Roundend Blocker

Post New Thread Reply   

Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2009 , 10:32   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty Nite View Post
Ha ha I love this plugin.. Now if someone could make the bot join and play or leave an another come in its place like real ppl do.
Nice to see that you like it.

However, what would your suggestion/idea practically achieve? I mean it is certainly possible but what would be the point in having the bots leave and connect again?
devil001
Old 02-11-2009 , 13:41   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #12

Nice Nextra! I knew you would release it eventually.

Well, the fake full just displays players on the server for however long the server is up. Some players look at the server info and see that all players are on the server for long time so they will know that those are bots. I think making them connect and disconnect at certain time intervals would attract more players, but if thats really what he wants than random name choosing would be also a good idea.
Secure,Fast and Reliable Offsite Backups
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2009 , 14:28   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #13

Well, I see your point but I believe that there are more simple and reliable ways of determining that bots are on the server (even the ingame browser does indeed display this) so I think it is not worth the effort.

Afterall the fakefull capability of this plugin is, supposedly, not as advanced as plugins that are specifically built for this purpose. Also every fakefull server is undisguised after you have connected to the server.

This feature and especially random name choosing would add complexity in a way that is, basically, out of the design and purpose of this plugin.

So I'm sorry to say that I'm not yet convinced.

Last edited by Nextra; 02-11-2009 at 14:36.
Nighty Nite
Old 02-11-2009 , 15:52   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #14

Thank you, devil001 That is what I had in mind. But I forgot about the ingame browser. I there a way that you can change the bot time (fake) like bot pings? Sorry If I your not able to understand what I am trying to say.. lol
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2009 , 16:05   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #15

Yeah I understood what you want, but I still don't get how this would help. This is only one fragment of what gives a bot's existence away (there are enough other ways as I stated above) so this does not help you that much either.

Last edited by Nextra; 02-11-2009 at 16:52.
Old 02-11-2009, 16:51
alekoooooo
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: off-topic
niFe
Old 02-12-2009 , 15:03   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextra View Post
You do not desperately need it. I don't see why this is a problem and why you prefer server crashes over a module require, but you can remove the two lines resposible for the require.

PHP Code:
if( !is_user_aliveBotID ) )

ExecuteHamBHam_CS_RoundRespawnBotID ); 
Search these two lines, remove them and it will still work. In some situations, however, this will cause some minor issues. Maybe a dllfunc spawn is also possible because they are only fake clients.
nah its not that I prefer server crash over the module.. I use amxx1.76 for my socjam server so I have to stay with all old versions of w/e the plugins that I'm using and will be using....

But really I would like to use ur plugin since its less buggy... i'll keep my eyes on this thread since i might find my ways to work things out with amxx1.8. Thanks though nex
Old 02-12-2009 , 15:06   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #17

You are able to download the Ham module and config files and use it for 1.76 as far as I know.
Anyway, you should definitely upgrade to 1.8.1, it's worth it.

If nothing helps you can still delete those two lines and recompile it locally (also remove the hamsandwich include), it won't require Ham then.

Last edited by Nextra; 02-12-2009 at 15:09.
niFe
Old 02-12-2009 , 20:44   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextra View Post
You are able to download the Ham module and config files and use it for 1.76 as far as I know.
Anyway, you should definitely upgrade to 1.8.1, it's worth it.

If nothing helps you can still delete those two lines and recompile it locally (also remove the hamsandwich include), it won't require Ham then.

Will that still be debugged or "better" than the one that jim made?
Cause I'm using the one that jim made... and I'm not sure if removing those two lines will change anything different from what I have.... If so, sure.
Old 02-13-2009 , 07:04   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty Nite View Post
Thank you, devil001 That is what I had in mind. But I forgot about the ingame browser. I there a way that you can change the bot time (fake) like bot pings? Sorry If I your not able to understand what I am trying to say.. lol

Im not sure if you can set or fake the ping. I havent seen a function in AMXX which can control pings, but Im not 100% sure.
Secure,Fast and Reliable Offsite Backups
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2009 , 08:05   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil001 View Post
Im not sure if you can set or fake the ping. I havent seen a function in AMXX which can control pings, but Im not 100% sure.
You are able to control wether it says BOT or displays the actual ping as far as I know. But this is nonsense as you never see the ping since bots are shown as spectators on the scoreboard.

Yet again, I don't see how this would help anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niFe View Post
Will that still be debugged or "better" than the one that jim made?
Cause I'm using the one that jim made... and I'm not sure if removing those two lines will change anything different from what I have.... If so, sure.
If you mean that it will then cause errors the answer is no. It's a feature that is not present at all in jim's version actually. All it does is instantly spawning the bot after creation as I experienced some cases where the bots were not properly spawned and the round ended although the bots were there.

However, this is a comparatively rare case and it's only one round - it will work the next round then. It's an minor issue so to speak.

Last edited by Nextra; 02-13-2009 at 08:15.