Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-06-2017 , 16:25   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 10-13-17)
Reply With Quote #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiver View Post
I've read your tutorial at Gitlab thoroughly, but I still don't clarify the difference between "abm_minplayer" , " abm_extraplayer" and "abm_teamlimit" .

btw, how do I set these three cvars as well as L4Dtoolz for the following server setup?

- Totally 10 player slots in server
- Max. 8 players in survivor team (i.e 2 spectator slots are available)
- Min. 5 survivor bots all times
- 3 additional survivor bots allowed for pruning (i.e. spawn or remove additional bots for the sixth player onwards.

How would be the case for competitive modes (e.g. versus)?

For example, paired with L4Dtoolz & Left 4 Downtown 2
- Total 18 player slots in server
- Max. 8 players in survivor team
- Min. 6 surivivor bots in survivor team (the remaining 2 would be additional bots)
- Max. 7 players in infected team ("unlocked" w/o additional bots available, right?)
- The remaining 3 player slots are for spectators only.

Please explain so that I fully make use of this remarkable mod in my server.
If you have 1.92 (which was at the main post until this very moment), get it again, it should be 1.94. Version 1.94 fixes quite a few things and it especially fixes versus. For the most part, Crasher_3637 got it right but I'll recap as there are a few things that have changed but have not been updated in the readme (following the readme still works but some of it is being phased out).

You can't choose 10 or 18 slots. Its either 10 or it's 18. We'll go with setting up 18 in L4DToolZ in this example

PHP Code:
sv_maxplayers 18
sv_visiblemaxplayers 18
sv_force_unreserved 1 
If you want only 8 human team mates active on a team at any given time and everyone else to spectate thereafter, do
PHP Code:
abm_teamlimit 8 
If you have 18 slots and abm_teamlimit is set to 8, after 8 spots are filled on all teams, additional players are put onto spectators. So if you're playing campaign, you'll get 8 survivors, 10 spectators. If you're playing versus you'll get 8 survivors, 8 infected and 2 spectators.

If you want to always start off with X bots, do
PHP Code:
abm_minplayers X 
What ever you set this too, you'll start every round with X survivors. Additional survivors are created on demand thereafter until either abm_teamlimit or max slots are reached. You cannot currently choose an X amount for team survivor and Y amount for team infected. These numbers have to match, 4 vs 4 or 10 vs 10. ABM does not unlock SI in competitive modes, you'll need either Left 4 Downtown or VScript Director Options Unlocker. See the explanation.

Here's a historical note. abm_extraplayers can be used to help add additional bots but it's no longer needed. It's still available but it's unnecessary. At one point, it was used to track extra players created with e.g, abm-mk. Even though it's still around and works, it will be removed at some point and using abm_minplayers directly is fine.

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 11-06-2017 at 16:27. Reason: clarified abm_teamlimit
RDiver
Old 11-06-2017 , 17:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 10-13-17)
Reply With Quote #312

Thanks for your advice and well explanation!

One suggestion for survivor model selection: Add an cvar to enable whether non-admin players are allowed to use sm_abm-model (!model) in chat messages.
RDiver
Old 11-09-2017 , 12:02   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 10-13-17)
Reply With Quote #313

If I need to turn on "abm_unlocksi" with Left 4 Downtown 2 (non-playerslot version) to unlock more SI slots in Versus mode, is it necessary to set cvars for Left 4 Downtown 2 or just leave it alone within the server?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-09-2017 , 13:14   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 10-13-17)
Reply With Quote #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiver View Post
If I need to turn on "abm_unlocksi" with Left 4 Downtown 2 (non-playerslot version) to unlock more SI slots in Versus mode, is it necessary to set cvars for Left 4 Downtown 2 or just leave it alone within the server?
I've never made any changes to left 4 downtown and out of the box it works. How you configure it is up to you. A quick check is, get into a versus and spawn greater than 4 survivors and watch for si. What you're looking for is x versus x, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12. If you see that, you're done.
geipoe
BANNED
Old 11-12-2017 , 18:58   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #315

It's really work fine on my coop only server,but it has a problem when all players(more than 4 players on server) dead and the game chapter restart there are only 4 players,others are spectators they should rejoin the game.
Is the problem only my own problem?Sorry for my poor english.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-13-2017 , 12:23   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
It's really work fine on my coop only server,but it has a problem when all players(more than 4 players on server) dead and the game chapter restart there are only 4 players,others are spectators they should rejoin the game.
Is the problem only my own problem?Sorry for my poor english.
I've seen so many problems but never this one. Are you saying, you have e.g., 8 players and if everyone dies, only 4 players come back and the rest are put onto spectators? Can you reliably repeat this? What are the conditions? Does it happen every time or some of the time? Does it happen in coop only, a mutation, a mix?

