3% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2006 , 09:31   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyBanana
Does anyone know what happens if you try to connect say a CS:S server while running the plugin on CS:1.6?
you will get an error like "the server uses a different protocol version" or something. no matter from what mod you connect to what mod. this is why there is planned to disable redirection to different mod/protocol versions, see section coming up:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR
check whether a server has different mod/protocol version than server with plugin running and in this case disable redirection to this server[xOR]
so you can have different versions in the list for informational reasons (to see how many players are there on which map) but direct redirection won't work. i'm afraid this is a game limitation i can't do anything against.

btw, source status querying is currently NOT supported, because the reply format is different. i could add support without big difficulties, but not before someone requests this (i myself don't need it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin1
Cool plugin
But my name isn't Patrick1
changed.

Last edited by xOR; 06-25-2006 at 09:34.
Deadman0o06
Old 06-25-2006 , 10:27   Re: Server redirection

Great plugin i will surely try it.
-=STN=- MaGe
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2006 , 08:15   Re: Server redirection

will try the new version now. but i get this when i restart server

L 06/26/2006 - 13:47:44: Invalid multi-lingual line (file "cstrike/addons/amxmodx/data/lang/redirect.txt" line 106)

Last edited by -=STN=- MaGe; 06-26-2006 at 08:25.
Send a message via Yahoo to -=STN=- MaGe
Martin1
BANNED
Old 06-26-2006 , 10:21   Re: Server redirection

MEans you are missing redirect.txt in that folder...
-=STN=- MaGe
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2006 , 11:34   Re: Server redirection

some how its not that...

i fixed it any way. line 106 is wrong in redirect.txt.

and the new update fixed my problem.

but for some reason /server, /follow and pickserver do not work.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2006 , 16:29   Re: Server redirection

ok, thanks for finding the error in the language file. it's now fixed in the download version as well.
i couldn't attach it anymore but so i added them as links. it's better this way anyway, because you can't put a description to attachments anymore.

for the other problems look at the cvar descriptions. /server (and pickserver is the same) only works with redirect_manual 1. in the cvar list you posted it was set to 0.
the /follow feature should work with redirect_follow 1 though. are you sure that you tried it after someone was already redirected somewhere? what happened when you tried? did you get an error message in game or in server console or did just nothing happen?
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2006 , 16:34   Re: Server redirection

Good job on the plugin.

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
One shot dont miss!
Old 06-27-2006 , 04:48   Re: Server redirection

always wanted one of these
Old 06-27-2006 , 09:43   Re: Server redirection

the server does not tell us when someone has been redirected. so with manual off the server redirects them auto?

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2006 , 16:37   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=STN=- MaGe
the server does not tell us when someone has been redirected. so with manual off the server redirects them auto?
Quote:
redirect_auto - 1/0 enable/disable automatic redirecting when server is full, default 0
redirect_manual - 1/0 enable/disable manual redirecting with /server, default 0
manual and auto are completely independant from each other.

anyway, i tried to connect to your server and it told me that there is no server to redirect me to. the explanation for this is:
i recently changed some code to initialize every server as not responsive (before responsive was the default) for other reasons. now you have redirect_check_method 0 so the other servers are not pinged and thus always marked as not responsive. the code to automatically redirect now thinks the other server is down and doesn't redirect there.
so this was a bug and i fixed it for the new version. download and try v0.4.7 and it should work fine.

regardless of these fixed bugs i'd recommend to set redirect_check_method to 2 if there is no really good reason to leave it off. this way the server won't redirect when the other server is full as well.
when you have set the check method to 0 and both servers are full users would get stuck into an endless loop of being redirected between both servers until one has a slot free.
for some users this might be comfortable having an automatic retry until a slot is free somewhere, but others could feel abused by the plugin. your decision in the end, just my recommendation to set the check method