Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2015 , 19:21   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

I've still never received a response from Beetle. I'm tempted to just release it.
By all means go right ahead..I mean I don't see where it would hurt anything I'd love to run it.
unlucky ducky
Old 03-13-2015 , 15:13   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #482

Something worth noting is that since the last TF2 update one may have to replace the extensions of the sounds being used in the prophunt config from .wav to .mp3 if they're sounds from TF2 itself. Otherwise you might be left with only some of the sounds playing

Last edited by unlucky ducky; 03-13-2015 at 17:45.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2015 , 16:17   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky ducky View Post
Something worth noting is that since the last TF2 update one may have to replace the extensions of the sounds being used in the prophunt config from .wav to .mp3 if they're sounds from TF2 itself. Otherwise you might be left with only some of the sounds playing.
Ugh, I meant to check on this, but I got wrapped up redoing MapChooser Extended Sounds.

Anyway, 3.3.x moved over to using "builtin" files for as many of its things as I could, so really only the CPBonus file should be broken.

If you're still using 3.2.x, I fixed all the sounds for that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky ducky View Post
Edit: They also appear to have removed some sound files that aren't used in Team Fortress 2, but is used in Prophunt. The button sounds used for prop-locking and unlocking is one of these casualties.
Just saw this was added to your post.

The button sounds are in the hl2 shared files (hl2/hl2_sound_misc_dir.vpk), which is why you won't find them in tf/tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk. These files are still included as part of TF2.

Incidentally, these are still wav files, as are all the weapon sounds.

On a side note, the reason Valve thinks it can get away with changing the voiceover files to mp3 is because mappers aren't supposed to call them directly, but instead use the tf_gamerules object's PlayVO, PlayVORed, and PlayVOBlue inputs. These take the sound names from the various game_sound_vo files.

This is as opposed to the sound files in misc and hl2_misc, which mappers are encouraged to use directly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prophunt_config.zip (7.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-13-2015 at 16:27.
unlucky ducky
Old 03-13-2015 , 16:27   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #484

Quote:
Just saw this was added to your post.

The button sounds are in the hl2 shared files (hl2/hl2_sound_misc_dir.vpk), which is why you won't find them in tf/tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk. These files are still included as part of TF2.
Ah, that explains why I was unable to find them when browsing the TF2 VPKs. Didn't realise they were outside the tf directory.

Edit: And thank you for the further explanation regarding the sound files, it's appreciated

Last edited by unlucky ducky; 03-13-2015 at 16:41.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2015 , 19:18   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #485

So do I need to update something from Valve's sound change or no?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2015 , 19:19   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
So do I need to update something from Valve's sound change or no?
I attached a new config file to my last post.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-13-2015 , 19:50   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #487

Quote:
I attached a new config file to my last post.
Ok thanks I saw it but wasn't sure if that was official as you didn't change the 1st post.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2015 , 20:00   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #488

I've been running into the issue where I see the entire server just drop cause of "missing map" disconnects. Now I have the bz2 of the bmp on fast download and the bmp right where the others are same name and everything. I can't really figure out why this is happening... the most recent was on ph_petitcourtyard_v1a.bsp

Any ideas?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 09:43   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #489

Quote:
Ok thanks I saw it but wasn't sure if that was official as you didn't change the 1st post.
I really need to update the first post. Heck, I don't even think the main post has 3.3.1 attached to it.

Quote:
I've been running into the issue where I see the entire server just drop cause of "missing map" disconnects. Now I have the bz2 of the bmp on fast download and the bmp right where the others are same name and everything. I can't really figure out why this is happening... the most recent was on ph_petitcourtyard_v1a.bsp

Any ideas?
Hmm, I'd recommend double-checking that sv_downloadurl is correct.

It might not hurt to move the map on your own system to a different directory (or for windows, put it in the recycle bin) and see if downloads for you.

If you have access to the webserver's log files, the error logs can be useful too as they will generally give you the status codes... 403 for Forbidden, 404 for Not Found, 500 for Internal Server Error, 503 for Service Temporarily Unavailable, etc...

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-16-2015 at 09:46.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-16-2015 , 20:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.0, 2015-01-01)
Reply With Quote #490

Quote:
I really need to update the first post. Heck, I don't even think the main post has 3.3.1 attached to it.

Hmm, I'd recommend double-checking that sv_downloadurl is correct.

It might not hurt to move the map on your own system to a different directory (or for windows, put it in the recycle bin) and see if downloads for you.

If you have access to the webserver's log files, the error logs can be useful too as they will generally give you the status codes... 403 for Forbidden, 404 for Not Found, 500 for Internal Server Error, 503 for Service Temporarily Unavailable, etc...
Well I have them all set the same as I do with 14 other servers so its not that cause all the other maps download just fine, just those few and that last one mentioned. It may not be an issue with this at all but I figured it was worth mentioning to see if anyone else ran across it.

Last edited by Horsedick; 03-16-2015 at 20:01.