8% 

Odd Fast DL Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2018 , 09:34   Odd Fast DL Issue
Reply With Quote #1

Hi Guys,

On my servers, I'm running Zeph's store, and I'm noticing for a handful of store items (like 4-5) they are always asking to be downloaded. After looking through the errors in console, I noticed it's because the URL structure is changing case.

For example: http://fastdlserver.com/pathtostuff/...andommodel.ext

It's making the models' folder uppercase, but it's not on my fast dl server. I checked the items.txt file and it has no reference to any uppercase folders.

I would post this in the Zeph's store plugin, but I don't think this is an issue with the Store. I had been running the store fine for a while without this issue, but I just recently did an OS refresh on my server to Windows. After the refresh and rebuild of my servers, it's doing this.

Anyone experience this at all?

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
PAL-18
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2018 , 17:17   Re: Odd Fast DL Issue
Reply With Quote #2

This happens when your FastDL is on a Linux based OS. Linux treats uppercase and lowercase files as different files (unlike windows which just replaces the file). You will need to change all your files on your fastdl server to lowercase. Even folder names.
michaelrw
Old 07-02-2018 , 15:27   Re: Odd Fast DL Issue
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL-18 View Post
This happens when your FastDL is on a Linux based OS. Linux treats uppercase and lowercase files as different files (unlike windows which just replaces the file). You will need to change all your files on your fastdl server to lowercase. Even folder names.
i think this may be the solution to a handful of files that ive been having trouble getting to download for a very long time. windows game server but linux web/fastdl .. i will try this immediately thanks!!

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-02-2018 , 15:28   Re: Odd Fast DL Issue
Reply With Quote #4

Moving my fast dl to my Windows server immediately fixed several issues I was having. So I would recommend it and it's fairly easy to setup with IIS.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-02-2018 , 16:29   Re: Odd Fast DL Issue
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Moving my fast dl to my Windows server immediately fixed several issues I was having. So I would recommend it and it's fairly easy to setup with IIS.
Which again sounds like the issue you had is the mixed upper- and lowercase characters.

An issue which with the popular Apache web server can be mitigated very easily with mod_rewrite as well as mod_speling

A consistent configuration with lowercase files both on the game server as well as web (fastdl) server, map configs such as your mapcycle, etc. usually gives the best results.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].