Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)

Post New Thread Reply   

untalented893
Old 05-07-2010 , 15:31   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalty2004 View Post
So nobody knows how to create config files for the other maps to give them some sense of randomization and dynamic playability?

Its a shame only 4 maps out of 20 have this feature.

Obviously some cannot such as:

Dead Center 1, 4

Dark Carn 1

Swamp 4

Parish 5

But the rest should be large and easy enough to do

I said on a previous post that I have dynamic paths for all maps excluding swamp fever. They are custom and not the defaults. Example: Vending machines on c1m1_hotel force survivors out on the ledge a second time on the hard path. I'm not giving them out yet though because they are not finalized to my liking. An example would be my subpar quick-fix on the hard route of the mall. Those fences are out of place and they clip through the glass at some points.

Quote:
is this for co op?
As for this plugin working for coop, just add coop into the l4d2_routing_gamemodes cvar.
Inker
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-07-2010 , 15:36   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Nope. Doing so would involve editing the map itself.
Are you sure? I seem to recall Stripper Source being used to remove invisible walls back in L4D1. I could be mistaken though, it was quite a while that I was looking at it.
untalented893
Old 05-07-2010 , 15:48   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
Are you sure? I seem to recall Stripper Source being used to remove invisible walls back in L4D1. I could be mistaken though, it was quite a while that I was looking at it.
Yes, you could in l4d1 but the invisible walls are hardcoded into the map in l4d2. It seems like valve likes to piss us off
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2010 , 15:53   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #44

I chose those maps for dynamic routing that Valve clearly intended that feature for. By the way, in Coop mode some maps such as Mall and Cementary do have dynamic pathing by themselves - i merely extend that (and mod it) to work in versus and other modes.

And yeah theres the completely custom pathing for the Park.
siangc
Old 05-07-2010 , 17:17   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #45

can you possible add some cardboard or something to block this window in hotel? to prevent this glitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBGZnviDwn8
JackieChan
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2010 , 06:44   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
They made it worse this time around. I experimented with filtering the infected_clips and it doesn't make much of a difference. Mainly because of the fact 95% of the invisible walls aren't clips, they're brushes. Like in Crash Course. The level was littered with invisible walls that couldn't be filtered using stripper.
DJ_WEST
Old 05-08-2010 , 11:24   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #47

Nice plugin. I had the idea to make plugin like this
Old 05-09-2010 , 11:30   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #48

Why do people keep saying you can't modify DaC1? I can think of multiple ways it's possible;

After the humvee with ammo stash you can force a team up the hill and over the other overpass or under it. Close off the fence to stay down and force them to run along the billboard, or close off the billboard and force them to stay down. Force them to go through the pool area, then close off the close stairs, forcing them to run all the way back to the far stairs, or even close those off forcing teams to climb the ladder of the billboard(I could see that being hell. The whole parking area before the safe room could be modded as well. Also having more areas to spawn in the gorge after the hill could be nicer as well.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2010 , 15:30   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #49

I have a suggestion, is it possible to add a admin command to check what path has been forced on a map please?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2010 , 09:27   Re: [L4D2] Routing (Dynamic Paths)
Reply With Quote #50

Done ... added new console command sm_pathinfo, which displays current Route and who chose it.