Old 09-19-2018 , 09:47   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #11

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259880
Unapproved.
Old 10-14-2018 , 11:54   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
His plugin is not approved yet, Stile my plugins better then him with some optimization...
Him plugin using orpheu and not able to run in rehlds servers so who had an rehlds server need to switch to hlds?
Cmon you are an approver person who need to know the full diferent between them............. BAAAAAAAAILOPAIN

Last edited by D3XT3R; 10-14-2018 at 12:06.
Send a message via Skype™ to D3XT3R
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-14-2018 , 12:39   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #13

What in the world are you even talking about? Hold your horses.

1."Your" plugin doesn't have a configuration file, the resources to unprecache are hardcoded, meaning people will need to edit the sma file to add new resources.
2.It doesn't matter that the plugin is not approved yet, it's still better.
3.1 No idea what you mean by "stile", but if you are talking about readability his plugin is better.
3.2 What optimizations? Are you doing stuff in per frame forwards and I'm not aware?
4.Using orpheu is the proper solution. "Your" plugin WILL NOT catch resources precached by other plugins, meaning the logs saying how much free space you got are wrong and some files will not get unprecached because "your" plugin cannot detect them.
5.Why are you hooking FM_PrecacheModel and FM_PrecacheSound as pre and post when you could do just fine with only pre hooking?
6.What is the point of Line variable?

Yes, I am an approver and given the above points I can say I know perfectly the full "diferent" between them.......STOP TALKING BULSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

btw his name is bailopan not bailopain

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-14-2018 at 12:42.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-14-2018 , 14:33   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #14

A point Hamlet forgot to mention:
7. This forum is still ONLY supporting REAL hlds, so any plugin posted here has to be running on hlds and normal amxx. Everything else, including rehlds and all this other stuff is currently only tolerated, not supported.

D3XT3R
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2018 , 14:45   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
What in the world are you even talking about? Hold your horses.

1."Your" plugin doesn't have a configuration file, the resources to unprecache are hardcoded, meaning people will need to edit the sma file to add new resources.
2.It doesn't matter that the plugin is not approved yet, it's still better.
3.1 No idea what you mean by "stile", but if you are talking about readability his plugin is better.
3.2 What optimizations? Are you doing stuff in per frame forwards and I'm not aware?
4.Using orpheu is the proper solution. "Your" plugin WILL NOT catch resources precached by other plugins, meaning the logs saying how much free space you got are wrong and some files will not get unprecached because "your" plugin cannot detect them.
5.Why are you hooking FM_PrecacheModel and FM_PrecacheSound as pre and post when you could do just fine with only pre hooking?
6.What is the point of Line variable?

Yes, I am an approver and given the above points I can say I know perfectly the full "diferent" between them.......STOP TALKING BULSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

btw his name is bailopan not bailopain
OK i got enought points, Sorry hamlet

nvm i didnt check the forum since year and i forgot ur name bail
Bailopan

Last edited by D3XT3R; 10-14-2018 at 14:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to D3XT3R
Old 10-14-2018, 18:45
Natsheh
This message has been deleted by asherkin.
anssik
Old 02-26-2024 , 04:31   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
A point Hamlet forgot to mention:
7. This forum is still ONLY supporting REAL hlds, so any plugin posted here has to be running on hlds and normal amxx. Everything else, including rehlds and all this other stuff is currently only tolerated, not supported.
After being inactive for some years, I wondered why all the plugin development has since moved to Russian forums which I can't read.

Finally I got my answer in this post right here, you're gatekeeping AMXX plugins here. How Nice.

You are making it sound like open-source is a bad idea. Because that is what ReHLDS is, an open-source replacement for HLDS. Literally anyone can contribute; no gods, no masters. How on earth is that a bad thing?
Old 02-26-2024 , 05:48   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #17

Rehlds is open source but not everyone likes it.
Anyway, that’s pointless. You can use always use orpheu, you just need to update the signatures.
Old 02-27-2024 , 07:04   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by anssik View Post
After being inactive for some years, I wondered why all the plugin development has since moved to Russian forums which I can't read.

Finally I got my answer in this post right here, you're gatekeeping AMXX plugins here. How Nice.

You are making it sound like open-source is a bad idea. Because that is what ReHLDS is, an open-source replacement for HLDS. Literally anyone can contribute; no gods, no masters. How on earth is that a bad thing?
Open source is and was never a bad idea, even I support it. But it has its places. The "normal user" uses hlds, not rehlds and that's because most server provider only put hlds onto their server. So any plugin for rehlds is useless to them.
What is so hard to understand about that?

mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2024 , 10:47   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
What is new?

AMX Mod X has had numerous fixes and improvements across all facets of the project:
  • Stability and performance improvements
  • Official support for ReHLDS and ReGameDLL
Old 02-29-2024 , 21:56   Re: [Precache X] 512 Limit Precache Fix
Reply With Quote #20

If I understood correctly, this plugin works for both HLDS and ReHLDS which is good, right? The other plugin cited to be too similar for unapproval of this one only works with regular HLDS, correct? The other poster had a tone in his message like supporting both HLDS and ReHLDS is a bad idea, that only HLDS should be supported. Which is, of course, a stupid point of view.

More support = more better