12% 

[CSGO] Slowing everything down

Post New Thread Reply   

hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 04-02-2017 , 06:58   [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #1

Making a plugin where players can individually set their 'timescale'

Issue is I can't use host_timescale since 1) needs sv_cheats on 2) slows down EVERYTHING 3) when testing made movement choppy and laggy

So I've decided to use m_flLaggedMovementValue to slow player speed, what I'm not sure about is setting speed of other plugin functions. Initially wanted to make them run every nth frame instead of every frame depending on what player has speed set to but if player has timescale set to 0.4 for example, that would mean that they would run every 2.5 frames, not sure how that would work.

Just wondering if anyone has gone through this before and found a better solution or if you have any ideas on how to do this.

Thanks.
Weetabix
Old 04-02-2017 , 07:58   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #2

You want the things to look slower but not actually be slower? Not sure if you can get the same effect as host_timescale and since that property is called m_flLaggedMovementValue
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 04-02-2017 , 08:12   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #3

Not trying to slow down absolutely everything like host_timescale does, but mainly player speed and some functions within the plugin I'm making.

Player speed is easy to set and I've figured that out, my problem is with the plugin functions that I have running every frame. I want the effect of them being slowed down, so if the player has the timescale setting on .5 then they will run every 2nd frame instead, making them seem half as fast. For values like 0.5 this is easy, but I want to be able to do this programatically for any timescale value such as 0.4 or 0.75.
Weetabix
Old 04-02-2017 , 08:38   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
Not trying to slow down absolutely everything like host_timescale does, but mainly player speed and some functions within the plugin I'm making.

Player speed is easy to set and I've figured that out, my problem is with the plugin functions that I have running every frame. I want the effect of them being slowed down, so if the player has the timescale setting on .5 then they will run every 2nd frame instead, making them seem half as fast. For values like 0.5 this is easy, but I want to be able to do this programatically for any timescale value such as 0.4 or 0.75.
Adjust those functions to account for the m_flLaggedMovementValue value.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 04-02-2017 , 17:03   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #5

How would I do that?
Weetabix
Old 04-02-2017 , 17:49   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #6

Well, what does your plugin do? Or perhaps share your script.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 04-02-2017 , 18:07   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #7

Don't think it's really relevant, but I'm making a TAS for bhop.
Has an autostrafer and rewind/fastforward, last thing left to do is changing timescale settings.
Issue is with the autostrafer since it strafes every tick/frame, but I want it to only run every nth frame to slow it down depending on what timescale setting user has. I need a way to figure out exactly what frames it should and shouldn't run on based on the timescale value.
ambn
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2017 , 05:07   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #8

You can easly try sm_cvar host_timescale but it only make voices slow down so then you will need to slow them down manually as well.
Old 04-03-2017 , 05:16   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
Issue is I can't use host_timescale since 1) needs sv_cheats on 2) slows down EVERYTHING 3) when testing made movement choppy and laggy
Tried setting player host_timescale indivisually and the movement was very choppy, like the player was lagging. Movement is fine if you change server host_timescale, but it slows down literally everything, even UI and sounds
Mehis
Old 04-03-2017 , 12:19   Re: [CSGO] Slowing everything down
Reply With Quote #10

You have no other choice but to skip every < (1.0 / laggedmovementvalue) frame. You should be able to do it yourself.