8% 

[ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7

Post New Thread Reply   

doctor banner
Old 03-24-2013 , 22:16   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
I've snipped the passwords out of your post; do take care of what you post online.
I dont know much about sql, but im pretty sure I dont have anything to worry about...for various reasons im sure you already know right?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-24-2013 , 22:19   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #22

Not much since it's hosted locally but it's not something you want to make a habit of! Your issue is Bracket structure to be precise. Look at the structure of a clean databases.cfg, then look at the one you've done, the error should be obvious.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-24-2013 at 22:24.
doctor banner
Old 03-24-2013 , 22:41   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Not much since it's hosted locally but it's not something you want to make a habit of! Your issue is Bracket structure to be precise. Look at the structure of a clean databases.cfg, then look at the one you've done, the error should be obvious.
I see that I was missing a space between "fortspawn2" and the previous line. I added the space and it still doesnt work. Is there something else? I dont find it much help when answers consist of "your doing it wrong" or "the answer should be obvious" without actually explaining a fix for anything.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2013 , 23:14   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #24

We explained pretty accurately what you're doing wrong and how to fix it, short of doing it for you.
doctor banner
Old 03-24-2013 , 23:33   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
We explained pretty accurately what you're doing wrong and how to fix it, short of doing it for you.
lol if you say so. I have a handfull of people follwoing this and they are all saying the same things I have. I didnt see one other poster thank you for putting this up or helping, and in fact seen more complaining or asking for help when you replied, its not me, its you, you did it wrong, and yet did not say what it was that is wrong. Way to help people out here. Never once in the entire discussion has anybody said "you did this "****" thing wrong" or right for that matter except for panda, and his "fix" was just as vauge as any reply listed here. At least I was more direct in a single post than you were in the entire 3 pages. Ill just go back to the key binds rather than dealing with these two elitest.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-25-2013 , 00:13   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #26

Contrary to public belief, a user isn't required to support a plugin he/she posts as long as it installs and runs without errors. If one does support it, it's because he/she wants to on his/her own time. Now, as to your issue, it's what I classify as PEBKAC (yay acronyms), although I don't intend it to be as insulting as it sounds - essentially user error. You didn't copy/paste correctly, so there's an extra bracket, thus messing up your config file. Short of doing it for you, there's not more information we can give other than "hey, you messed up a bracket." We're not required to post our plugins, and you're not required to use them, so any hostilities are unnecessary when you can't take what's provided and correct your own mistake since it's not a plugin issue.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-25-2013 at 00:26.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2013 , 12:17   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #27

Not able to view the zip on mobile easily, however, if you use runcmd to grab keys you can allow for multiaxial rotation if you use a series of separate ifs, just freeze the player while they do it. This will work good if you are using mostly dynamic props.

If you are using phys props, it may be better to do everything on prethink, and use no ongameframe or runcmd, just grabbing the buttons at the start.

Not sure about other games, but i mostly work with tf2 and we have +attack3 to use, so thats like the master manipulator key for my mod.. A3 and wasd or jump duck, a1 or a2. In other games i guess you could use sprint or something odd. I don't know, but nobody uses a3 for much in tf.

Last edited by friagram; 03-25-2013 at 12:21.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2013 , 16:20   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #28

The control schema works great and is optimal how it is.
But if anyone wants to change the controls locally they are free to do so.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2013 , 17:14   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #29

Some other things to think about:
Making props breakable or have different amounts of health.
Preventing props from being spawned on spawn points, doors, movelinears, wall toggles, or specific predefined zones.
Allowing players to view prop info such as owner, health, tx.. When looking at them.
Resolving stuck/solid issues when spawning props on players.
Adding offsets to props so that they are height adjusted when spawned.
Having props use plane normals so that they are easier to place off ofmone another.
Limiting number of props, tracking total props, and counting props as they are destroyed or removed dor being spawned in invalid locatins.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2013 , 17:37   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #30

Clearly, you haven't even looked at the code.
I love the way I developed this plugin and the features I've chosen to add. I wouldn't change anything.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-25-2013 at 17:39.