Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden

Post New Thread Reply   

PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-14-2013 , 23:42   [CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden
Reply With Quote #1

so for the past week server had been running fine with no crashes, and since yesterday it crashes about 5 times a day now

I have no idea what the problem is, I did not add any new plugins or anything.

The most frustrating part is trying to figure out why it crashes, the logs don't say anything meaningful or what the source is.

I've even now to the point ill accept anyone to come look at my servers via ftp or what ever.
Old 01-15-2013 , 01:21   Re: [CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden
Reply With Quote #2

Same on my Server!

Since 3 Days the Server often "crashes" during the warm_up round. The warmup always restarts - almost every second. So nothing else then a server-stop and restart helps.

Any idea?
Old 01-15-2013 , 02:08   Re: [CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden
Reply With Quote #3

a friend of mine who also hosts a CSGO server told their is an optional CSGO update that hasn't been installed on my server. This update prevents any random person from using the command "mp_warmup_start", which lags then crashes the server

its basicly as bad as a DoS attack and does say in the console to whose doing it so you can't even ban or kick

I applied this update to all my csgo servers and while you can't spam the command anymore, it still randomly crashes
Old 01-15-2013 , 08:49   Re: [CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden
Reply With Quote #4

My server is crashing like hell on monday, I dont know why. And my server randomly plays some rock music, idk why. too many question marks

http://steamcommunity.com/id/botarnold
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2013 , 09:29   Re: [CSGO] server crashing randomly all of a sudden
Reply With Quote #5

You have multiple servers, so I would suggest running one virgin, with no addons see what that does.. then try just metamod and sourcemod with no additional plugins... slowly build it back up to where your at now..

The last update was the 9th besides that 'optional' one.. your only having problems since 'yesterday' seems strange. Are you on the server at the time, how do you know its crashing?

That warmup bug was a joke. I don't understand how that go threw, and more over I don't understand why the 'optional' update wasn't pushed. After the update Its slow to choose a team, and the warmup sticks on 0:01 untill someone dies.. mabey thats why.. sorry not ot just ranting..

Last edited by hamilton5; 01-15-2013 at 09:35.