Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Alias client cmd blocker

Post New Thread Reply   

JocAnis
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2020 , 07:10   Re: Alias client cmd blocker
Reply With Quote #11

Also there is Advanced Client Checker by Mistrick, maybe it gives better results than the one you posted

My blog: http://primekz.xyz (in progress...) - not active (dec 2022)

Last edited by JocAnis; 10-10-2020 at 07:12.
feren02
Old 10-10-2020 , 22:16   Re: Alias client cmd blocker
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It's already built into the plugin to allow you to do anything you want as a punishment (the plugin calls it "ban type"). Simply set the ban type cvar to "amx_ban <userid> 0".
Love you bro. thanks for feeding me. It worked! By the way last question, if the server checks aliases does it like type to client's console? e.g. gl_wireframe alias is type via console?

Because when I try to play with alias checkers, when I open console in-game it types the alias I put like gl_wireframe is 0
gl_wireframe is 0

it looks like alias checkers are typed into client's console? If I am not mistaken?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2020 , 01:06   Re: Alias client cmd blocker
Reply With Quote #13

Aliases are a client-side concept. The alias itself is never sent to the server. If that doesn't answer your question then I don't understand your question.
Old 10-11-2020 , 03:34   Re: Alias client cmd blocker
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Aliases are a client-side concept. The alias itself is never sent to the server. If that doesn't answer your question then I don't understand your question.
Hi!

I understand aliases are client side, however I noticed that when I put aliases in say "alias.ini" e.g. gl_wireframe, and a player tries to play in-game, the alias name gl_wireframe (which eventually is a server command as well), is typed on console and displays in console also gl_wireframe is 0.

But when I remove gl_wireframe from alias.ini, and a player connects in-game, there is no gl_wireframe 0 being typed on their console.

Please help me more understand
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2020 , 15:44   Re: Alias client cmd blocker
Reply With Quote #15

I have no idea what you just said. Also, I'm not going to help anymore because I think trying to detect alias names is futile and pointless. It is extremely easy to bypass this bad way of detecting anything.