Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to allow server admins to register their own SB account?

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-05-2013 , 14:48   How to allow server admins to register their own SB account?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello there, and how are you all doing today? Alrighty then!

I've got SourceBans set up perfectly. I'm just now getting into setting up the server admin group which will soon contain all the people on my server who are admins.

The only thing is, I want them to have their own SourceBans logins for my SourceBans site, so they can log in and modify their bans without being able to muck around with anything else. This of course will require me to set up a Web Admin group, but that's easy-peasy.

As far as I can tell, there's no "Register" option on my SourceBans site that I can direct my admins to. I've tried checking the sb_settings table in my SQL database to see if there was something I could toggle to enable a "Register" option, but I didn't see anything.

Is this at all possible to set up? Or is it a hidden feature that I don't know about?
ecca
Sexy Santa
Old 03-05-2013 , 17:30   Re: How to allow server admins to register their own SB account?
Reply With Quote #2

You need to create your own register page. You could probably steal the code from where you add an admin and just mess around with it a bit to create your own register system.

Just a question: Why the hell do you want them to register by themself, people will add them as admins :p ?
Old 03-05-2013 , 17:51   Re: How to allow server admins to register their own SB account?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecca View Post
You need to create your own register page. You could probably steal the code from where you add an admin and just mess around with it a bit to create your own register system.

Just a question: Why the hell do you want them to register by themself, people will add them as admins :p ?
Well I figure they can register their own account, but the account wouldn't be automatically added to the "Web Admins" group I've created. That's where me, being the server owner would come in. I'd manually add them to the group once I've received confirmation from them that they've registered.

I know I registered accounts for my admins before, about a year ago, when I used to run a server or two. I've just forgotten how I did so, so I figured I'd ask here about a registration page.

As for coding one up myself, I'm good with basic HTML and CSS, but not with stuff like setting up a registration page from scratch, mainly because I don't think any groups that use SourceBans actually has a registration page that I could code-swipe from.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-06-2013 , 07:31   Re: How to allow server admins to register their own SB account?
Reply With Quote #4

There is no hidden registration page. You'll have to create the admins manually and ask them to use forgot password link - or write that registration page yourself