Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 13:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1231

New Problem, installed the databases again, installed the flags and now trying to install the proper ip to coutry thing you asked thus I result in this:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Yet, the stats are working, database is working fine, its recording everything, in-game is working fine. However, google maps refused to work or show's me an error.

Scratch everything, nothing is working now...

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 02-22-2011 at 13:46.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 14:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1232

I'm sure that these numbers have changed since my post, but you should have similar looking numbers in your DB:

LOOK HERE

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 14:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
What are the results of these queries you make to your DB:
  1. select count(*) from ip2country_blocks;
  2. select count(*) from ip2country_locations;
These are from my DB:
  1. 3744932
  2. 269603
I did this as you asked and the MySQL PHP admin page just sends be back to the home page for my mysql database, as if the command doesn't register.

Perhaps we should take this to PM so we do not fill this up?

Showing rows 0 - -1 (0 total, Query took 0.0003 sec)
SQL query:
SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM ip2country_blocks;# Rows: 1
SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM ip2country_locations;

Hosted By goDaddy.com

Table Action Records Type Collation Size Overhead
ip2country 140,246 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.5 MiB -
ip2country_blocks 1,997,988 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 103.2 MiB -
ip2country_locations 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB

Preview: http://relaxfl.com/L6D/index.php
You can see the google maps is trying to show itself, but nothing.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 02-22-2011 at 14:43.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 15:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
I did this as you asked and the MySQL PHP admin page just sends be back to the home page for my mysql database, as if the command doesn't register.

Perhaps we should take this to PM so we do not fill this up?

Showing rows 0 - -1 (0 total, Query took 0.0003 sec)
SQL query:
SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM ip2country_blocks;# Rows: 1
SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM ip2country_locations;

Hosted By goDaddy.com

Table Action Records Type Collation Size Overhead
ip2country 140,246 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 7.5 MiB -
ip2country_blocks 1,997,988 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 103.2 MiB -
ip2country_locations 0 MyISAM utf8_general_ci 1.0 KiB

Preview: http://relaxfl.com/L6D/index.php
You can see the google maps is trying to show itself, but nothing.
I still don't see locations at your players page. You should see flag and city+country stamped with a link to google maps. Your two locations tables are not filled properly.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 02-22-2011 at 15:22.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 15:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #1235

Quote:
I still don't see locations at your players page. You should see flag and city+country stamped with a link to google maps. Your two locations tables are not filled properly.
Then what the hell did I do wrong? After all the error keeps popping up,so I assume it never finished installing the geocitylite thing. It's the only thing that causes the site to show that error message.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 16:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #1236

Quote:
Then what the hell did I do wrong? After all the error keeps popping up,so I assume it never finished installing the geocitylite thing. It's the only thing that causes the site to show that error message.
I don't know. I have too little information to determine where the problem is. I can only guess, sorry.

I'll try asking these things, that you might find stupid...
  1. Have you downloaded all the CSV files that are required byt the locations system? You know there are more than one and the biggest file is over 200MB of size.
  2. In the installation process, do you see any errors popping out?
  3. Are you sure your DB can take the full locations table size? Some service providers have limited the DB size.

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 19:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #1237

Quote:
I don't know. I have too little information to determine where the problem is. I can only guess, sorry.

I'll try asking these things, that you might find stupid...
  1. Have you downloaded all the CSV files that are required byt the locations system? You know there are more than one and the biggest file is over 200MB of size.
  2. In the installation process, do you see any errors popping out?
  3. Are you sure your DB can take the full locations table size? Some service providers have limited the DB size.
  1. Yes (So I think) One was the Whois.csv for flags, then two came in for the geocitylite zip file...that being three. I moved them in the root area of the server.
  2. No Errors if I installed l4dstats as is, no errors if I install with flags. Internal 500 Error if I install all three including iptocountry geocitylite, however not an error from php script.
  3. That is the only one that I can't answer, perhaps so, but I paid good money for a large size. They give us 15 GB harddrive...can't imagine that this is seperate from DB size. Maybe this below can answer that questions:

Yes, MySQL databases are limited to 1 GB each. The number of databases your site can utilize depends on whether you have an Economy, Deluxe, or Unlimited plan.

MySQL Database Limits
Economy: 10
Deluxe: 25
Unlimited: No limit
For more information about MySQL databases, see the following articles:
Setting Up a MySQL database for Your website

The best I can do is create a custom user account that gives you access to the files and you can check yourself. However, can't give you access to the root. I don't understand why everything else works fine, either the config.php is missing something or the processing just takes too long.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 02-22-2011 at 20:00.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2011 , 22:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1238

Fixed!

Side Note: If anyone has this problem too, I would recommend doing the cvs files separately for each. I realized this by testing it on my localhost and the same problem came to cause. After some testing I did them one by one. Of course, one of them is about 100 MB in size that one will take a few minutes.

Once that one is done, just switch to the locations one, and done. Problem solved.

No idea why this worked, but it did, maps seems to be working now, gonna do further testing.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2011 , 02:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1239

Quote:
Fixed!

Side Note: If anyone has this problem too, I would recommend doing the cvs files separately for each. I realized this by testing it on my localhost and the same problem came to cause. After some testing I did them one by one. Of course, one of them is about 100 MB in size that one will take a few minutes.

Once that one is done, just switch to the locations one, and done. Problem solved.

No idea why this worked, but it did, maps seems to be working now, gonna do further testing.
The most likely reason for the error 500 in this case is from PHP-script timeout. Depending on connections and other speed related things, the install of a full stats DB can take from a few minutes to well over 10 minutes. The web service will timeout all page loads after a while (configured in the service.) Running the install.php script from the web server console would greatly speed up the insert, and would not timeout by the web service.

Well done getting it running!

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2011 , 12:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1240

Quote:
The most likely reason for the error 500 in this case is from PHP-script timeout. Depending on connections and other speed related things, the install of a full stats DB can take from a few minutes to well over 10 minutes. The web service will timeout all page loads after a while (configured in the service.) Running the install.php script from the web server console would greatly speed up the insert, and would not timeout by the web service.

Well done getting it running!
Yeah that is what I assumed was the case, I had plenty of space, plenty of resources, so the only thing was this. A timeout of something. If only I can figure out how to fix that, i would be set for any next installations.

Now this is the last question, my google maps shows the server in the center of USA, while some players end up in Africa, etc even though they are in usa. Probably a failure installation due to the timeout and the solution I found. So basically I installed it twice.

Maybe you have a suggestion how to get a clean without timeout installation?