I've died many times with the team across many servers running ABM of almost all versions of it and this was never a problem. Is it possible you might have something else trying to manage greater than 4+ survivors on the server? Are there any errors in the log?

If you've already figured it out, can you let us know how you fixed it? Thanks!
geipoe
BANNED
Old 11-17-2017 , 10:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
I've seen so many problems but never this one. Are you saying, you have e.g., 8 players and if everyone dies, only 4 players come back and the rest are put onto spectators? Can you reliably repeat this? What are the conditions? Does it happen every time or some of the time? Does it happen in coop only, a mutation, a mix?

I've died many times with the team across many servers running ABM of almost all versions of it and this was never a problem. Is it possible you might have something else trying to manage greater than 4+ survivors on the server? Are there any errors in the log?

If you've already figured it out, can you let us know how you fixed it? Thanks!
sorry i finally find that not a problem,it only take some seconds for people take over the bot,but all their weapons were gone because the bot they took is a new one.and sometimes when the players on the server is more than 11,the 12th player can't join the game and the admin can't switch his team too because there is no ID for the 12th player(the admin can't find the 12th player like he never join yet),but we can see him on the spec team on the game panel.
sorry for my poor english

Last edited by geipoe; 11-17-2017 at 12:10.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 11-17-2017 , 16:04   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
sorry i finally find that not a problem,it only take some seconds for people take over the bot,but all their weapons were gone because the bot they took is a new one.and sometimes when the players on the server is more than 11,the 12th player can't join the game and the admin can't switch his team too because there is no ID for the 12th player(the admin can't find the 12th player like he never join yet),but we can see him on the spec team on the game panel.
sorry for my poor english
Slots are shared between survivors, special infected and spectators. If you have 32 slots and 12 survivors and 12 special infected, you'll have 10 slots left over to share between any of those teams. Now, the issue of someone being unable to join is rare overall but not impossible on certain maps e.g., Tanks Playground, Tank Arena or anything with a boat load of Tanks. Other than this, all I can say is maybe all the slots were taken up? If I had to bet, I'd say you probably saw this on a Tank map?

Also, it's important to note, some players may join and spectate and never get in because in some way, they've failed authentication. This is rare but does happen. When someone comes in but can't be targeted or join the game as a character and all the slots aren't taken, they most likely didn't authenticate. Usually when you see them stick around long enough, you'll see them drop with a "No Steam Logon" message soon thereafter. This is normal.

These are some things to note as to why a client might be unable to get into a game. Have you seen some people unable to get into a game and then later drop with a "No Steam Logon"? Are you playing a map that might be filling the slots with SI? e.g., Tanks Playground, survival? Maybe a plugin spawning extra SI hogging up the slots?
geipoe
BANNED
Old 11-18-2017 , 05:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Slots are shared between survivors, special infected and spectators. If you have 32 slots and 12 survivors and 12 special infected, you'll have 10 slots left over to share between any of those teams. Now, the issue of someone being unable to join is rare overall but not impossible on certain maps e.g., Tanks Playground, Tank Arena or anything with a boat load of Tanks. Other than this, all I can say is maybe all the slots were taken up? If I had to bet, I'd say you probably saw this on a Tank map?

Also, it's important to note, some players may join and spectate and never get in because in some way, they've failed authentication. This is rare but does happen. When someone comes in but can't be targeted or join the game as a character and all the slots aren't taken, they most likely didn't authenticate. Usually when you see them stick around long enough, you'll see them drop with a "No Steam Logon" message soon thereafter. This is normal.

These are some things to note as to why a client might be unable to get into a game. Have you seen some people unable to get into a game and then later drop with a "No Steam Logon"? Are you playing a map that might be filling the slots with SI? e.g., Tanks Playground, survival? Maybe a plugin spawning extra SI hogging up the slots?
I just use the vscripts to spawn the SI,the problem show on third maps not only the tank's maps.Sometimes i saw some players ID in game were the same one,like three of them were all 100,is that the issue cause the problem?
eziosid
Old 11-18-2017 , 08:47   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #320

hello am new here and learning need help

my problem is when i type afk player go spec for 2 sec and swap team

like infected to survivor and survivor to infected how to fix this ?