Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Models models models...

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-16-2010 , 07:09   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #121

Well you're right about coding. I've asked because it's not like there are some well known site or something. But I've never searched, though I'm pretty sure you can find much resources by searching. :p It would be interesting to have such knowledge, I've always wanted to make custom models for my server. When you want to have a mod but you fail because you don't find the appropriate model, it's quite frustrating. :p
Old 09-16-2010 , 14:16   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #122

@vaan123
Sorry about that but i need help i try with HMW and vtfedit but doesn`t work..I tried but i couldn`t doit
So please help me

Yours faithfully
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2010 , 17:51   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #123

Lol, it certainly is. I had to make my airstrike from scratch. I had to map my entire BB mod (in the beggining). I redid all the zombie models in my mod. It's great. But it's also frustrating when you need to code something and you have no friggen idea where to start, lol. If you wanna learn how to model, just google search. Experiment and play around with different programs. Take a model and import it and try and re-rig a skeleton.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
Costin83
Old 09-16-2010 , 18:31   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #124

@Arkshine: What I've learned about modeling it's most part googling one little thing by another in time, function of what I had need for and a little patience and trying to self explain/learn what I didn't knew... I've just learned in little steps one today, one the day after... etc... I didn't followed a tutorial or something; I've just toked little knowledge from here, here from there...
It was most part trial and error... I've always learned from mistakes... the basis is just try and try until you hit your head of something hard and then google some errors and so on... By passing time you start to get familiar with some basic things, to deduct some others and so you get better and better...
The main goal is not to aim to do as much stuff as you can, but try to do it the way it meant to be done. Porting and editing stuff it's a very good idea for starters because you can learn how a good model is done since models from games are obviously optimized for the purpose of being used in games...
Other important thing is to like what you're doing and not doing it just for the fact that it can be done; In such cases the results are poor...
If you did some model and it seems finished... well check again... It is never done until you test it ingame at least for a couple of hours... You'll be amazed of how many optimizations/fixes can occur during the testing period...
NEVER! (AND I MEAN NEVER) let some known bug/etc. or whatever in your final product just because you're too lazy to fix it or you think you don't have the necessary knowledge to fix it... or worse to say "it works as it is doesn't it ? What if it has bugs... ?" Always try to search/find things that you think you're incapable to do; In most cases you will eventually find a solution...

@Tirant: Well, in fact I did some simple models from scratch... (indeed very simple models, but still... ) such models are money bag, first aid sprays, coins pile, gunpowders from Resident Evil 3, lab_key and the ink ribbon... I know there are not really complex models and I didn't made the textures but, let's be honest... making textures it's a really hard thing to do and requires very much talent and time... I don't think there are much modelers that made their own textures...
Lol, hate eachother... ? who ?

@everybody: It's not that I don't want to help you all but... 1. I don't have so much spare time... 2. As Arkshine mentioned above... this is not a request thread, thus I will help as much as I can with models... I started this thread to encourage people to post their own models and to gather a collection of custom/rare/etc... models... 3. Some models are too hard to do/make/edit and may not serve a reliable purpose to take your time and make them... 4. A while ago (not too long - let's say about a year... ) I was just like you... I didn't even knew how or what de/compile a model is... I was in the situation of searching skins on FPS****** and found that I wasn't satisfied with one or more of them... and after figuring out that there is no such thing as a perfect weapon pack or player pack or a pack that you can gather from different places I started to ask myself... If somebody else can do such complex edits/mods/hacks/whatever can't I do some basic stuff to help myself... ? At least for the start...

The big problem with some of you (of course not all... ) it's that you are too lazy to even try... believe me when I say that I didn't knew about modeling more then most of you know right now... I understand that there are members that don't really have the time or just have other things more important to do with their time and it's nothing to blame... But then again there are those that just register on this forum and ask for this or that or whatever...

Again, I don't say I won't help you... but I will sometimes just forget about some things and I will do other stuff then mine when I can and have the time to do it...

One more thing... I don't know how to script, though I try to understand as much as I can and I, in most part do my plugin edits myself and don't request something if I'm not pretty sure that it's worth... I also try first to do it myself by searching other plugins that I may make use of trying to combine them, edit, etc... I don't just hit the suggestions/requests forum and ASK/TROLL/BEG until I'm sure I am incapable of doing it...

As a person that doesn't know much or anything about modeling, you may also ask for some help in learning how to do it yourself... We would sure be glad to offer you information or basic tutorials for you to have a point where to start...

Edit: About The CS:S player models pack (The CT pack is already released in one of my previews posts for those who don't know)

The Arctic and Leet models are 100% done (well, there are still in testing period)
I just have to make Guerilla and Terror models for the TE pack to be complete.
I will release all 4 TE models when their will all be done and tested.

Last edited by Costin83; 09-16-2010 at 19:57.
Send a message via Yahoo to Costin83
ot_207
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2010 , 20:10   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #125

It's ok, you can finish them whenever you want. No problem.

Back, will come around when I have time.
Costin83
Old 09-16-2010 , 21:13   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot_207 View Post
It's ok, you can finish them whenever you want. No problem.
Lol I didn't refered to your models... Good thing that you remembered me...
I totally forgoten about those...
I thought I have made them already... dang... There were almost done and I just forgotten to finish them... stupid me...

Edit: OK DONE!

p_nades - 267.07 Kb. to 75.07 Kb.
p_shield_nades - 343.60 Kb. to 151.60 Kb.
v_nades - 1003.88 Kb. to 340.22 Kb.
v_shield_nades - 855.89 Kb. to 438.55 Kb.
w_nades - 266.12 Kb. to 73.72 Kb.

I'm feeling better now that I've completed the task

And btw... These nades have a purpose in life...
Attached Files
File Type: zip p_nades.zip (322.9 KB, 157 views)
File Type: zip p_shield.zip (846.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip v_nades.zip (1.57 MB, 174 views)
File Type: zip v_shield.zip (2.16 MB, 124 views)
File Type: zip w_nades.zip (308.8 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Costin83; 09-16-2010 at 21:55.
Send a message via Yahoo to Costin83
am_amx
Old 09-16-2010 , 23:16   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #127

hi Costin83
excellent work can you make some GOOD admin models(ct's,t's)
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2010 , 01:03   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #128

I really couldn't put it better myself. I learned the same way. Start small, work bigger. I'm still learning, and I've a long way to go.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]
ShAym
Old 09-17-2010 , 02:49   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #129

So Costing(I am from Romania too)can convert those models please if you want
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-17-2010 , 04:34   Re: Models models models...
Reply With Quote #130

Stop to flood there. Asking more and more is not the good way. That's not a request thread.