectate" support more 8 players without bugs!
As you said yourself, super versus and !joinsurvivor, !joininfected do the trick. (On survivor side this can only be done so long a living BOT is there) Other than that people can only rejoin.
Zeusbba
Old 06-15-2009 , 18:36   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #112

Anyone make a menu file to add this menu to the main menu pages vs using the sm_swapmenu in console?

Also small bug I found when installing and setting this up alone in my server, I opened the sm_swapmenu and it showed just me ( i was alone ) I didnt select me but after a minute or so, it swapped me to the other team anyways, maybe because i didnt close the swapmenu?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2009 , 22:35   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusbba View Post
Anyone make a menu file to add this menu to the main menu pages vs using the sm_swapmenu in console?

Also small bug I found when installing and setting this up alone in my server, I opened the sm_swapmenu and it showed just me ( i was alone ) I didnt select me but after a minute or so, it swapped me to the other team anyways, maybe because i didnt close the swapmenu?
Probably some l4d menu related bug where the menu timed out or something, but sourcemod thought it was still open. L4d menu support is pretty foobar.. but hey people wanted a menu.

You know you can also type in !swapmenu in chat right?
gward
Old 06-16-2009 , 10:49   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #114

Sometimes on the first match the score gets messed up throwing the whole campaign. Anyone else have this issue? Do we put those cvars in the server.cfg file?

I get this error when trying to compile:

Quote:
SourcePawn Compiler 1.2.1
Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase, (C)2004-2008 AlliedModders, LLC

/home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/php3SIK7u.sp(3) : fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "left4downtown.inc"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

Last edited by gward; 06-16-2009 at 11:15.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2009 , 12:09   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by gward View Post
Sometimes on the first match the score gets messed up throwing the whole campaign. Anyone else have this issue? Do we put those cvars in the server.cfg file?

I get this error when trying to compile:
What version are you talking about? 1.1.0 shouldn't mess up the scores anymore, I reset the campaign score whenever the game resets the campaign score.

Like my post says, you will need to download the SMX.. don't try to compile it yourself unless you know what you're doing.
gward
Old 06-16-2009 , 19:19   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #116

[quote]
What version are you talking about? 1.1.0 shouldn't mess up the scores anymore, I reset the campaign score whenever the game resets the campaign score.
[\quote]

I wanted to printtochat client instead of printtochatall which I've done successfully on some of my other plugins. Especially the score swapping (so they don't know until it's to late lol) and player switching (so they cry less). People like to cry a lot with the player switching if a friend joins the game and is on the wrong team. If it just happens then they just think wtf wierd server.

I had just installed the updated plugin and the scores were messed up after the first round, maybe the plugin hadn't activated yet because of no map change yet. I need to test it more if that's the case.

Last edited by gward; 06-16-2009 at 19:28.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2009 , 19:53   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
I wanted to printtochat client instead of printtochatall which I've done successfully on some of my other plugins. Especially the score swapping (so they don't know until it's to late lol) and player switching (so they cry less). People like to cry a lot with the player switching if a friend joins the game and is on the wrong team. If it just happens then they just think wtf wierd server.
The .inc file is in my left 4 downtown extension sources.

Quote:
I had just installed the updated plugin and the scores were messed up after the first round, maybe the plugin hadn't activated yet because of no map change yet. I need to test it more if that's the case.
Well I wouldn't be surprised, it needs the extension running to even reset the scores correctly. Restart your server, make sure the extension and plugin is running, then see what happens..
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2009 , 13:44   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #118

Downtown, thanks a bunch for this plugin.

I just played on the game, and something was strange. First, i had my team setting cvar that you created set to 5, infected first on finale.

I also have the Loading Bug - lock the survivors in the room for 30 seconds - plugin installed.

After playing and losing the first round, it was 1000 - 50 (generalized). Infected (my team) had 50. We were survivor first though. I used the sm_printscores command and sure enough. It kept everyone together (no individuals were swapped) but the team members were swapped. My whole team was now on suvivor and had the 1000 score. I used SM_SWAPTEAMS to fix it. Next map, same thing happened, and every map after that.

One odd thing I noticed, was that there were no zombie hordes whenever a crecendo was triggered (like elevator in no mercy). Only when a boomer bile hit someone, did a horde spawn.

I restarted the server, and I set the value of your cvar back to 0.

The loading plugin may have affected it though. There is a setting that pops up a vote campaign menu at the start of the finale. I noticed one time that it started the next campaign, i had gotten booted for one reason or the other and when I tried to join back in via friends menu, l4d said the game was still in finale. Scores were reset though.

I also changed the vote menu to just return to lobby.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2009 , 16:00   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #119

I didn't test with the loading plugin, it uses director_stop/director_start so I wouldn't be surprised if it screwed up the crescendo horde. If you can repro the score problem without that plugin then let me know how.

Just make sure you have installed my 0.3+ extension and the server was rebooted after that, since I forgot to put in a check for the extension version, it will work with any version and silently not get some important forwards.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2009 , 16:21   Re: [L4D] Score/Team Manager 1.1.0
Reply With Quote #120

My rented server doesn't allow me to reboot the machine. I can stop\start the server l4d hosting source service though. I'm going to jump into a game with my adjustments and see what happens. I did install the 0.3 when I downloaded the new version. Thx again for your work on this.