Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)

Post New Thread Reply   

Root_
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2014 , 12:05   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
So a tiny little update...
I've recently been testing with this plugin and a teleport plugin and it seems if someone saves their teleport inside a zone, they are free to do whatever they want in that zone. The punishment only takes place if they touch the edges of the zone. Is there anyway to fix that so the whole center of the zone acts like the edges?
Sorry for late reply. You may try to create another zone within that zone, or just change Z coords as half of player maxs (oh my english).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
If I made a zone surrounding the spawn area, and I created a timer to check for how long the client has been in the zone, how would I start the timer if they spawn in the zone already?
As far as I've noticed, the client has to leave the zone and reenter for the timer to initially start.
You also may want to change Z coords to smallest possible, because players are usually spawning a bit higher the ground.

Otherwise if both ways will not work, I will provide some beta zones plugin with that fixed issue.

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2014 , 04:32   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
Sorry for late reply. You may try to create another zone within that zone, or just change Z coords as half of player maxs (oh my english).

You also may want to change Z coords to smallest possible, because players are usually spawning a bit higher the ground.

Otherwise if both ways will not work, I will provide some beta zones plugin with that fixed issue.
So far I have it working; thanks for a great plugin.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 03-03-2014 at 04:57.
ArchangelGabriel
Old 03-04-2014 , 00:21   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Never mind, I figured it out. But just a suggestion. Is there anyway for you to add multiple points? Like for the same zone. For example, you press "E" each time to set a point. Would it be possible to set as many points as you want than enter the name of that zone at any time when your done placing the points? Because I asked earlier if it would be possible to turn the zones you've created or change their shape. Why not just allow people to make multiple points instead of just two?
Old 03-04-2014 , 03:52   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #84

Good idea, but AFAIK trigger_multiple got mins and maxs (as other entitys too), it usually looks like a square (goo example would be players hitboxes, which is highlighted in a box). Not really sure if I can change geometry as you mentored. I will mess with it, but later.

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-04-2014 , 09:43   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
Never mind, I figured it out. But just a suggestion. Is there anyway for you to add multiple points? Like for the same zone. For example, you press "E" each time to set a point. Would it be possible to set as many points as you want than enter the name of that zone at any time when your done placing the points? Because I asked earlier if it would be possible to turn the zones you've created or change their shape. Why not just allow people to make multiple points instead of just two?
I would second that, it would solve problems with setting zones for setting complex zones that require turns or odd hallways.

Also interested in other ideas for combinding smaller zones into one zone that would extend the option of timers so that entering and exiting a zone wouldn't kill the timer.
ArchangelGabriel
Old 03-04-2014 , 21:02   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Good idea, but AFAIK trigger_multiple got mins and maxs (as other entitys too), it usually looks like a square (goo example would be players hitboxes, which is highlighted in a box). Not really sure if I can change geometry as you mentored. I will mess with it, but later.
Sweet! Let me know if you've developed something and if you need help testing it, I'll be glad to help!
Old 03-05-2014 , 07:52   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Also interested in other ideas for combinding smaller zones into one zone that would extend the option of timers so that entering and exiting a zone wouldn't kill the timer.
Core zones plugin dont use any timers, it just fires when player enteres or leaves zone. If you mean custom ones, you have to do it yourself.

RTWNick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-13-2014 , 12:52   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #88

Is there a possibility of making the walls bullet proof on TF2? I love this plugins for events that usually cause chaos. Also if there is a possibility of bouncing back the players that are inside aswell. Is it possible for it to be set for all players to see the lines?

Last edited by RTWNick; 04-13-2014 at 19:00.
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2014 , 08:36   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWNick View Post
Is there a possibility of making the walls bullet proof on TF2? I love this plugins for events that usually cause chaos. Also if there is a possibility of bouncing back the players that are inside aswell. Is it possible for it to be set for all players to see the lines?
Not really sure if it can be done with bullets. However, I know how to make projectiles bounce back or explode when it touches wall.

CenT
Old 06-01-2014 , 06:24   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #90

this plugin works with cs:go ?