Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Witch Control

Post New Thread Reply   

n3wton
Old 05-11-2010 , 16:52   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #131

Mine was a 4vs4 on the parish aswel... No errors in logs.

Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 05-11-2010 at 16:56.
MANGO SENTINEL
Old 05-11-2010 , 21:02   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #132

I recently put this plugin on my server however when someone is in control of a witch when they press M1 instead of a claw the witch autostartles

This is kind of not good...

Any thoughts as to why this is happening
Blakeocity
Old 05-11-2010 , 22:50   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #133

Thats how its suppose to work.

l4d2_witch_attack 0

In your server.cfg to disable it.
CosmicD
Old 05-12-2010 , 06:20   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #134

I'm testing this on my server. This is something I always wanted cheers. HOwever I didn't see any witch spawns yet. COuld it cause conflicts with plugins like "no witch hunting" ?

btw: also made dutch instructor messages:

Code:
"Phrases"
{
    "Information"
    {
        "nl"    "Tip"
    }
    "Take witch"
    {
        "nl"    "Druk de GEBRUIK ITEM toets om de Witch te bedienen"
    }
    "Lose witch"
    {
        "nl"    "Druk nogmaals de GEBRUIK ITEM toets om de bediening te stoppen"
    }
    "Sit witch"
    {
        "nl"    "Als Witch kan je gaan zitten en opstaan door de HURK toets in te drukken"
    }
}
Updated my translation to be less verbose.

Last edited by CosmicD; 05-12-2010 at 09:32.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-12-2010 , 07:11   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #135

CosmicD, thanks for translation.
Quote:
If someone is taking the witch in the first teams (e.g. the other team still has to play that map) versus game, and then the round ends, and the witch is not killed, the player who was the witch then spawns at the last position of the witch.
Maybe fixed. Need testing.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_witch_control.sp - 390 views - 29.9 KB)
Old 05-12-2010 , 12:37   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #136

I tested a bit further.

I never see the message where you're prompted how to use the witch, when you approach her. You juset pres E and then the second and thids hint messages come up, but as said, you never see the first.

Also wouldn't it be nice for an option to vote who is going to become the witch? Otherwise everyone is just racing to her and wants to use her always.

I suggest that If vote enabled, disable press E to use her regardless of the attack cvar setting.

Also,

will the plugin get it's own cfg file in /left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod ?

Last edited by CosmicD; 05-12-2010 at 13:55.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-12-2010 , 15:02   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #137

Quote:
I never see the message where you're prompted how to use the witch, when you approach her. You juset pres E and then the second and thids hint messages come up, but as said, you never see the first.
Instructor hint can be created only one, so it saw only one person. Already fixed it (attached plugin version in my previous post), message about how to use the witch displayed in the chat.
Quote:
Also wouldn't it be nice for an option to vote who is going to become the witch? Otherwise everyone is just racing to her and wants to use her always.
I wanted to do exactly as it's now, and I like this. I don't want to do vote option for many reasons. To avoid problems with those who will control the witch, you need teamplay and use a microphone ;)
Quote:
Also,

will the plugin get it's own cfg file in /left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod ?
I don't like this option in the SourceMod (automatic config creation), because after updating the plugin, you need to remove the config, and many people don't know about that or simply not do. I prefer manually adding cvars in the server config

Last edited by DJ_WEST; 05-12-2010 at 15:05.
CosmicD
Old 05-12-2010 , 15:32   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #138

ah, well , NP on that. I already aded the options in the config so no prob there,

I'll try the new versions tomorrow, enough testing for today.
Old 05-14-2010 , 18:51   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #139

DJ West, when you choose to "attack" with the witch when you press left click to "release her" it seems to select a ramdon player on any team to be "trigger" as in, they "startled" her when they could be Infected or a Survivor who is dead or on the other side of the map.

One of my players thinks, the "trigger" is a player who had control of the witch in "their" infected turn.

Is there anyway to make it so when you choose as a Infected player to "attack" then only Survivor players are selected as the "trigger" or make it select the Survivor who has the shortest distance to the Witch please?

We are also using V10's 8+ Players Bug Fixs, if it helps: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121945
DJ_WEST
Old 05-15-2010 , 06:15   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
DJ West, when you choose to "attack" with the witch when you press left click to "release her" it seems to select a ramdon player on any team to be "trigger" as in, they "startled" her when they could be Infected or a Survivor who is dead or on the other side of the map.
Director selects the target for witch attacks, I have already say it.
First of all, I use 4 vs 4 server. I have nothing against 8 vs 8 and others, but increasing the maximum number of players may change some features of the game and something may not work correctly. So I would not be surprised that after the witch attack in servers with increased max players, she has a strange behavior.
Quote:
Is there anyway to make it so when you choose as a Infected player to "attack" then only Survivor players are selected as the "trigger" or make it select the Survivor who has the shortest distance to the Witch please?
I think only a function call from the server library. That need time to find it and testing. It can be difficult to find this function in the windows library.
Quote:
We are also using V10's 8+ Players Bug Fixs
This extension can affect to the witch attack.