Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2010 , 23:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #801

HI, thanks for your wonderful plugin. I have some questions, if u can answer, I will be greatful:

1- Is there a way that the plugin not require web interface? Because I'm absolute noob about web, but I will ask some one to do this for me...

2- I have a 20 VS server, if I get the plugin, can I stay with the standard cvars, or I need change something?

3- When you do a fix in the plugin, is just the "smx" file that i need re-upload, or you change some thing from web interface? ( I really don't know web stuff, if I need change I will be with a problem)

Thank you sorry bad English
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2010 , 03:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by eargosedown View Post
Would it be possible to get an accuracy % added? =)

Maybe a most used weapon too? =D
Maybe... I've got to see how much work will it require. This was asked before, so maybe it's time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
HI, thanks for your wonderful plugin. I have some questions, if u can answer, I will be greatful:

1- Is there a way that the plugin not require web interface? Because I'm absolute noob about web, but I will ask some one to do this for me...

2- I have a 20 VS server, if I get the plugin, can I stay with the standard cvars, or I need change something?

3- When you do a fix in the plugin, is just the "smx" file that i need re-upload, or you change some thing from web interface? ( I really don't know web stuff, if I need change I will be with a problem)

Thank you sorry bad English
  1. It does not require the web interface (webstats). You will however need to install the plugin using the PHP-scripts or have sufficient skills for ripping the database installation queries and manually execute them through MySQL console.
  2. Not sure what you mean, but in general you don't have to do changes to the plugin configurations unless you want to change some functionality of the plugin (ie. different score, disable announcements, etc.)
  3. Sometimes the database is touched and when that happens, you will have to run the install.php to you DB or manually modify it. It is not very usual that a database modification is included.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
BU_DTOX
Old 06-01-2010 , 09:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #803

Here is my error when trying to reset the stats. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:
[RANK] Clear Stats: Query failed! (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '******************̃*********$V******************~h*********maps WHERE 1 = 2' at line 1)
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 06-01-2010 , 17:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #804

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU_DTOX View Post
Here is my error when trying to reset the stats. Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if this happens in your case, but I have setup the .php file for cleaning the stats as a cron job, and I get errors similiar, that it couldn't be completed. It is because at the time it tries to do a clean up or in your case, resetting, someone was playing on the server which cause the database to reject the commands.

Try it again, when the server is empty.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2010 , 18:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #805

Quote:
1- It does not require the web interface (webstats). You will however need to install the plugin using the PHP-scripts or have sufficient skills for ripping the database installation queries and manually execute them through MySQL console.

How can I do this? I really don't know anything about this.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2010 , 02:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #806

Small update...
  • 2.6.2010 Plugin v1.4B101
    • Bugfixes - Database clearing methods and particularily the maps table cleaning failed due to an error in the code.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2010 , 02:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B100
Reply With Quote #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
How can I do this? I really don't know anything about this.
You either execute it using PHP or you execute the queries inside the INSTALL.PHP to your database... you know like this: "select * from myTable"?

I could create a dump from an empty database, which you can use to install your database... if that is any easier for you? EDIT: UPLOADED

HOW TO IMPORT SQL DUMP FILE TO MYSQL DATABASE

Last edited by muukis; 06-02-2010 at 03:01.
lexantis
Old 06-03-2010 , 06:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B98
Reply With Quote #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I don't know what to say. I'll check the differences between these versions, if there's anything that can explain this.
still causing crashes on linux (debian) after the newest update

Last edited by lexantis; 06-03-2010 at 06:42.
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
ineedh3lp
Old 06-03-2010 , 07:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #809

Hi!

I keep getting this when hosting the game server on the same computer I keep the database on:

Code:
Failed to connect to database: [1129]: Host 'strider' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
L 06/02/2010 - 19:40:36: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/02/2010 - 19:40:36: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
It says "unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts"... how do I do that and does it solve the problem?

I don't get this message when hosting the game server on a remote computer (that is, a computer that doesn't hold the database).
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2010 , 08:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
still causing crashes on linux (debian) after the newest update
I would've been surprised if it wasn't, because I did nothing to fix that.

Did you try any of the versions after B66 and none of them worked for you? There has been quite a number of releases between now and then. Would help me find the problem if we could pinpoint the problem to a certain release.

It would also make things easier, if some other linux server owner could verify this too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedh3lp View Post
Hi!

I keep getting this when hosting the game server on the same computer I keep the database on:

Code:
Failed to connect to database: [1129]: Host 'strider' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
L 06/02/2010 - 19:40:36: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/02/2010 - 19:40:36: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
It says "unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts"... how do I do that and does it solve the problem?

I don't get this message when hosting the game server on a remote computer (that is, a computer that doesn't hold the database).
Google is your friend. Not sure if it will hold a permanent solution for you.