Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Menu thing

Post New Thread Reply   

Smokey485
Old 01-29-2005 , 02:04   Menu thing
Reply With Quote #1

give me a full code of making a menu with 9 options.. and on all of em theres client_cmds(just show me where to put the client command code u dont have to put em there)
Send a message via AIM to Smokey485 Send a message via MSN to Smokey485
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2005 , 03:07   Re: Menu thing
Reply With Quote #2

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27288
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2005 , 14:38  
Reply With Quote #3

Here is the code from the link Avalanche gave , it is Xeroblood's tutorial to make menus , works for AMX Mod and AMX Mod X. All you have to do is change #include <amxmod> to #include <amxmodx> but I did that for you , I added comments where you put the client commands , and where you put the messages you want when that client uses that command. :
Code:
#include <amxmodx> public plugin_init() {     register_clcmd( "say /menu","ShowMenu", -1, "Shows The menu" )     register_menucmd(register_menuid("\yFirst Menu:"), 1023, "MenuCommand" )     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public ShowMenu( id ) {     new szMenuBody[256]     new keys     format( szMenuBody, 255, "\yFirst Menu:^n" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w1. First Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w2. Second Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w3. Third Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w4. Fourth Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w5. Fifth Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w6. Sixth Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w7. Seventh Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w8. Eighth Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n\w9. Ninth Option Name" )     add( szMenuBody, 255, "^n^n\w0. Exit Option Name" )     keys = (1<<0|1<<1|1<<2|1<<3|1<<4|1<<5|1<<6|1<<7|1<<8|1<<9)         show_menu( id, keys, szMenuBody, -1 )     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public MenuCommand( id, key ) {     client_print( id, print_console, "[AMX] Key=%d", key )     client_print( id, print_chat, "[AMX] Key=%d", key )     switch( key )     {         case 0:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 1:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 2:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 3:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 4:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 5:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 6:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 7:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 8:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here         case 9:            // Put your client message hereclient_print( id, print_chat, "Text")            // Put your client command here     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }
Send a message via MSN to Peli
MistaGee
Old 03-03-2005 , 09:18  
Reply With Quote #4

btw: the author of the linked tutorial didn't tell us why you can also use
Code:
new keys = 1023
instead of
Code:
new keys=(1<<0|1<<1|1<<2|1<<3|..|1<<9)
Well this is quite easy:

With the above code you set bits. Written side by side, this looks as following:
Code:
Keys: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
Bits: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
This way makes clear that these bits represent a binary number, which, "translated" into the decimal system, is equal to 1023.

Let's see what happens if u only need keys 0-4:
Code:
Keys: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
Bits: 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1
The corresponding decimal value for this would be 31.

I think it's a lot easier using the bitwise notation cuz u won't lose the overview there, just wanted to give a hint...
Send a message via ICQ to MistaGee
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2005 , 19:12  
Reply With Quote #5

Coo, thanks.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-05-2005 , 09:27  
Reply With Quote #6

@MistaGee:

I understand BitWise operations fully, the question I had (way back then) was not "Why is the number 1023", but more like "Why do we even need keys there, when the show_menu() function ultimately ignores them and uses its own keys anyway"...
(Nice explanaition tho! But you didn't explain the math to them! ;))

Also, please don't use that code bit containing the add() functions.. use this instead:
Code:
public ShowMenu( id ) {     new szMenuBody[256]     new keys     new len = format( szMenuBody, 255, "\yFirst Menu:^n" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w1. First Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w2. Second Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w3. Third Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w4. Fourth Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w5. Fifth Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w6. Sixth Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w7. Seventh Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w8. Eighth Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n\w9. Ninth Option Name" )     len += format( szMenuBody[len], 255-len, "^n^n\w0. Exit Option Name" )     keys = (1<<0|1<<1|1<<2|1<<3|1<<4|1<<5|1<<6|1<<7|1<<8|1<<9)         show_menu( id, keys, szMenuBody, -1 )     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

Just replace the same function from above with this one..
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
MistaGee
Old 03-05-2005 , 10:06  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroblood
@MistaGee:

I understand BitWise operations fully
sorry bout that d00d

Quote:
the question I had (way back then) was not "Why is the number 1023", but more like "Why do we even need keys there, when the show_menu() function ultimately ignores them and uses its own keys anyway"...
isn't life one big question? :]

Quote:
(Nice explanaition tho! But you didn't explain the math to them! ;))
Here it comes:
To get a decimal number out of a binary do the following:
for example: 1101010
decimal = 1*2^7 + 1*2^6 + 0*2^5 + 1*2^4 + 1*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 0*2^0 = 26

or just ask your calc.exe in scientific mode (can be switched via menu "View")
Send a message via ICQ to MistaGee
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-05-2005 , 10:43  
Reply With Quote #8

(..double-post..)
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-05-2005 , 10:44  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaGee
decimal = 1*2^7 + 1*2^6 + 0*2^5 + 1*2^4 + 1*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 0*2^0 = 26
GJ!!! That was almost *10100111001* !!!!
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2005 , 12:09  
Reply With Quote #10

Noooo, not math!!

xero, read your gmail =].
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.