Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Bosses randomly stop working after a few rounds?

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2012 , 22:26   Bosses randomly stop working after a few rounds?
Reply With Quote #1

I was doing an FF2 event for my community, the first after reopening my FF2 server... but I noticed that after a few bosses go by, the custom sounds stop working and most of the boss's models start appearing as Errors, even ones that I know were previously loading correctly.

This is with 1.06h.

Is anyone else seeing problems like these on their servers?

Edit: D'oh, I just noticed sv_pure was being set to 1 in my server.cfg... I was setting it to 0 on server startup and thought it was set correctly because of this.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-05-2012 at 22:50.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-06-2012 , 01:23   Re: Bosses randomly stop working after a few rounds?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
do is it ok then>>>? because i run h on a few servers i help maintain and we have no problems on any of them.
I think it was an sv_pure thing, although I did run into one bad config file (the mentlegen boss's is utf-8 with BOM, but it needs to be utf-8 without BOM). I rescheduled my community's event until tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out either then or at some point before that if I get to the testing stage for 1.7.
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2012 , 10:46   Re: Bosses randomly stop working after a few rounds?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I think it was an sv_pure thing, although I did run into one bad config file (the mentlegen boss's is utf-8 with BOM, but it needs to be utf-8 without BOM). I rescheduled my community's event until tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out either then or at some point before that if I get to the testing stage for 1.7.
This is what I experienced when I tried one of the updates where the character set was "fixed". Can't remember which one exactly. Believe I am still on d. The other thing that was happening was would get "blank" character sets in voting which I believe if people "voted" for would do the samething.

So that was why I was asking if you could release your version of fix or at least perhaps check the code for the "fix" by Ravensbro I believe. Cheers and welcome back