8% 

[L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.3.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Carl Sagan
Old 04-20-2014 , 21:26   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Bandes View Post
Hope your version fixed the first problem, it is really annoying, i will try yours

I tried this plugin: [L4D2] No Infected Bots https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1088788, to prevent AI Tank to spawn, but it seem notthing happen
That plugin won't work with Tank Rush because the tanks are not spawned through the director, they're spawned with the cheat command "z_spawn_old tank auto"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Bandes View Post
Btw, do you know any plugin that can combine 2 cvars? Or how to?
Example: i have 2 cvars: sm_afk and sm_jointeam3, how can i combine them into 1 cvar like sm_tankfix, so when i execute that cvar it will execute 2 cvars that i combined. This will help infected players to get out of stuck easier
I think you're confusing a cvar with a command. A cvar is something that you assign a value to, like sv_cheats or sv_alltalk is '0' or '1' or how mp_gamemode can be "versus" or "coop" and other game modes. A command is something you type in chat to have a plugin do something.

Anyway, if you wanted to combine commands you'd have to change the plugin code and make them into one big plugin.

Alternatively, you can have your users bind the commands to a key, like this:

"bind <key> sm_afk; sm_jointeam3"

and replace <key> with the key that person wants to use, like c or v.
buggzboy
Old 04-29-2014 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
...you should probably read the last reply to this thread
I read most every post on that thread before making that post. Your "Tank Rush 2" i wasn't clear on Coop Campaign stuff. I had to read it through a few times, i think my issue with reading it was the coop line didn't make much sense. I did figure it out though thx

Last edited by buggzboy; 04-29-2014 at 08:05.
Neevar
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:02   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #33

Any idea how to make it that the tanks spawn AFTER survivors leave saferoom?

Coop server. tanks start to spawn immediately after map loads.
Carl Sagan
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:09   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neevar View Post
Any idea how to make it that the tanks spawn AFTER survivors leave saferoom?

Coop server. tanks start to spawn immediately after map loads.
Unfortunately not for coop. The player_left_start_area event does not fire on coop servers so there's no way to tell when survivors leave the saferoom.
Neevar
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:43   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #35

hey man,

understood.

I face another issue,

the HP of the players go wild. instead of the max being, 100, it goes up and down and goes more than 100 at times. whats causing this?
Carl Sagan
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:46   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
hey man,

understood.

I face another issue,

the HP of the players go wild. instead of the max being, 100, it goes up and down and goes more than 100 at times. whats causing this?
The "give health" console command is buggy and that's probably valve's fault. I remember a while ago I tried setting the player's health manually but it's just easier to use the give health command especially since it will pick players up that are incapped or hanging.

I might look into it again now that I'm a lot better and know a lot more about sourcepawn.
Neevar
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:53   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #37

i see. thanks for the development of this plugin mate. it's really awesome. With super tanks plugin, this rocks ultimately.

I have 1 small request, is it possible to like, set a timer for the FIRST tank and then another timer for the 2nd and balance tanks?

This is because i wanna set the tanks to come in intervals of 1min, but in the initial minute, there's no tanks and thus the players can cross almost half the map.

If you do continue the development, i hope you could implement this.
Carl Sagan
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:55   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
i see. thanks for the development of this plugin mate. it's really awesome. With super tanks plugin, this rocks ultimately.

I have 1 small request, is it possible to like, set a timer for the FIRST tank and then another timer for the 2nd and balance tanks?

This is because i wanna set the tanks to come in intervals of 1min, but in the initial minute, there's no tanks and thus the players can cross almost half the map.

If you do continue the development, i hope you could implement this.
Sure thing, I'll put it on the to-do list. I'll also figure out a workaround for coop. Thanks for the kind remarks.

Last edited by Carl Sagan; 06-26-2014 at 09:55.
Neevar
Old 06-26-2014 , 09:57   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #39

thank you so much bro! I appreciate your replies alot!
Abaddown
Old 06-29-2014 , 22:28   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.1.2
Reply With Quote #40

Very nice job with this. In a few ways its better than the original. The revive system is better, less issues like tanks stuck in death animations or falling from ledges. In coop the tanks do seem to gang up a bit at the safe room. I changed line to 127 to "CreateTimer(2.0,Timer_Ticks,_,TIMER_REPEAT); " and it seems to be less of an issue now. Thank you so much for the nice job getting this working right again. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out how to keep tanks from spawning in front of me 10 feet away after the steam pipe update. Once again, very nice job.