Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Plugins do not autoexecute their .cfg files

Post New Thread Reply   

SpiritBob
Old 01-21-2019 , 18:52   Plugins do not autoexecute their .cfg files
Reply With Quote #1

Running latest development build : SourceMod Version: 1.10.0.6380 with Metamod:Source version 1.11.0-dev+1116 (On linux)

This has never happened to me before... any ideas/solutions?
I've made sure the issue is not chmod as I've tried giving full 777 access to all files in the server recursively, as well as running the server itself from root (not recommended)

Last edited by SpiritBob; 01-22-2019 at 06:29.
SpiritBob
Old 01-22-2019 , 02:52   Re: Plugins do not autoexecute their .cfg files
Reply With Quote #2

The fault were 2 plugins - berserker_mode (l4d2) and another old one. I've removed them for now and everything seems to be working.
I have no idea how a plugin can cause such a massive damage without popping any errors in any logs.

Last edited by SpiritBob; 01-22-2019 at 02:52.
SpiritBob
Old 01-22-2019 , 04:15   Re: Plugins do not autoexecute their .cfg files
Reply With Quote #3

After further investigation I had to brute-force my way to finding all the plugins that caused this, because it seemed they were more than two.
Here is a list of them that seemingly break the whole sourcemod .cfg plugin loading thing (I will not link them to their original posts, only their filenames, please contact me if you wish me to link them for you)

1. calladmin.smx
2. l4d_cloud_damage.smx
3. l4d_extinguisher.smx
4. l4d_plane_crash.smx
5. l4d2_berserk_mode.smx
6. l4d2_si_warnings_vocalize_fix.smx
7. perkmod2.smx
------

I have way more older plugins than those listed above, and they're not causing any issues. Can the development team check in to see what might be causing such an outage from a simple plugin to the point of disabling core sourcemod functionality?

FINAL EDIT: After even more testing here and there, it seems the REAL reason all of this was caused, was due to a CBuff buffer overflow error. One the plugins featured a .cfg of the size of 30 kb, and that made it so that the reading of .cfg's was stopped.

I hope this can somehow be fixed other than emptying the .cfg in question to avoid these overflows. I hope this will help people experiencing the same problems.
Anything read before the big .cfg file was executed, but anything left over was not.

This plugin can help anyone still experiencing similar problems -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...7300?p=1617300

Last edited by SpiritBob; 01-22-2019 at 07:14. Reason: Case solved.