12% 

[L4D PLUGIN] Disable Chapter Stats Screens

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2019 , 16:16   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #21

You need plugin for both?

I'll see what can I do to to preserve weapons when I'll have a time.
Sunyata
Old 06-05-2019 , 02:31   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #22

Hi Dragokas,

It's only needed for L4D1.

I very rarely play L4D2 - so not that important to me. I only tested your plugin out on L4D2 mainly to see if it worked, and just in case some other players should want to use this 'reset' function for L4D2 in the future.

Sunyata

Last edited by Sunyata; 06-05-2019 at 02:43.
Sunyata
Old 06-08-2019 , 03:46   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #23

Hi Dragokas,

Something else that slipped my mind, which I only just remembered yesterday while playing with your plugin again - in addition to the primary weapon not being preserved at end of round/event. I also noticed that each player or bot who were carrying whether a medit, pills, molotov or pipe bomb at the end of round/event, had these item of equipment lost when respawning too. Again, is that something that could be coded as well? together with your weapon preserve code.

I thought it prudent to mention this now, before you addressed the final code for this one remaining issue.

Regards,
Sunyata
Sunyata
Old 07-18-2019 , 08:17   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #24

Hi Dragokas,

Some players have been having some issue with 'reset stats' plugin over these many weeks. Such players have very occasionally been randomly re-spawning outside a safe room at the start of each new chapter - finding themselves 'stuck' or in a 'state of limbo'. The only way this player can 'un-stick' themselves from this condition is to use the !Kill command and then wait until the other players can release them from a rescue closet/respawn point.

I have no idea why a player would randomly respawn outside a safe room at the start of some rounds, but I was wondering if there is a way for your plugin do a check to see if all players are where they should be when each new round starts. I was thinking perhaps even force a second respawn of all players at the start of each new map as well - the same way it already does at the end of the last round when it forces a respawn of players to reset the stats.

I don't know if you can help resolve this one issue, but I would be grateful if there was a simple fix for this occasional random glitch.

Kind regards,

Sunyata

Last edited by Sunyata; 03-26-2021 at 07:21. Reason: fixed typo
Sunyata
Old 03-26-2021 , 07:21   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #25

Further to my post 24 above, I finally found the cause to the 'stuck' player issue:

The reason some players are occasionally respawning outside of a safe-room at the start of a transitional map is that those players die just outside of the safe-room prior to the next map loading, consequently, they respawn outside of the safe-room on the start of the next map - hence leaving such player/s in this limbo-like stuck state (as shown in map 3 below). The solution would be to either teleport the dead player to the location of where the players are already safely in the 'end' safe-room prior to the next map loading, or somehow teleport those 'dead' players into the safe-room to where the alive players are after the next map has loaded.

Edit: I've attached two map transition screenshots showing the position of where a player has been killed on map 2, and where also he respawns at the start of map 3.

Picture - end of map 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e0m3hayi0...map-2.jpg?dl=0
Picture - start of map 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yv2uug93b...Map-3.jpg?dl=0

I somehow doubt very much that this plugin could ever be updated to include a new set of 'teleport' conditions to solve this issue. But I can live in hope.

Last edited by Sunyata; 03-26-2021 at 07:57. Reason: pics added
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2021 , 18:30   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #26

wow, it was 2 years ago when I knew nothing about signatures.
Here is a new version based on direct call to CTerrorPlayer::ResetCheckpointStats.
You don't need any walkaround.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StatReset_v3.zip (6.6 KB, 74 views)
Sunyata
Old 03-27-2021 , 06:08   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #27

Hi Dragokas,

Thanks for updating this plugin again. Nice to know you've gained some new code knowledge about this kind of stuff. So maybe it was worth my time to update this thread with this latest news here.

I tested out your new plugin. Players that are now killed outside of a safe-room, will now respawn in the next safe-room (safe-zone) at the start of a new map without any issues. However, the sad news is the statistics screens are recording stat kills again, i.e. the stats are not being set back to zero - like they were meant to do in your first plugin (StatReset_v2.zip).

It would seem that your new plugin perhaps still needs the old teleport/respawn system from your other plugin to force the stats back to zero again. Or perhaps some kind of hybrid code would be needed?

Any other ideas on how to reset the stats back to zero into this new plugin?
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2021 , 08:24   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #28

Which Game/OS/Game type/Map/Stats type?

I tested it on L4D1/Linux/Coop/1st map of Hospital/Tank damage, Specials count in map change screen, and it was zeroed.
It is doing identical reset to what was previously done by the player respawn function.

Last edited by Dragokas; 03-27-2021 at 08:27.
Sunyata
Old 03-27-2021 , 08:38   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #29

- I play L4D1, and only co-op games.
- My dedicated online server is a Windows one, not Linux.
- I'm using Sourcemod build 1.8.xxx for Windows.

I only tested one campaign which was was 'No mercy' - maps 1, 2, 3 & 4.

The stats that are being displayed that I've mostly seen onscreen are:

1. General defense
2. Least damage taken
3. Tank slayer

But I would expect it to do it for all the other stats screens as well, I hadn't tested for any of the other ones, so have assumed that they too are most likely affected as well.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2021 , 08:52   Re: [L4D] Chapter Stats Screens
Reply With Quote #30

Just tested on Windows without issues.

Can you re-compile the plugin with changed DEBUG to 1:
Code:
#define DEBUG 1
and before you close the door, enter !test command in console (that should reset statistics only for you!).

I guess, server may have not enough time to transmit new statistics data to client.

Last edited by Dragokas; 03-27-2021 at 08:55.