Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Section Closure

Post New Thread Reply   

Matthias Vance
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:01   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #11

Do note that that paste is missing my last message, in which (after undeleting the posts a second time) I stated that I was just asking questions, and nothing else.

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 09-06-2010 at 11:07.
frap
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:05   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Vance View Post
Do note that that paste is missing my last message, in which (after undeleting the posts a second time) I stated that I was just asking questions, and nothing else.

Fraps : Getting permissions to moderate a section of a forum doesn't mean you're the boss. You have the rights to moderate, but not more (or less) than other moderators who have moderator rights across the whole of AM.
You should have talked to Kigen before over doing what he did.

Also,

You're edited post greatly contradicts your original post.

I am not trying to flame you, and I am just simply trying to figure out why you over did other peoples moderator actions without talking to them first. I am sure Kigen could have talked this out with you first.

Last edited by frap; 09-06-2010 at 11:12.
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:07   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #13

fraps many people post something that may have a typo or may not mean what they thought it would mean,

from his original post he coulda simply forgot to put a not in the sentance. thats why there is an edit button, so you can fix mistakes or make your point clearer.

-edit look at that i messed up and put where instead of why so i need to edit. get my point?

Last edited by bobdole; 09-06-2010 at 11:08. Reason: typo
Matthias Vance
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:08   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #14

Because I made a typo?

I suggest you be very careful now by the way, there is no need to flame me.

As a moderator of a section, you DO NOT have more permissions than any member of the regular moderator team of AlliedModders.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:09   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #15

@ Fraps, "As a moderator of a section, you DO NOT have more permissions than any member of the regular moderator team of AlliedModders." means Kigen shouldn't have deleted his posts, if you're not following.
Old 09-06-2010 , 11:42   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post

Why don't you check out http://codingdirect.com/ at the same time. Yes, that is Kigen's new company.
A decent server to provide commercial-quality game server hosting and web-hosting along with the management software costs around, you guessed it, $300 p/month.
Hum ? what do you mean ?

Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-06-2010 , 12:24   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #17

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=823636

Ive always wondered why Kigen never used that and just used a personal website or something to store KAC on.

I didnt even know anything about the $300/month in donations thing till yesterday but it kinda seems silly to me.

I love the plugin and thank him for all the hard work but I think a less expensive route needs to be found and this probably would have never happened.
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2010 , 12:28   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #18

@Frap, I run 2 full boxes and 1 web vps for just over 340$ and my boxes are AMD Phenom II X6 with 8Gb of ram so there is no way he needs 300$ for a box unless he is getting riped off and i do understand wanting to get payed for his work but he has shot down so many people in the past no one wants to help him any more. on top of that why would you need a full box to "detect aim bots" that should be done on the local server that is running the plugin now i know he needs to test it but still like Matthias Vance said a nice vps will do the job for cheep. Also if you did not read what happened before this section closed then you have no room to talk.
Matthias Vance
Old 09-06-2010 , 14:29   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaclaus View Post
Hum ? what do you mean ?
What part of that don't you understand?
Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-06-2010 , 14:57   Re: Section Closure
Reply With Quote #20

As I've explained before I needed the $300 for the box. The box is provided by SoftLayer. I prefer quality over quantity. The master server currently receives over a million queries a day. And is subject to random DDoS attacks by those who would wish to see the project dead. I do suffer such attacks.

As far as CodingDirect, LLC. I was trying to build a company so I didn't have to ask for donations any longer and the entire thing would be self-supporting via providing GSP services. However its been hard on me to setup a company on my own, the economy hasn't been nice.

My money that I had to start all this up is dwindling. That is why I started asking for support. I've had the box since February.

As far as deleting the posts. This was because quite a few people saw it as a chance to start drama and to flame at KAC and me. Mainly for not providing a no-Socket alternative to the main stream KAC. I decided not to give one out because it is much simpler to provide one version of KAC. Others have posted how to remove Sockets from KAC and the source code for KAC is provided with every release. So I decided to let some people just figure out how to put about three comment lines into kigen-ac-pub.sp. Much simpler.

The reason I had to resort to hard-deleting the posts was because Matthias Vance kept undeleting posts. In every community and group I've been apart of this would have been frowned upon as its admin abuse. But apparently that is not the case here. Anyway, the proper way this should have been handled is if Matthias Vance and others had such a issue with me soft-deleting posts they should have contacted me via PMs and not publicly undeleting and then telling me off in posts.

If you do not wish to donate so be it, don't donate. But please do not start drama saying "he has no reason to ask for $300" and "hes a money grubber". Accusations like that in public threads tend to create flames and drama. The way those posts were wasn't in a "what do you use the $300 for" or "why do you have to have a dedicated box". Also, people, comparing your usage of a data-center services to mine isn't right. That box has a much higher usage and target attached to it than most people. It isn't simply a website host. The dedicated box is used to provide the master server not just a website. And that master server is having a very evolving and expanding role with KAC. The latest of which is aimbot detection, which is very CPU intensive.

Anyway, I'm tired of the drama started on these forums and the disrespect I've seen here from moderators.

Anyone seeking support for KAC I suggest asking on Kigen's Anti-Cheat website. I will no longer provide support for KAC on these forums.