12% 

about players slowing down the game

Post New Thread Reply   

Gold Fish
Old 03-30-2021 , 03:09   about players slowing down the game
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I'll give you a simple example.
Roof map, No mercy.
When all players come to the radio, some inexperienced players get stuck at the bottom of the shelter, or officially do not go out and slow down the passage of the map.

How can you tell if a player is in a specific area (in this example, at the bottom of a building)?

You can, of course, check along the radius, but the area of ​​the map that needs to be checked for the rule is large and has many rooms, how to quickly and efficiently find out that the player has left a certain area (in this example, climbed onto the roof and jumped off), otherwise it could be kill or teleport, but it's important for me to automate this without the help of admins. I found this plugin, I think with the help of it to put triggers in certain zones and thereby determine whether the player has left that place. True, for this I will have to rewrite the plugin source code, add the ability to create an arbitrary trigger size, this is not fast. Maybe there are more effective ways?

Sorry for my english, google translate xD
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2021 , 11:25   Re: about players slowing down the game
Reply With Quote #2

You weren't clear about what you want.

Btw if is related to the radio, only when all players are in the "FINALE" nav area that the radio unlocks AFAIK.

One of the methods would be to check the NAV_AREA that the player is, but I don't know how to get it.

Here has some info:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ign/Nav_Meshes

Other method would be creating a trigger like you shared from Silvers plugin, but unless is a specific point in the map you want to check, you would had to create a lot of "rectangles" to detect.

Last edited by Marttt; 03-30-2021 at 11:26.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-31-2021 , 14:55   Re: about players slowing down the game
Reply With Quote #3

u could potentially look into this entity, i'm not sure it will help but it might, u can detect the entity and check the flags to see if its the finale nav...u can clear the attributes or mess around with it and see what u can break. Trial and error is your best friend
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...tribute_region Other than that i'd recommend doing distance checking between the survivors or specifically on that map just teleport everyone to the radio button when you've pressed it, although doing that would teleport survivors from anywhere on the map to the finale area. You could do a 5 minute cooldown which gives everyone 5 min or whatever to get rdy before u do that as well, to prevent premature teleportation if someone rushes to the radio before everyone else. There are options just would take some time to code and get right. This entity may help too https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trigger_finale use it to detect the button push maybe.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 03-31-2021 at 15:01.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2021 , 08:28   Re: about players slowing down the game
Reply With Quote #4

For information.

You can enumerate and extract nav areas and its flags by observing this plugin by BHaType.

Here is my fork to 3D-visualize areas, nearest to player origin.
It's for l4d1 only. You can use above plugin to adapt to l4d2 if required.
More Area Types can be found here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...n_Meshes_(L4D)
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4d1_nav_area_visualizer.zip (9.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Dragokas; 04-02-2021 at 08:30.