Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Witch Control

Post New Thread Reply   

GanjaStar
Old 06-25-2010 , 13:55   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #151

another bug to repot. sometimes you can't use the witch. it occurs randomly since the last few updates to the game. not sure whats causing it, and theres no errors in the log.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2010 , 10:57   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #152

Any updates or fixs for the Witch Swapping with Survivors at round end?
Lordgeorge16
Old 07-08-2010 , 21:19   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #153

As much as I love this addon, I have one problem with it. It's the fact that you can't use it when running a Dedicated Server. I don't know if any of you guys know about the Versus Mode plugin designed for the Left 4 Dead 2 Demo last year, but that's the kind of plugin I was hoping for when I first saw this. Personally, I don't want to use SourceMod or MetaMod or any of that stuff just to find out that I can't use this myself, but instead that I have to either run a Dedicated Server and let other people play while I sit around and slowly let my life waste away, or join a random server that has it enabled and miss every opportunity to get the Witch because three other people will be trying to get her (Unless it's Hard Rain, then everyone has a fair share of Witches). But what I'm trying to say is that I really want this plugin to be available in the same format as the Versus Mode plugin from the time that the Left 4 Dead 2 Demo was released. If one of you folks out there could make it possible, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time, and keep up the great work.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2010 , 21:24   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #154

This works on dedicated servers fine.
Lordgeorge16
Old 07-09-2010 , 07:05   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #155

No, that's not what I mean. Here's an example. The way I want it to work is, you start up Left 4 Dead 2 (The game itself, not the Dedicated Server program), go to Campaign mode, Versus, Realism, whatever you want. You set it to a Local Server and start it up once everyone is there. The people playing as the Infected (Whether it's regularly or through the Versus Mode plugin from the L4D2 Demo) should automatically have the ability to take control of the Witch. I tried this and nothing happened. This is the way I was talking about. In case anyone is wondering, yes, I installed everything the exact way I should, and still no results.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2010 , 07:57   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgeorge16 View Post
No, that's not what I mean. Here's an example. The way I want it to work is, you start up Left 4 Dead 2 (The game itself, not the Dedicated Server program), go to Campaign mode, Versus, Realism, whatever you want. You set it to a Local Server and start it up once everyone is there. The people playing as the Infected (Whether it's regularly or through the Versus Mode plugin from the L4D2 Demo) should automatically have the ability to take control of the Witch. I tried this and nothing happened. This is the way I was talking about. In case anyone is wondering, yes, I installed everything the exact way I should, and still no results.
Works fine on my local server.

You doing it wrong.
Lordgeorge16
Old 07-09-2010 , 10:31   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #157

All right then, what am I specifically supposed to do?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2010 , 14:00   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #158

set up your own l4d srcds and install metamod and sourcemod. How else is a c++ sp file supposed to work ? You need mm/sm no matter what type of hosting you do.
Lordgeorge16
Old 07-28-2010 , 18:04   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #159

Yeah, I have Sourcemod and Metamod, I've tried making myself a server admin, and nothing happens. I haven't used srcds because I can't get the HLDS update tool to work because I'm not a system administrator.
DJ_WEST
Old 07-30-2010 , 11:34   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #160

Lordgeorge16, its work fine on DS or local server. I know it, because i'm testing this plugin more time on my local server.
Quote:
Any updates or fixs for the Witch Swapping with Survivors at round end?
What are you mean? Please give me more information. I remember that already fix bug with round end.