Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Grab then Move, Push, Pull and Rotate the entity you're looking at until released.
    Old 10-14-2019 , 21:41   [ANY] Advanced Grab Entity - v2.2 [Oct 18, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    This provides the ability to precisely grab, move and rotate entities freely with your mouse on all axis. I started this a while ago and decided to share. There are similar plugins, however I would consider mine geared more towards precision grabbing and movement as well as not only restricted to props. I highly doubt you'll find one with the rotation mode feature as well.

Demo Video on CS:S

Using Rotation Mode

General Notes:
    • This is very useful if you're using my TrackTrains plugin.
    • This should work on any game, please let me know otherwise.
    • The admin flag for use is set to ADMFLAG_CHEATS
    • This should work on most entities, not just props. Rotation will be iffy on non-props though.
    • If you just want v1.5 (no rotation mode), let me know.

Use Notes:
    • This works best if you bind +grabent to a key, otherwise you will have to manually do -grabent to release.
    • While grabbed: Reload Key will Enable/Disable Rotation Mode.
      ---
    • While grabbed and NOT on a Rotation axis: Primary Attack(Mouse1) will PUSH the entity farther away.
    • While grabbed and NOT on a Rotation axis: Secondary Attack(Mouse2) will PULL the entity closer.
    • The farther away the entity you're grabbing is from you, the faster it will be pushed/pulled.
    • The closer the entity you're grabbing is to you, the slower it will be pushed/pulled.
      ---
    • While grabbed and in Rotation Mode: Walk keys (A,S,D) will dictate the rotation axis. (W to show all rings).
    • While grabbed and in Rotation Mode: Holding A+S+D keys will reset the entities angles to 0
    • While grabbed and on a Rotation axis: Primary Attack(Mouse1) will +Rotate on selected axis.
    • While grabbed and on a Rotation axis: Secondary Attack(Mouse2) will -Rotate on selected axis.
      ---
    • You will not be able to use your weapon while grabbing (Mouse1/Mouse2 and Reload are used)
    • You will not be able to walk while in Rotation Mode, the keys are needed for settings.
      ---
    • By default, the grabbed entity will be frozen on release unless you change sm_grabent_freeze to 0
    • If you change the freeze value to 0, it will revert back to 1 on map change/reconnect.
    • Some entities will remain frozen regardless, as not all are geared for physics. Players will always be unfrozen.

Commands:
    Code:
    • sm_grabent_freeze <0/1> > This will determine whether or not the grabbed entity will be frozen when released. > The default value is 1. Entities will be frozen on release > Setting the value to 0 will mean entities will be unfrozen on release
    • +grabent > Grab the entity you're looking at. > While grabbed: reload key to enter/exit rotation mode > While grabbed, and not on a rotation axis: mouse1 to push and mouse2 to pull. > While grabbed, and on a rotation axis (A,S,D): mouse1 to +rotate and mouse2 to -rotate
    • -grabent > Release the entity you're grabbing. > Depending on your freeze setting, the entity will either remain frozen, or unfreeze. > This is irrelevant if you bind +grabent to a key.
    Installation:
    • 1. Tap on "Get Plugin" below
    • 2. Put the downloaded file GrabEnt.smx in your servers plugins folder: SERVER/GAME/addons/sourcemod/plugins/
    • (optional) Put the source file GrabEnt.sp in your servers scripting folder: SERVER/GAME/addons/sourcemod/scripting/

Todo:
    Spoiler

CHANGELOG:
    Spoiler
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (GrabEnt.sp - 1044 views - 17.3 KB)

Last edited by Stugger; 10-19-2019 at 16:58. Reason: V2.2 - Some changes to rotation mode
    Sreaper
    髪を用心
    Old 10-14-2019 , 22:52   Re: [ANY] Grab Entity Command - [Oct 14, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #2

This plugin also exists: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1946774 I haven't checked the Sourcecode of yours to see if yours functions any differently though.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-14-2019 at 22:52.
    Stugger
    Old 10-15-2019 , 00:21   Re: [ANY] Grab Entity Command - [Oct 14, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
    This plugin also exists: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1946774 I haven't checked the Sourcecode of yours to see if yours functions any differently though.
    Just installed it and checked it out.

While it is indeed similar, the functionality has noticeable differences. Mine is more precise, in terms of grab offset and movement, with the added functionality of disablemotion/push/pull. The plugin quoted is pretty cool though! I like the throw feature. I would probably use admingrab in a funcommand sense and my plugin in a general, precision/building kinda sense.
    LionKing
    Old 10-15-2019 , 16:53   Re: [ANY] Grab Entity Command - v1.1 [Oct 15, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #4

Nice plugin, tested it out works great.
    But on CS:GO it kind bugs the player out by bopping up and down.
    Able to resolve that? + it does not keep the player on the crosshair that much.
    Stugger
    Old 10-15-2019 , 18:26   Re: [ANY] Grab Entity Command - v1.1 [Oct 15, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LionKing View Post
    Nice plugin, tested it out works great.
    But on CS:GO it kind bugs the player out by bopping up and down.
    Able to resolve that? + it does not keep the player on the crosshair that much.
    Thank you! and thanks for pointing that out.

I updated the plugin (v1.2) it should no longer bug out when grabbing players, however I was only able to test on bots!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stugger View Post
    • V1.2 (October 15, 2019)
      • Grabbing players should no longer glitch out
      • Cleaned code up a little

Last edited by Stugger; 10-16-2019 at 22:14.
    Stugger
    Old 10-16-2019 , 21:49   Re: [ANY] Grab Entity Command - v1.5 [Oct 16, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    • V1.5 (October 16, 2019)
      • sm_grabent_freeze - Toggle freeze/unfreeze on entity release
    Stugger
    Old 10-17-2019 , 23:11   Re: [ANY] Advanced Grab Entity - v2.0 [Oct 17, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    • V2.0 (October 17, 2019)
      • Rotation Mode - Interactive rotation of entities using mouse and keys

Last edited by Stugger; 10-17-2019 at 23:12.
    Malaxus
    Old 10-17-2019 , 23:48   Re: [ANY] Advanced Grab Entity - v2.0 [Oct 17, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #8

Rotation for CSGO doesn't seem to work, both props (tested on dropped weapons only) and players can't be rotated, unless CSGO as a whole doesn't allow that.
    Stugger
    Old 10-17-2019 , 23:59   Re: [ANY] Advanced Grab Entity - v2.0 [Oct 17, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Malaxus View Post
    Rotation for CSGO doesn't seem to work, both props (tested on dropped weapons only) and players can't be rotated, unless CSGO as a whole doesn't allow that.
    weapons should be rotate-able, did you get any errors or did you make sure to activate correctly? (Select an axis with A,S,D a single ring will appear and mouse1/mouse2 to rotate) some entities can’t be rotated properly such as players, however I believe rotating a player will cause their camera to rotate in some cases.
    Malaxus
    Old 10-18-2019 , 03:18   Re: [ANY] Advanced Grab Entity - v2.0 [Oct 17, 2019]
    Reply With Quote #10

Yup, got it to work. Is it possible to be able to rotates players (fully), or is that functionality impossible?