Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console

Post New Thread Reply   

Eurolite
Old 08-24-2015 , 01:04   Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #1

Whenever I type anything into the server console, the characters show up on the screen after a 1-2 second delay. It's slightly annoying, but I haven't found anyone else reporting this issue. Is there a fix to this?

A side question: I am annoyed by all the spam I get in the server console when it launches. I was hoping there is a solution to some of the errors that it reports and a way to get rid of the cvar list. Errors such as:
  • CGameEventManager::AddListener
  • ConVarRef cl_embed_stream_video_playing
  • missing stringtable dictionary
  • PreCacheScriptSound

Lastly, why does the console report 64 maxplayers even though the server has 20? There is a line early on that states the maxplayers was set to 64, but this is not the case when I check in-game.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2015 , 01:42   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #2

is the server hibernated when your typing? 2nd try Zephyrus's console cleaner extension. lastly no idea it's normal.
Eurolite
Old 08-24-2015 , 02:36   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
is the server hibernated when your typing? 2nd try Zephyrus's console cleaner extension. lastly no idea it's normal.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is hibernating. I recall it saying that in console. Also, no players are on and it's at 10fps. Also, I'm already using the cleaner.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2015 , 11:28   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #4

Cpu usage?
Eurolite
Old 08-24-2015 , 14:43   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #5

Hamilton5 had the right idea. When I'm connected and the server isn't hibernating, I can type just fine. Any way to disable hibernation, at least while I'm working on the server? Would it be a bad idea to do so? CPU usage was 0 by the way, even when connected.

Also, my other two questions have been left unanswered so far. And another question: any way to make the console display non-english characters properly i.e cyrillic, japanese, etc.?

Last edited by Eurolite; 08-24-2015 at 14:47.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2015 , 15:23   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurolite View Post
Hamilton5 had the right idea. When I'm connected and the server isn't hibernating, I can type just fine. Any way to disable hibernation, at least while I'm working on the server? Would it be a bad idea to do so? CPU usage was 0 by the way, even when connected.
cfg/gamemode_*_server.cfg

add this:
sv_hibernate_when_empty 0

Quote:
Also, my other two questions have been left unanswered so far. And another question: any way to make the console display non-english characters properly i.e cyrillic, japanese, etc.?
dem weeaboos
lol

anyways idk about Windows but I can see every character just fine through PuTTy (Linux server ofc)
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-24-2015 , 15:49   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #7

I highly suggest using an RCON client rather than the server console directly, it is rather crippled.
Old 08-24-2015 , 16:43   Re: Slow/Laggy Typing in SRCDS CS:GO Console
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
cfg/gamemode_*_server.cfg

add this:
sv_hibernate_when_empty 0

dem weeaboos
lol

anyways idk about Windows but I can see every character just fine through PuTTy (Linux server ofc)
Thanks for the help. The character issues might be a Windows thing then. I know Windows doesn't display Cyrillic characters in program installers and even some program menus. Only fix is to change the locale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I highly suggest using an RCON client rather than the server console directly, it is rather crippled.
I'm up for it. Have any recommendations? I recall seeing one a few years ago when I was helping a friend but I can't remember the name.