Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SQL HELP

Post New Thread Reply   

Top42
Old 04-08-2021 , 19:40   SQL HELP
Reply With Quote #1

Hey im trying to open up a new tf2 community and right now I'm trying to add the store plugin and I'm having major trouble, I'm completely new to all of this but I figured out the SQL database stuff but when I put it into my database.cfg it runs this back in the store logs
2021-04-09 00:21:48 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've tried to search it up and read up on SQL stuff but I cant wrap my head around it. I was wondering if I could get somebody to help me with this in like a discord call or something so I can explain fully or just discord DMS. I know this is a bit of a longshot but I'm stuck in a rut currently and trying to figure it out so some help would be greatly appreciated. My disc is Top#8779 if you want to get the full story.
oqyh
Old 04-08-2021 , 23:03   Re: SQL HELP
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top42 View Post
Hey im trying to open up a new tf2 community and right now I'm trying to add the store plugin and I'm having major trouble, I'm completely new to all of this but I figured out the SQL database stuff but when I put it into my database.cfg it runs this back in the store logs
2021-04-09 00:21:48 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | Connection to SQL database has failed, Reason: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I've tried to search it up and read up on SQL stuff but I cant wrap my head around it. I was wondering if I could get somebody to help me with this in like a discord call or something so I can explain fully or just discord DMS. I know this is a bit of a longshot but I'm stuck in a rut currently and trying to figure it out so some help would be greatly appreciated. My disc is Top#8779 if you want to get the full story.
Try This

Go to
database.cfg

and change

Code:
		"host"				"localhost"

To

Code:
		"host"				"127.0.0.1"

My discord : oqyh

Last edited by oqyh; 04-08-2021 at 23:04.
yuv41
Old 04-09-2021 , 00:03   Re: SQL HELP
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top42 View Post

Well have you actually setup a MySQL Server for the plugin to use?

Last edited by yuv41; 04-09-2021 at 00:03.
Top42
Old 04-09-2021 , 07:19   Re: SQL HELP
Reply With Quote #4

That first part changing the local host didn't work and yes I'm pretty sure i have since it says its running in phpadmin.
Top42
Old 04-09-2021 , 09:05   Re: SQL HELP
Reply With Quote #5

oqyh helped me with it it works very happy very good man tysm please come again ))))