Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Lag Due To Rates

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-16-2014 , 14:58   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #21

The sad thing is that you already got your answeres, you just simply ignore them because you don't liked them.

Misery
Old 12-16-2014 , 16:00   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
1000 fps ...
I wonder why this fairy tail is still alive.
With a max update rate of 100 you send the server informations for 100 frames, not 1000!
That means that your server calkulates 900 frames for NOTHING as it uses the same data you semdwith the last cmd_update. Even if you say you have 32 clients on your server and everone could send his data at a different frame you would only need 320 frames . So even then your server spends more than 60% of his CPU to create a warm server room. Having a constant fps is much more important than a high one. Because the first thing a server does when not reaching the set fps is to drop data. This results in loss and choke.
So if you want to do sokething good for your server set max fps to 200, not more and then set the rates to your needs
Oh man so much misinformation in this though. Wow..
100 fps = 10 ms delay
200 fps = 5 ms delay
1000 fps = 1 ms delay

Do the maths.. also all of the server communication is async, so the "you only need 320 frames" is such bs, you can't calculate like this. Only thing that I agree with you is that it's preferrable for it to be constant.

Last edited by Misery; 12-16-2014 at 16:00.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-16-2014 , 22:37   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #23

And the difference between playing with a ping of 20 to 30 is what? Not noticeable.

EDIT: I found this artice a while ago that describes the dependencies between the server and the client. Sadly in german, try to google it.
Spoiler

Last edited by Mordekay; 12-16-2014 at 23:05.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2014 , 00:15   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #24

tl;dr: 1000 FPS are useless because the clients are unable to send information to the Server that fast that the server could use them
Old 12-17-2014 , 23:44   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #25

Ok thanks everyone who helped me.

Just one more thing.

Quote:
When I use HLSM to run HLDS In Service mode, it says Fatal Error : unable to initilize steam, but when I run it with HLSM without the service mode it works perfectly.
Thanks
Misery
Old 12-18-2014 , 20:58   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
And the difference between playing with a ping of 20 to 30 is what? Not noticeable.

EDIT: I found this artice a while ago that describes the dependencies between the server and the client. Sadly in german, try to google it.
10 ms is huge actually. Some internet providers pay sometimes k$ to get reduced latencyy by even 2 ms, for Forex trading for example.
In an ideal world, yes it doesn't matter. But in the real world, you are not even considering retransmit issues, jitter, etc. Having a 10 ms difference can change into 20 ms and 30 ms. You are basically raising your average latency by 10 ms, imo, that's huge.
Misery
Old 12-18-2014 , 21:00   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia View Post
tl;dr: 1000 FPS are useless because the clients are unable to send information to the Server that fast that the server could use them
Makes no sense. It's not about how fast the client sends, it's about how fast the server proceeds the requests.
Visibly you're above your head in this comment. Anyways..

Last edited by Misery; 12-18-2014 at 21:00.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-18-2014 , 22:48   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery View Post
10 ms is huge actually. Some internet providers pay sometimes k$ to get reduced latencyy by even 2 ms, for Forex trading for example.
In an ideal world, yes it doesn't matter. But in the real world, you are not even considering retransmit issues, jitter, etc. Having a 10 ms difference can change into 20 ms and 30 ms. You are basically raising your average latency by 10 ms, imo, that's huge.
You cannot compare a gameserver with billion dollar trades, that argument does not count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery
Makes no sense. It's not about how fast the client sends, it's about how fast the server proceeds the requests.
Visibly you're above your head in this comment. Anyways..
And here again: you cannot watch the server allone. In a perfect world you could, but this is all other than a perfect world.
All it does with the 1000 fps is it sounds good, good enough for providers to get your money.

Last edited by Mordekay; 12-18-2014 at 22:49.
Obada
Old 12-19-2014 , 04:41   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #29

Sorry for the interruption,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obada View Post
EDIT: When I use HLSM to run HLDS In Service mode, it says Fatal Error : unable to initilize steam, but when I run it with HLSM without the service mode it works perfectly.
And By the way Modrdekay, I've got two answers, one from Kia and the other is from Bacardi, Kia's rates are low and Bacardi rates are high.

Here : -

Bacardi:-

sv_maxrate "10000"
sv_minrate "25000"
sv_maxupdaterate "60"
sv_minupdaterate "30"

Kia:-

sv_maxrate "5062"
sv_minrate "0"
sv_maxupdaterate "17"
sv_minupdaterate "4"

Anyone who knows to answer the first question, I really need it. Thanks

Last edited by Obada; 12-19-2014 at 04:43.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-19-2014 , 06:41   Re: Server Lag Due To Rates
Reply With Quote #30

I never told you a single rate, so i don't know why you point on me about that.

However your other question sounds like a problem with HLSM to me as it seems to be not 100% compatible with hlds.
You should post your question to the creator of HLSM