Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Mario Bros.

Post New Thread Reply   

robotortoise
Old 06-26-2014 , 12:46   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirby View Post
@Robotortoise: I think that cvar is part of a seperate plugin. I don't change the gamemode description back upon unloading the plugin, so that's probably not helping either.
Well could you add an cvar to choose whether the game mode override activates, then, please?
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-26-2014 , 16:12   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #22

I would recomend to compress (all) audio files to 128 kbps. If you hear a quality loss then bump it up to 192 kpbs.
It will save a lot in file size and in most cases you won't hear any difference.

mariobros/pow-lightning.wav and e-smario3/mb_brickbreak.wav seem to be the same sounds.
Old 06-26-2014 , 16:51   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #23

Er...I don't think you CAN compress a wav file to 128 kbps.

For the sounds that don't loop he's better off converting them to 128kbps mp3s.
xkirby
Old 06-26-2014 , 18:30   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #24

I had tried using MP3s before, but I couldn't figure out how to get them to work. That, and I thought EmitSound commands don't have MP3 support. Am I wrong about this?

Also, those sounds ARE the same, except that one is being used by the custom map. I included the map sound effects seperately for completion's sake.
Old 06-26-2014 , 19:29   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #25

Well, Say Sounds supports MP3s. So I guess it does.
xkirby
Old 06-26-2014 , 20:42   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #26

I guess I'm wrong then. I'll convert them to MP3s if that helps enough.

EDIT: Done! Updated the plugin to v1.0.6b, which includes a new cvar as well as some minor bug fixes.

Last edited by xkirby; 06-26-2014 at 21:16.
robotortoise
Old 06-26-2014 , 22:15   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkirby View Post
I guess I'm wrong then. I'll convert them to MP3s if that helps enough.

EDIT: Done! Updated the plugin to v1.0.6b, which includes a new cvar as well as some minor bug fixes.
QuotientAB
Old 06-26-2014 , 22:48   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #28

Power-Ups through ammo packages do not work at all for me. The starting Power-Up works fine. All players spawn with zero lives as well. Is there something I am missing, or perhaps one of my plugins are out of date? I am using the latest version of Source Mod as well as the latest version of the plugin, and I've installed all of the required and/or optional plugins. Sprinting is non-functional as well. Yes, I did pretty much join just to post this post

Last edited by QuotientAB; 06-26-2014 at 23:17.
xkirby
Old 06-27-2014 , 08:24   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #29

I'm not sure what's up for ya, considering I don't have any of those problems. Try downloading the latest snapshot of the stable SourceMod branches. Also, are you playing on the included map or a different map?

You start with zero Lives because those are how many "Extra" lives you have. This is intentional, unless you mean Respawns, which you have 5 by default.

Sprinting requires you to doubletap and hold +forward really fast. It's a little hard to pull off.

Make sure you have the latest versions of all the required files as well as the Resource Pack.

EDIT: I'm uploading a tiny bug fix to the first post. It'll be v1.0.6b still, but it fixes an issue with the Starman song not looping properly. It'll also contain a translation fix as well.

Last edited by xkirby; 06-27-2014 at 09:11.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-27-2014 , 10:00   Re: [TF2] Mario Bros.
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuotientAB View Post
Power-Ups through ammo packages do not work at all for me. The starting Power-Up works fine. All players spawn with zero lives as well. Is there something I am missing, or perhaps one of my plugins are out of date? I am using the latest version of Source Mod as well as the latest version of the plugin, and I've installed all of the required and/or optional plugins. Sprinting is non-functional as well. Yes, I did pretty much join just to post this post
Make sure you're using a recent SourceMod snapshot as the SDKTools extension is currently broken in TF2 using 1.5.3 and older 1.5.4/1.6.0 snapshots.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-27-2014 at 10:00. Reason: Make sure, not May sure