12% 

[TF2] Randomizer

Post New Thread Reply   

Aviram1994
Old 09-08-2009 , 12:58   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theme97 View Post
Aviram1994, please post the source to the fixed version. Not only can I update the original post with the fix, but I think distributing .smx files without the source is a violation of the license.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Randomizer.sp - 659 views - 21.7 KB)
Theme97
Old 09-08-2009 , 20:32   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #52

All right, updated OP with that fix along with a few other changes.

I can't test, so please let me know if anything doesn't work right.

I believe that non-Medics will get a second medigun beam after a successful Übercharge, but I'd like confirmation since it's been a while.

[ALL] Karaoke
[TF2] Intel Timer | Crabmod | Randomizer | Stopwatch | Crits 4 All
Aviram1994
Old 09-10-2009 , 00:18   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
All right, updated OP with that fix along with a few other changes.

I can't test, so please let me know if anything doesn't work right.

I believe that non-Medics will get a second medigun beam after a successful Übercharge, but I'd like confirmation since it's been a while.
Please credit Wazz also, He gave me the offsets and the parameter changes
AI-Chicky
Old 09-10-2009 , 21:09   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #54

This is an interesting plugin - but unfortunately doesn't work well with people who wish to keep their server as regular game play most of the time. While it works okay using the plugin, I had the following problems.

- Spy doesn't uncloak if he uses melee weapons.
- There are sometimes black bars attached to weapons. Everytime I noted this problem it was with a Heavy so I don't know if that makes any difference or not.
- Unlockable weapons are not used (not really a problem but I had lots of complaints in regards to this).
- When using the resupply cabinet, ammo amounts were changed to numbers that did not match the weapon in hand. For example, a flare gun with 16 ammo or a minigun with 25 ammo.
- Sometimes the random weapons wound result in two of the same weapon (in all fairness, I only saw this with the shotgun).

While this would be bearable, when paired with the following problems, it really is not.

- Once the plugin is installed, players are then unable to change classes when the plugin is turned off. In other words, everytime you want to use it, you have to install it. Everytime you want to turn it off, you have to uninstall it.
- Some classes have 1000 ammo. And while I'm sure the player with the 1000 ammo wouldn't mind, the players without it certainly do.

I'd love to see an update to the plugin that allowed server admins to turn it on and off. It's fun for one night - but not really something that is worth the effort until these concerns are addressed.
Theme97
Old 09-12-2009 , 00:34   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI-Chicky View Post
- Spy doesn't uncloak if he uses melee weapons.
Quote:
  • rnd_fix_spy (1): Undisguises Spies when using a non-melee attack. Set to 2 to undisguise on all attacks.
Quote:
- There are sometimes black bars attached to weapons. Everytime I noted this problem it was with a Heavy so I don't know if that makes any difference or not.
I don't think this is fixable as far as I can do. Maybe someone else has some insight on this.

Quote:
- Unlockable weapons are not used (not really a problem but I had lots of complaints in regards to this).
Not possible through SourceMod alone, as far as I know. Needs an extension.

Quote:
- When using the resupply cabinet, ammo amounts were changed to numbers that did not match the weapon in hand. For example, a flare gun with 16 ammo or a minigun with 25 ammo.
This shouldn't be happening; see last reply for more details.

Quote:
- Sometimes the random weapons wound result in two of the same weapon (in all fairness, I only saw this with the shotgun).
Engi has a primary shotgun and the other classes have a secondary shotgun. This is not as bad as one might think, since it means you can shoot 12 rounds before having to reload.

Quote:
- Once the plugin is installed, players are then unable to change classes when the plugin is turned off. In other words, everytime you want to use it, you have to install it. Everytime you want to turn it off, you have to uninstall it.
I think this was reported earlier and I had forgotten to change it. I'll remember to look into this for the next update.

Quote:
- Some classes have 1000 ammo. And while I'm sure the player with the 1000 ammo wouldn't mind, the players without it certainly do.
They shouldn't. I run a loop that restricts everyone's ammo to the max they should be holding. This may tie in with the problems had at resupply, where the given ammo was wrong. It'd help if you could post error logs; thanks.

[ALL] Karaoke
[TF2] Intel Timer | Crabmod | Randomizer | Stopwatch | Crits 4 All
(NW)Shane O' D
BANNED
Old 09-18-2009 , 14:39   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #56

you CAN use some unlocks...huntsman and flaregun work..jarate works if u are a scout,heavy or sniper
W()RmS
Old 09-26-2009 , 06:16   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #57

are there any servers running this mod?
(NW)Shane O' D
BANNED
Old 10-03-2009 , 16:29   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by W()RmS View Post
are there any servers running this mod?
24/7 Randomizer Arena

Type this into internet explorer or mozilla firefox,etc..

steam://connect/66.55.155.189:27015
W()RmS
Old 10-03-2009 , 20:03   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #59

i have already found this one ^^
NTICompass
Old 10-15-2009 , 08:57   Re: [TF2] Randomizer
Reply With Quote #60

I am having a problem with this mod. The icons for the weapons do not appear when changing weapons. They only appear if they are the correct weapon for the class, otherwise the weapon pictures don't appear.
Send a message via AIM to NTICompass