Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2, CSS, FOF, CS:GO] War3Source:EVO (Updated 2/18/2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

Runda20
Old 12-09-2016 , 18:42   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #61

I am working on getting this set up to run on a CS:S server before I get started, would it be pretty close to how I would get it running on a CSGO server? I haven't tried setting up a server with Warcraft on it I might just be asking a dumb question.

Edit:
Quote:
//// War3Source.sp
//
// War3Source/War3Source_Engine_SteamTools.sp(6 : error 017: undefined symbol "bIsInSteamGroup"
// War3Source/War3Source_Engine_SteamTools.sp(6 : warning 215: expression has no effect
// War3Source/War3Source_Engine_SteamTools.sp(6 : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "]"
// War3Source/War3Source_Engine_SteamTools.sp(6 : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
// War3Source/War3Source_Engine_SteamTools.sp(6 : fatal error 190: too many error messages on one line
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 4 Errors.
Edit: So I went looking for what line was wrong, and it was "bIsInSteamGroup" That "new bool" is commented out on the master branch, so I dunno if I missed something but I had to uncomment that and it all is working now.

Last edited by Runda20; 12-11-2016 at 02:11. Reason: Update
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2016 , 13:12   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runda20 View Post
I am working on getting this set up to run on a CS:S server before I get started, would it be pretty close to how I would get it running on a CSGO server? I haven't tried setting up a server with Warcraft on it I might just be asking a dumb question.

Edit:

Edit: So I went looking for what line was wrong, and it was "bIsInSteamGroup" That "new bool" is commented out on the master branch, so I dunno if I missed something but I had to uncomment that and it all is working now.
Do you need a copy to work in CSS? Until now, nobody bothered asking to keep it up to date for CSS. So, I am pretty sure the CSS version is out of date.

You could run the old War3Source from war3source.com that I'm sure they keep that version working for CSS or wait until I can get it working.

If you want to wait, I'll have to download CSS, install a CSS server, then work on it. If you don't want to wait, then grab a old copy from war3source.com

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 12-16-2016 at 13:14.
Runda20
Old 12-21-2016 , 19:07   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
Do you need a copy to work in CSS? Until now, nobody bothered asking to keep it up to date for CSS. So, I am pretty sure the CSS version is out of date.

You could run the old War3Source from war3source.com that I'm sure they keep that version working for CSS or wait until I can get it working.

If you want to wait, I'll have to download CSS, install a CSS server, then work on it. If you don't want to wait, then grab a old copy from war3source.com
Oh yeah, I can wait for sure, that would be awesome if you can get a CSS version working!

I have been looking for a working WCS to use with CSS for a long time, This would be awesome.

Thank you in advance!
Runda20
Old 01-11-2017 , 13:26   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #64

I know you don't work full time on War3EVO, Is it possible I can get an update on it?

If you can maybe shoot an ETA over or timeframe that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
PANNIC
Old 01-13-2017 , 05:32   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #65

hi there i cant get the sounds to work in cs go ive download the sound pack and installed but no sounds what am i doing wrong???

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2017 , 20:57   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runda20 View Post
I know you don't work full time on War3EVO, Is it possible I can get an update on it?

If you can maybe shoot an ETA over or timeframe that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
My new job recently has put everything else on a very slow battle. I work 6 days a week, 12 hour shifts. I've been hardly able to keep up with most of all my projects.

There is a working CSS version for war3source.com ... is there something that you really need from my version verses the one on war3source.com? I never really focused on CSS servers for the reason nobody requested.

It may take longer than usual as my new priority is my new job. I suggest you get the version from war3source.com for CSS to work as I feel I probably am just going to be too slow to update this for you. I'll still work on it even if you do run the war3source.com version, just it will take longer than I expected.
Old 01-15-2017 , 21:04   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANNIC View Post
hi there i cant get the sounds to work in cs go ive download the sound pack and installed but no sounds what am i doing wrong???
the location of my sounds are here:

/home/steamuser/steamcmd/csgo/csgo/sound/war3source

Hope that helps... as I was able to download the sound files and some of them work. I believe the code uses a work around. I've not done extensive testing on those and I think csgo mainly uses mp3s.. so any wav files will have to be converted to mp3s as is the source. Something I didn't work hard on..

My version was mainly built for TF2.
Old 01-15-2017 , 21:15   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #68

Due to issues with my new job, and my interest into programming other things.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 12-30-2021 at 01:22.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2017 , 22:20   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
Due to issues with my new job, and my interest into programming other things. I will only support my code via donations. My SourceMod private Servers will end on Jan 2018 and I don't expect much reply. I don't seem to have any support anyhow and everyone wants "free" support.

I currently work at a job that pays me $19/hr + 100 per day (even if they call it quits when I arrive). I'm currently in California. California overtime is after 8 hours each day. I work 12 hours. I'm making more money working than helping people. So you can understand why I would prefer working than doing programming. Everyone wants FREE help, but nobody is willing to pay for my time.

If a mod sees this, maybe my thread on War3Evo's War3Source version should be closed. I no longer have time for it and it does not have enough people support. Maybe one or two stragglers will want something done, but it isn't in demand. I think War3Source is over and done.

Maybe next time I get laid off for a few months till next job, I'll look into updating this code...but for now I have work for the next 4 months. Lay off periods happen between Oct - Nov. New work starts between Jan - April. I work all over the US as a GPS Surveyor.
what do you expect? every1 wants stuff for free.....its human nature
most of us are doing it (scripting/hosting) as a hobby
no1 is expecting to earn big money doing this stuff (other than popular servers that are hosted in US/part of EU with income from ADs)
Old 04-19-2017 , 12:20   Re: [TF2, CSS, CS:GO, FOF] War3Source:EVO v3.0 (updated 11-24-2016)
Reply With Quote #70

First thing is that i set the can up the clan xp https://pastebin.com/8PS2D34h and it doesn't work. It doesn't give me more xp or gold.
and the new player fast respawn https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...9A5988C53C718/ how do i dissable it.?
Send a message via AIM to Warr007 Send a message via Yahoo to Warr007 Send a message via Skype™ to Warr007