Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Tank Rush 2 v1.3.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Carl Sagan
Old 02-23-2014 , 06:39   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #11

That could be a problem, I really don't know. It works on my server and my clan's servers (so three different server computers) without a problem. They are running Windows.
Kebs
Old 03-10-2014 , 02:08   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #12

Is there any way you could add an option to allow the Tank music to play like it did in the first version of this mod? That was one of my favorite parts!

E: Never mind on that, I can't read my own settings. I do have to echo some of the bug reports in this thread though, tanks will only spawn if I am starting a "new" campaign. I.e., starting any stage from the lobby or restarting the entire campaign. If I beat a stage in a campaign and move on to the next one, tanks will not spawn. If I lose a stage in a campaign and have to restart it, tanks will not spawn.

I'm running Windows 8.1, with MM v.1.11.0-hg906 and SM v.1.6.0-hg4281, if it helps!

Last edited by Kebs; 03-10-2014 at 04:32.
Carl Sagan
Old 03-10-2014 , 08:46   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebs View Post
Is there any way you could add an option to allow the Tank music to play like it did in the first version of this mod? That was one of my favorite parts!

E: Never mind on that, I can't read my own settings. I do have to echo some of the bug reports in this thread though, tanks will only spawn if I am starting a "new" campaign. I.e., starting any stage from the lobby or restarting the entire campaign. If I beat a stage in a campaign and move on to the next one, tanks will not spawn. If I lose a stage in a campaign and have to restart it, tanks will not spawn.

I'm running Windows 8.1, with MM v.1.11.0-hg906 and SM v.1.6.0-hg4281, if it helps!
This was made for versus and not single player/campaign, that's why things probably don't work properly.

Things work fine in versus.
Cattom
Old 03-11-2014 , 10:43   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #14

The old Tank Rush use to work in coop mode on windows or Linux servers, this does not it is a dud as far as that goes. Would be nice if someone could fixed it to work in coop mode.
Carl Sagan
Old 03-11-2014 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #15

The reason this version doesn't work on coop mode is because the "player_left_start_area" event only fires on the first map. On versus, it fires for each round.

I had to include this event or else by the time you left there would be 10+ tanks hugging the saferoom door and you couldn't get out.

As for it not working on Linux servers, I don't see why it wouldn't.

But thanks for considering my plugin a dud because it doesn't suit your needs completely.

Last edited by Carl Sagan; 03-11-2014 at 11:19.
Cattom
Old 03-11-2014 , 12:16   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #16

Sorry if I have hurt your feeling, it was not meant that way it was to make it clear the differences between the old and the new plugin.
If as you explain that the reasons was to get all players out of the saferoom before the tanks spawn is stopping this beaning played in coop mode, then I would asked is it possibly to remove this function so it can be played in coop mode. The old Tank Rush did not have this function and work well. The old tank rush had other problems like just picking on one player etc.
Carl Sagan
Old 03-11-2014 , 12:25   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattom View Post
Sorry if I have hurt your feeling, it was not meant that way it was to make it clear the differences between the old and the new plugin.
If as you explain that the reasons was to get all players out of the saferoom before the tanks spawn is stopping this beaning played in coop mode, then I would asked is it possibly to remove this function so it can be played in coop mode. The old Tank Rush did not have this function and work well. The old tank rush had other problems like just picking on one player etc.
In the old version before the Steampipe update, tanks didn't spawn until players left the safe room/start area. I had to add that bit so the plugin would work just like it used to.

You can use this for now and it will work on coop.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TankRush2Coop.sp - 573 views - 5.7 KB)
Cattom
Old 03-11-2014 , 12:37   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks for the heads up on this and "COOP MODE " plugin, the clan will be made up this is a great plugin and once again thank you for making this available.
EonRider
Old 03-16-2014 , 05:07   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #19

Thanks for reviving this plugin. My friends and I used to have a blast with the old mod. Like Cattom, I'm glad you've provided a coop alternative of the plugin as that's what we play the most.
SpiritBob
Old 03-23-2014 , 13:36   Re: [L4D2] Tank Rush 2 (02/04/14)
Reply With Quote #20

On some maps or after you pass a final, there are cutscenes yeah? And after you see them (If you were survivor) and you switch over to infected, your camera gets stuck at the end of the cutscene or part of it, making it impossible to understand where your tank is, or where the survivors are. It cannot fix itself as far as I have seen. Sourcemod, metamod IS NOT THE CASE. I am using the latest dev branches and without any modifications or external plugins to conflict with Tank rush 2. Only plugins I use are the ones recommended by the developer of this plugin.

I hope you can fix this. And a further note: After 5 minutes pass on a final, after all tanks get killed, why are the tanks continuing to spawn? I thought after 5 minutes, you "win" or it's just to ease the task at hand?
Also on random occasions, a message appears "XXX is becoming the new tank", or something like that, and all the other tanks that were alive, disappear and only the one that was spawned stays alive.

Thank you for making this mod, it is very funny and cool. If you have any more good plugins to recommend, do so. Looking forward to the huge update and hope you don't make it private

Last edited by SpiritBob; 03-23-2014 at 13:37.