Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:S Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

Isias
Old 09-14-2007 , 12:36   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #211

Hi dalto, could you please add the updated translation file to the download post?
Attached Files
File Type: txt plugin.teambalance.txt (2.5 KB, 236 views)
vasp
Old 09-15-2007 , 04:00   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #212

Dalto, do you see that if your plugin running - server eats RAM very fast, i.e about 100 Mb per 30 min map with 25-30 users. So after 6 hours of servetr running i see 600-700 Mb of RAM usage by srcds.exe process. And most bad thing that it not release RAM until server restarted. v 2.2.2
Send a message via ICQ to vasp
Lindgren
Old 09-15-2007 , 06:35   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #213

Might be a windows thing, got a Linux css server running 68+h now and looks like itīs using normal amounts.
Send a message via MSN to Lindgren
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2007 , 07:47   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #214

There doesn't appear to be a problem with RAM on my Win2K3 server
Old 09-15-2007 , 10:11   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasp View Post
Dalto, do you see that if your plugin running - server eats RAM very fast, i.e about 100 Mb per 30 min map with 25-30 users. So after 6 hours of servetr running i see 600-700 Mb of RAM usage by srcds.exe process. And most bad thing that it not release RAM until server restarted. v 2.2.2
Why do you think this is caused by the team balance plugin?
vasp
Old 09-15-2007 , 21:02   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #216

just because without this plugin i not have such issue - i.e server RAM usage growing up till map continues but on nextmap start it resets to 50-70Mb.
With your teambalancer added - no resets - RAM usage just coming up and up - until server restart.
Send a message via ICQ to vasp
]FUSION[ Gray Death
Old 09-21-2007 , 12:00   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #217

Beside error reports in the logs: Does this plugin work without the use of a database?

Edit: After reading the rest of the topic, I like to rephrase my question: Will the plugin result in reasonable results, without using data from the database? Currently we use ATB, which also stores longtime information. But we're not to happy with that, because daily state (I don't now a good translation for "Tagesform") seems to weight heavier. We often got quiet unbalanced teams, while with only roundbased balancing as we used before, the results where statisfactory.

Last edited by ]FUSION[ Gray Death; 09-21-2007 at 14:01.
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2007 , 17:35   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]FUSION[ Gray Death View Post
Beside error reports in the logs: Does this plugin work without the use of a database?

Edit: After reading the rest of the topic, I like to rephrase my question: Will the plugin result in reasonable results, without using data from the database? Currently we use ATB, which also stores longtime information. But we're not to happy with that, because daily state (I don't now a good translation for "Tagesform") seems to weight heavier. We often got quiet unbalanced teams, while with only roundbased balancing as we used before, the results where statisfactory.
I would first recommend trying it with the long-term state information on because this team balancer only uses that information to decide WHO to balance. Decisions about WHEN to balance do not use the long-term information. Instead short-term round statistics are used. I am not sure how ATB works but it may be using player statistics to decide when to balance which could result in poor results.

If, however, you still would like to disable it, simply set sm_team_balance_save_time to 0. This will basically keep kdr stats for the players session, but if they leave and come back their stats will start over. It might be better to set it to 1 which basically means that if they leave for more than an hour reset their stats.

I hope that helps.
]FUSION[ Gray Death
Old 09-22-2007 , 04:52   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #219

Yes, that helps. Thank you! I guess we will try then each mode for a month.
janpepu
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2007 , 13:35   Re: CS:S Team Balance
Reply With Quote #220

witch plugin must be use with team balancer sql ?

SM] Listing 6 plugins:
01 "Reserved Slots" (1.0.0.1452) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "HLstatsX Plugin" (1.5) by Tobi17
03 "Weapon Logging" (1.5) by Tobi17
04 "Admin File Reader" (1.0.0.1475) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Admin Help" (1.0.0.1475) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Team Balance" (2.2.2) by dalto