Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Source mode check process

Post New Thread Reply   

Harry56
Old 06-04-2018 , 13:25   Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #1

Hi
I want a source mode plugin for csgo, check player process if x.exe not run , kick player,
or x.dll not injected , kick player,
anyone can help me?
CowGod
Old 06-04-2018 , 16:49   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #2

sourcemod plugins are server-sided they cannot check processes running on a client's computer. This is not possible with a sourcemod plugin.
Send a message via Skype™ to CowGod
Harry56
Old 06-05-2018 , 01:42   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #3

how can i do that?
Like sxe injected?
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2018 , 03:37   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #4

Create your own, brand new game with the ability to verify running processes on the client, get it Greenlit on Steam, and then get people to play it.

Last edited by ddhoward; 06-05-2018 at 03:38.
Harry56
Old 06-05-2018 , 03:58   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Create your own, brand new game with the ability to verify running processes on the client, get it Greenlit on Steam, and then get people to play it.

How sxe work?
I can inject dll and server check injection dlls ?
ambn
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2018 , 08:18   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #6

Well sXe is a client sided anti-cheat which inject into your game process and monitors it i belive you have to code something like that but as far as i know VAC will not like it and your clients may get vac banned using that on vac secured servers (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 06-15-2018 , 14:13   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
Well sXe is a client sided anti-cheat which inject into your game process and monitors it i belive you have to code something like that but as far as i know VAC will not like it and your clients may get vac banned using that on vac secured servers (correct me if I'm wrong)
I want to create client-sided anti cheat , VAC its not my problem, my problem is I dont know about source mode , how i can create something like sxe?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-15-2018 , 14:34   Re: Source mode check process
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry56 View Post
I want to create client-sided anti cheat , VAC its not my problem, my problem is I dont know about source mode , how i can create something like sxe?
- Figure out a way to 100% accuracy to get the right Steam ID of every player running your anti cheat software, that every player must have.

- Make that software communicate with an API, that registers / unregisters the client (e.g. a ping system between the client and your "service", to indicate a message like "hi I'm still here").

- Make the SourceMod (or MM:S, VSP, whatever plugin) on the server communicate with the API in a similar fashion, to check up with if the client runs the software.

- Software can on the client PC send that ping<->ping signal , e.g. once per minute (every 60 seconds).

- SourceMod can kick out the client if the client's last "ping" signal was more than 1 minute and 15 seconds (e.g. 75 seconds) ago.

Stuff like that would be a possible way to go, but your "database" of which players are currently running the plugin may become rather big if you intend on doing something "public".

That's at least one way of doing it...

You will NOT be able to accomplish that only with a single SourceMod plugin, you need some software to run on each client, and you are required on your own to make some kind of "interface" for those to communicate with. An API like above where your backend knows who have (recently) had a ping from the software would be one possible way...

You CANNOT avoid the kind of "home made" communication, you CANNOT do it only with SouceMod alone.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].