Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnkras View Post
lol it wasn't directed at you,

to use them some of them all you do is stick them in the server.cfg

others you need to put sm_cvar before the command

Cool. Thanks man.

There's one in particular I was wanting to use "cl_crosshair_circle_mode"

But I don't want to force it on players.
A friend of mine was able to compile a plugin that seemed to only work on windows that unlocked the hidden cvars without having to add them to the server.cfg.

So perhaps rephrasing my question would help a bit.

If I do a cvarlist on my server I only return 2100 or so results.
This list is nearly 5000 results.
For the cvars that are client based and therefore optional, how do I go about enabling them without forcing them on all clients that connect?
Blakeocity
Old 12-15-2009 , 10:10   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #12

Just enable them on your end.
Stick them in your autoexec.cfg
dacomb
Old 12-16-2009 , 01:03   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #13

Sadly that particular cvar always returns an Unknown Command error.

A friend of got a hold of an unlock hidden cvar plugin but it doesn't seem to work on Linux servers...
I think he compiled it himself but I've not been able to get a hold of him so I can't ask him to see about getting it working for Linux and I don't have the .sp file...

For instance, I rent my servers from gameservers.com
But the cvar list only shows 2113 cvars.

The only way I know to use that cl_crosshair_circle_mode command is to install MM and SM to my local game folder and then add the cvarunlock plugin that works for windows.

The down side to that is that is messes up my admin menu for my actual hosted servers.

It's kind of an either or situation. So... until a plugin is written to unhide the hidden cvars I guess I'm out of luck unless someone has some other suggestion.
Spriggan
Old 03-11-2010 , 22:33   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #14

Ok, Im new to all of this...and I know Im probably in the wrong section, but I was wanting to find out how to mod a server. All Ive found is how to buy and use premade mods. Can I get a basic tutorial of how to use Cvar's and how to mod a server.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-12-2010 , 00:37   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #15

You should post a new thread in the General category.
Old 04-01-2010 , 15:36   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #16

i cant seem to find the Survivor Health CVAR. Anyone know what it is?
dcx2
Old 07-05-2013 , 01:11   Re: Entire L4D2 Cvar List [4915 Count]
Reply With Quote #17

I apologize for necroing a three year old thread, but there are new L4D2 cvars that came out in relation to the latest update. I figured, this is as good a place as any to put them, right?

Code:
ccs_write_convars                        : cmd      : , "cheat"        : Write all convars to file.
director_clear_count                     : 2.0      : , "sv", "cheat"  : 
director_clear_timeout                   : 10.0     : , "sv", "cheat"  : 
engine_no_focus_sleep                    : 50       : , "a"            : 
ent_call                                 : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : ent_call <funcname> <option:entname> calls function on current look target or filtername, checks on ent, then root, then mode, then map scope
ent_text_allow_script                    : 0        : , "sv", "cheat"  : 
gl_amd_occlusion_workaround              : 1        : , "launcher"     : 
gl_nvidia_occlusion_workaround           : 0        : , "launcher"     : 
mat_queue_report                         : 0        : , "a"            : Report thread stalls.  Positive number will filter by stalls >= time in ms.  -1 reports all locks.
mat_texture_save_fonts                   : cmd      :                  : Save all font textures
nb_assault                               : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Tell all NextBots to assault
script_add_debug_filter                  : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Add a filter to the game debug overlay
script_add_watch                         : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Add a watch to the game debug overlay
script_add_watch_pattern                 : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Add a watch to the game debug overlay
script_attach_debugger                   : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Connect the vscript VM to the script debugger
script_attach_debugger_at_startup        : 0        : , "sv", "launcher" : 
script_break_in_native_debugger_on_error : 0        : , "sv", "launcher" : 
script_clear_watches                     : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Clear all watches from the game debug overlay
script_find                              : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Find a key in the VM 
script_remove_debug_filter               : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Remove a filter from the game debug overlay
script_remove_watch                      : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Remove a watch from the game debug overlay
script_remove_watch_pattern              : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Remove a watch from the game debug overlay
script_resurrect_unreachable             : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Use the garbage collector to track down reference cycles
script_trace_disable                     : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn off a particular trace output by file or function name
script_trace_disable_all                 : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn off all trace output
script_trace_disable_key                 : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn off a particular trace output by table/instance
script_trace_enable                      : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn on a particular trace output by file or function name
script_trace_enable_all                  : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn on all trace output
script_trace_enable_key                  : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Turn on a particular trace output by table/instance
scripted_mode_activate                   : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat", "launcher" : Activate scripted mode.
scripted_mode_increment_stage            : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat", "launcher" : Force the scripted mode to move to the next stage in the script.
scripted_mode_shutdown                   : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat", "launcher" : Shutdown scripted mode.
scripted_user_func                       : cmd      : , "sv"           : Call script from this user, with the value
scriptedmode_journal                     : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat", "launcher" : Toggle journaling - defaults to logging special location.
show_addon_metadata                      : cmd      :                  : Display's the collected metadata for custom addon files.
sm_cookies                               : cmd      :                  : sm_cookies <name> [value]
sm_settings                              : cmd      :                  : 
snd_show_maxchannels_errors              : 0        : , "launcher"     : Show sound info on failed static channel allocs.
spew_consolelog_to_debugstring           : 0        : , "launcher"     : Send console log to PLAT_DebugString()
sv_zombie_touch_trigger_delay            : 0.5      : , "sv", "cheat"  : Time between trigger tests for infected. This is throttled for perf reasons.
telemetry_demoend                        : 0        : , "launcher"     : When playing demo, stop telemetry on tick #
telemetry_demostart                      : 0        : , "launcher"     : When playing demo, start telemetry on tick #
telemetry_filtervalue                    : 500      : , "launcher"     : Set Telemetry ZoneFilterVal (MicroSeconds)
telemetry_framecount                     : 0        : , "launcher"     : Set Telemetry count of frames to capture
telemetry_level                          : 0        : , "launcher"     : Set Telemetry profile level: 0 being off. Hight bit set for mask: 0x8#######
telemetry_pause                          : 0        : , "launcher"     : Pause Telemetry
telemetry_resume                         : 0        : , "launcher"     : Resume Telemetry
telemetry_server                         : localhost : , "launcher"     : Set Telemetry server
timedemo_runcount                        : 0        : , "launcher"     : Runs time demo X number of times.
workshop_filter_items_by_history         : 0        : , "cheat"        : Tells the client if it should filter items using the play history.
z_finale_spawn_safety_range_override     : 0.0      : , "sv", "launcher" : 
z_spawn_old                              : cmd      : , "sv", "cheat"  : [OLD VERSION] <tank|boomer|smoker|witch|hunter|spitter|jockey|charger|mob|common> <auto> <ragdoll> <area>.  Spawns the specified zombie(s) under your cursor, or out in the world/in the targetted nav area if auto or area is specified.