12% 

FF2 CONFUSED

Post New Thread Reply   

Fireball_Nation
Old 10-13-2012 , 06:31   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfrog View Post
It is a web server (httpd) that is separate to your game server. It is used to provide an alternative faster way of downloading files for servers with custom content.

You can run a custom content game server, such as FF2, without one, but the downloading of the custom content files, to new players connecting to your server, will be significantly slower.

For more info read - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9717-HMAP-7066

Tried it and it didn't work ;( Is there any additional stuff I have to do to get it work? Also sorry to sound like an idiot but I've never done map changes before how do I do that? If it's via the file that comes with the plugin does putting "all" work next to the prefixes? It says it does on the main thread hence why I did it but I don't know.
jasonfrog
Old 10-13-2012 , 07:41   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #12

I can't help if I have to guess what you might have done. You have to give more information otherwise it's hard to try to help you.

What exactly did you try? What exactly is happening? What do you see in the error log in addons/sourcemod/logs?

In regard to the 'maps.cfg' file, then leave it as it was originally, with just the following in it.

Code:
arena_
koth_
vsh_
Fireball_Nation
Old 10-13-2012 , 11:07   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfrog View Post
I can't help if I have to guess what you might have done. You have to give more information otherwise it's hard to try to help you.

What exactly did you try? What exactly is happening? What do you see in the error log in addons/sourcemod/logs?

In regard to the 'maps.cfg' file, then leave it as it was originally, with just the following in it.

Code:
arena_
koth_
vsh_

It seems I already had the files (well some of them) so I overwritten them just to be sure and I have downloaded all of what you said except the fast download atm as it looks too complicated for me (I'd just rather it was working atm). My default map when I restart the server is 2fort I don't know why or how to change that. However I then used the admin commands to change the map to an arena one but it was like normal?

I then typed "ff2" in console and "ff2next" to see if there was any sort of response but it just said "unknown command". I have set the cvars as well (I don't know whether that matters but meh)

Last edited by Fireball_Nation; 10-13-2012 at 11:09.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2012 , 19:02   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #14

backchannel meant to just PM me. How are you doing now?
Fireball_Nation
Old 10-13-2012 , 19:32   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
backchannel meant to just PM me. How are you doing now?

See above post, still not working :\

I can PM you or add you on steam either way works, whichever you think is easier. But if you can help please read what I posted before, thanks
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2012 , 21:16   Re: CONFUSED
Reply With Quote #16

you said windows right? ill make an addons folder for you. Be sure your gameserver is allowing you to upload .dlls like with the items and hooks