Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Third person auto aim dist

Post New Thread Reply   

Toranks
Old 02-03-2022 , 14:14   [L4D2] Third person auto aim dist
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a mod, or is there a simple way to change the c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist value dynamically based on aiming distance, like this mod does?
https://www.gamemaps.com/details/19498

This mod does not work online, and conflicts with other mods that use vslib. Of its functionalities, the only one that really interests me is the one that changes the value of c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist automatically according to the distance of the object that is being pointed when you are in third person, so bullets hit the place of the crosshair. I'm also interested in the functionality that allows you to switch between left shoulder and right shoulder with a button, although I can replicate it myself. What I can't replicate is dynamic aim. Does anyone know if there is already a mod or an easy way to do it? My knowledge is very rudimentary, not beyond understanding the code a bit, and editing some values.

PD: I've searched the entire forum for targeting or 3rd person mods and can't find
strikeraot
Old 02-04-2022 , 12:57   Re: [L4D2] Third person auto aim dist
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
Is there a mod, or is there a simple way to change the c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist value dynamically based on aiming distance, like this mod does?
https://www.gamemaps.com/details/19498

This mod does not work online, and conflicts with other mods that use vslib. Of its functionalities, the only one that really interests me is the one that changes the value of c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist automatically according to the distance of the object that is being pointed when you are in third person, so bullets hit the place of the crosshair. I'm also interested in the functionality that allows you to switch between left shoulder and right shoulder with a button, although I can replicate it myself. What I can't replicate is dynamic aim. Does anyone know if there is already a mod or an easy way to do it? My knowledge is very rudimentary, not beyond understanding the code a bit, and editing some values.

PD: I've searched the entire forum for targeting or 3rd person mods and can't find
Thirdpersonshoulder is a client-side, i think we should let everyone config their favorite view, don't force them to set it with your own config
Toranks
Old 02-05-2022 , 08:37   Re: [L4D2] Third person auto aim dist
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeraot View Post
Thirdpersonshoulder is a client-side, i think we should let everyone config their favorite view, don't force them to set it with your own config
This mod doesn't force anyone to use third person, it just adjusts your aim while in third person (using thirdpersonshoulder), the rest of the time it's automatically disabled.
strikeraot
Old 02-05-2022 , 11:28   Re: [L4D2] Third person auto aim dist
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranks View Post
This mod doesn't force anyone to use third person, it just adjusts your aim while in third person (using thirdpersonshoulder), the rest of the time it's automatically disabled.
The problem with aiming in thirdperson can be easily solved by changing these value, and that's how these Thirdperson Viewing addons work to fix it, example this is my settings for thirdperson:
Quote:
cam_idealpitch 0
cam_idealyaw 0
cam_collision 1
cam_ideallag 0
cam_idealdelta 4
c_thirdpersonshoulderdist 40
c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist 720
c_thirdpersonshoulderoffset 20
c_thirdpersonshoulderheight 3
bind v "thirdpersonshoulder; cam_idealdist 30"
by this the problem with aiming will also solved without any mods or plugin. Many people are using their own configs for thirdpersonshoulder, If you adjusts someone's aim to "fix" their aim at thirdperson, you are overriding their favorite configs by your values, unless there's another way to fix the aiming without adjust client's config
Toranks
Old 02-05-2022 , 12:02   Re: [L4D2] Third person auto aim dist
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeraot View Post
The problem with aiming in thirdperson can be easily solved by changing these value, and that's how these Thirdperson Viewing addons work to fix it, example this is my settings for thirdperson:
by this the problem with aiming will also solved without any mods or plugin. Many people are using their own configs for thirdpersonshoulder, If you adjusts someone's aim to "fix" their aim at thirdperson, you are overriding their favorite configs by your values, unless there's another way to fix the aiming without adjust client's config
I know how to do that since I started playing Left4Dead2, years ago, but it always had the problem that the aim is not perfect, because the value c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist points to a distance X, but more than that distance or less than that distance, the bullets aim out of the crosshair. Try it for yourself and see. What the mod I'm talking about above does is change c_thirdpersonshoulderaimdist dinamically based on where you're pointing just for the player using the mod, it doesn't affect other players, I've checked. The problem is that when other players use the same mod, it doesn't work for them, only for me (the server), and they have to adjust it by writing it on console, normally using the value 720, but as I say it is not precise, it deviates at greater and lesser distances from 720