Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Hero: Wonder Woman

Post New Thread Reply   

Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 09-14-2010 , 13:29   Re: Hero: Wonder Woman
Reply With Quote #11

The hero is in unapproved/old heroes, which means it is unsupported. I for one wont look at it. It uses the old method, which I do not like.

And after all you have been taught, you should be able to hook the spawn event and reset the timer for how long you are being stunned. That should take 5 min tops.

And also, if you look at the code, there must be somewhere where the time is hardcoded. Either change it to be a cvar, or just change it and compile it again.

EDIT: Oh hi art.
Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2010 , 09:17   Re: Hero: Wonder Woman
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle View Post
The hero is in unapproved/old heroes, which means it is unsupported. I for one wont look at it. It uses the old method, which I do not like.

And after all you have been taught, you should be able to hook the spawn event and reset the timer for how long you are being stunned. That should take 5 min tops.

And also, if you look at the code, there must be somewhere where the time is hardcoded. Either change it to be a cvar, or just change it and compile it again.

EDIT: Oh hi art.
Just cause the hero is Unapproved it does not mean that it is useless. I for one like this hero, apart from these shortcomings wich should be rather easy to solve.

Also, yes, you guys have taught me a lot and I thank you a million times for that, but noone ever taught me how to work with spawn events or timers. I worked with timers for a brief period of time while making the hero Spy, but G-Dog gave me the code so I could compare, but he did not tell me what each thing did so I would probably mess something up due to lack of knowledge.

Edit: @ AoW, Thanks for that, will try it

Edit2: When I add that to the code and run the forward in public newSpawn(id) (was that the wrong place btw?) I get 4 errors while compiling:

Code:
//AMXXPC compile.exe
// by the AMX Mod X Dev Team

//// sh_wonderwoman.sma
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : error 029: invalid e
xpression, assumed zero
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : error 017: undefined
 symbol "attacker"
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : error 017: undefined
 symbol "victim"
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : fatal error 107: too
 many error messages on one line
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 4 Errors.
// Could not locate output file C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\compiled\sh_wond
erwoman.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0,22 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
It cleary is something I forgot to define, but what?
Jelle (1): You know when a poo is about to exit but it is too big?
Jelle (1): God my ass still hurts

Last edited by Exploited; 09-15-2010 at 09:25.
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2010 , 09:32   Re: Hero: Wonder Woman
Reply With Quote #13

Look at my code. I am using victim/attacker in the 1.2.0.14 coded code, and id in the old one as it is already used.

What Jelle meant with that it is in the unnapproved section is that there may be issues and it is absolutely coded in the old ways (in most cases). The main point though, is that no one is supporting the hero so dont except someone to come and help you. Just that I had nothing to do and though I'd give it a shot. No idea which task to change though
Old 09-15-2010 , 15:27   Re: Hero: Wonder Woman
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploited View Post
Just cause the hero is Unapproved it does not mean that it is useless. I for one like this hero, apart from these shortcomings wich should be rather easy to solve.

Also, yes, you guys have taught me a lot and I thank you a million times for that, but noone ever taught me how to work with spawn events or timers. I worked with timers for a brief period of time while making the hero Spy, but G-Dog gave me the code so I could compare, but he did not tell me what each thing did so I would probably mess something up due to lack of knowledge.

Edit: @ AoW, Thanks for that, will try it

Edit2: When I add that to the code and run the forward in public newSpawn(id) (was that the wrong place btw?) I get 4 errors while compiling:

Code:
//AMXXPC compile.exe
// by the AMX Mod X Dev Team

//// sh_wonderwoman.sma
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : error 029: invalid e
xpression, assumed zero
 symbol "attacker"
 symbol "victim"
// C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\sh_wonderwoman.sma(90) : fatal error 107: too
 many error messages on one line
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 4 Errors.
// Could not locate output file C:\Users\John\Desktop\scripting\compiled\sh_wond
erwoman.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0,22 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
It cleary is something I forgot to define, but what?

Tell me what you would like to learn about the task stuff. I got some time tomorrow to write a bit. When I am in school I usually just play HL2 or something. I might as well help you out.