HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial

Post New Thread Reply   

bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2010 , 19:40   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Patria Finland View Post
It will be never done because it can't work properly. It would lag as hell. Imagine shooting somebody from the server and how much data needs to be transferred from client -> server -> server -> client.

But where do you base your "impossible" on the original posters idea? Have you tested it?
- FPS boosting could solve the problem. In fact there are many solutions to solving this problem, that's if you have the resources.

- You can't play in an HLTV server. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by bluechester; 05-26-2010 at 07:37.
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 05-26-2010 , 12:14   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #12

This sounds great... Too bad I don't have the time to do this.
kanatzu
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2010 , 12:20   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
I can imagine the lag already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked_ View Post
Stop saying words before I sodomize you with a cucumber.
Send a message via MSN to kanatzu
Pro Patria Finland
Old 05-26-2010 , 17:14   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voi View Post
Why it would lag like hell ? on a 1000fps server you have very little lag(1-2ms ?) so It is possible that it would run quite smooth, but it would need a really beefy system and ALOT of code.
Player A -> Server A <-> Server B <- Player B

Player A moves. Server A updates his origin and passes it on to Server B. Server B updates the bots origin. Player B sees that.

Player B kills Player A. The bot on Server B dies. That data is passed on to Server A where a bot kills Player A.

Times 64.

Running synchronized? I doubt, unless all conditions are perfect. Very small latencies between clients and servers. While the HL engine tries to sync the place of 32 moving and shooting bots against the 32 players. Processing scripts takes time too, if you didn't know.

I would love to see somebody script it, but running the whole thing synchronized between two servers just seems unlikely. I expect a lot of timing errors and SVC_bads...

I realize having 64 players, two servers, HLTV, whatever, it is probably too heavy on the game engine itself anyway.
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 05-26-2010 , 17:27   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:

Player A moves. Server A updates his origin and passes it on to Server B. Server B updates the bots origin. Player B sees that.

Player B kills Player A. The bot on Server B dies. That data is passed on to Server A where a bot kills Player A.

Times 64.

Running synchronized? I doubt, unless all conditions are perfect. Very small latencies between clients and servers. While the HL engine tries to sync the place of 32 moving and shooting bots against the 32 players. Processing scripts takes time too, if you didn't know.

I would love to see somebody script it, but running the whole thing synchronized between two servers just seems unlikely. I expect a lot of timing errors and SVC_bads...

I realize having 64 players, two servers, HLTV, whatever, it is probably too heavy on the game engine itself anyway.
The only problem is the synchronization, the actual operation isn't that complicated. I see a possible way using shared memory between the servers, which would imply running them on the same machine.
scried
BANNED
Old 05-26-2010 , 21:32   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #16

what if we created an Meta Mod that acts as the intermediator. meaning all shots are register into the Metamod that is between the two server
scried
BANNED
Old 05-27-2010 , 11:28   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #17

i sell redirect also, so when my server is full, you will it will auto redirect players to your server, i guranteed it will tripple your players as of now and you will have a minimum of 8-10 players from my server all day everyday
Voi
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2010 , 22:20   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:

Times 64.

The only big problem you pointed out are overflows of messages(svc_bad's). But... Could the buffer be somehow hacked, to be able to store more messages before sending them ?
Old 05-28-2010 , 09:29   Re: HLDS max player 64 now is possible tutorial
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voi View Post
The only big problem you pointed out are overflows of messages(svc_bad's). But... Could the buffer be somehow hacked, to be able to store more messages before sending them ?
You could use shared memory between the servers to reduce significantly the time of the operation.
Code:
1. Players move/shoot/jump/etc on Server A
2. Server A updates players' data on shared memory
3. Server A updates bots' data with the information on shared memory
Code:
1. Players move/shoot/jump/etc on Server B
2. Server B updates players' data on shared memory
3. Server B updates bots' data with the information on shared memory
As you can see, there's no direct communication between the servers.