//globals:
new Handle:hAlltalk = INVALID_HANDLE;
new Handle:hSvtags = INVALID_HANDLE;

//onPluginStart():
hAlltalk = FindConVar("sv_alltalk");
hSvtags = FindConVar("sv_tags");
SetConVarFlags(hAlltalk, (GetConVarFlags(hAlltalk) & ~FCVAR_NOTIFY));
SetConVarFlags(hSvtags, (GetConVarFlags(hSvtags) & ~FCVAR_NOTIFY));
to remove anything but the "End of Round Alltalk enabled" message.
This is perfect AtomicStryker, I wasn't aware that it was allowed (or good practice) to modify the internal notify flags, but if it works then who cares!
Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by n0limit; 07-02-2009 at 22:28.
n0limit
Old 07-02-2009 , 22:26   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.55
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
New issue. When the boomer slimes people and dies right away, it closes those channels. But when he died, if he exploded and soaked others, the channel is open for the normal duration. Suggestion: Don't destroy channel on boomer death. Let it time out naturally.
Yeah I had already put that in todo for investigation. It seems that *sometimes* the infected_not_it event raises prematurely on boomer death, on some (but rarely all) of the ones you infected. For example, when barf bagging, the channel would prematurely close 2 of the channels with survivors, and leave the other 2 to tear down naturally. I didn't make the connection between projectile vomit and splash damage, but that's probably it.

Last edited by n0limit; 07-03-2009 at 09:41.
n0limit
Old 07-04-2009 , 09:17   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #63

Okay I put a check on boomertime so the infected_not_it event won't affect boomer channels when they're based on a time (the default). This seems to make it a lot more clean. The channel close on death will still happen to those if they've been projective vomited on and you're using puke wear off (boomertime 0).

At this point it seems most of the features I wanted in the plugin are complete. I'm definitely open to suggestions though. Hopefully this will be the stable release though and you guys won't have to keep updating your server every few days ;)
raefuun
Old 07-04-2009 , 15:08   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #64

I'm having serious trouble with this mod. I've uploaded the .smx file to the plugins folder, but it refuses to work. I even deleted all my other mods off my server just to see if another mod was somehow disabling it, but even on its own, it will not work. Inputting sm plugins list to my console also confirms that SnareSpeak <failed>.

What am I doing wrong here? I thought this was a simple upload? lol

Also, I'd like to see a cvar that allows you to extend the channel a variable number of seconds after the channel would typically be broken. Things tend to get cut off at the end.
n0limit
Old 07-04-2009 , 17:34   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefuun View Post
I'm having serious trouble with this mod. I've uploaded the .smx file to the plugins folder, but it refuses to work. I even deleted all my other mods off my server just to see if another mod was somehow disabling it, but even on its own, it will not work. Inputting sm plugins list to my console also confirms that SnareSpeak <failed>.

What am I doing wrong here? I thought this was a simple upload? lol

Also, I'd like to see a cvar that allows you to extend the channel a variable number of seconds after the channel would typically be broken. Things tend to get cut off at the end.
Hi,
I've never heard of that issue or seen it. I don't do anything particularly crazy in the plugin. According to http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&type=variable others are installing it fine. This may be a good place for someone with more SourceMod experience to chime in. I have no idea why you're having problems installing it, and I've never heard of any plugin failing under any circumstance.

As far as your other idea about extended expiration, that's not too bad. I may try to implement that too.
bman87
Old 07-05-2009 , 12:51   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #66

This plugin needs to be approved
Naow
Old 07-05-2009 , 14:08   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post

At this point it seems most of the features I wanted in the plugin are complete. I'm definitely open to suggestions though. Hopefully this will be the stable release though and you guys won't have to keep updating your server every few days ;)
This plugin is just perfect now ;) Thanks for your work and the nice support !
bman87
Old 07-05-2009 , 21:36   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #68

I have a suggestion. Can you make spectators automatically hear both teams voice chat like all talk? There is another plugin that does this, but it doesn't work with this plug-in enabled.
Opt1kal
Old 07-06-2009 , 03:49   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #69

I've run into a problem, for some reason, when the TWL.cfg is run. All in game voice chat is disabled. So I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the plugin while running the twl config.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2009 , 06:14   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.7
Reply With Quote #70

I use old 1.4 version and its fine. I think including here a code like in Spec Listener plugin will make it complete, allowing spectators to hear everyone. Its usually good idea to merge two plugins of one thematic into one.