Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to protect my self from servers

Post New Thread Reply   

vereeq
Old 07-23-2016 , 07:51   How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #1

How to protect my self from servers that force commands into cs client side?
siriusmd99
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2016 , 08:14   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #2

If i say that it's impossible then i probably would get banned because of promoting non-steam. But it's true.
cl_cmdfilterstuff can be set to 0 with amxx and then doing with you any kind of BDSM actions.

There is a way to install shield on steam but i think you could get banned by valve/steam (idk exactly , just example) because this kind of additinal library isn't allowed.

So you can't. Just play on trusted servers or wait update from steam ( probably forever) because this vulnerability won't be fixed for long time as Ostrog said (don't know why , i think it's hard to fix it).
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2016 , 08:27   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #3

?

Doesn't steam have a protection for this? I personally never get affected from such servers, so?...
Old 07-23-2016 , 08:38   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusmd99 View Post
If i say that it's impossible then i probably would get banned because of promoting non-steam. But it's true.
cl_cmdfilterstuff can be set to 0 with amxx and then doing with you any kind of BDSM actions.

There is a way to install shield on steam but i think you could get banned by valve/steam (idk exactly , just example) because this kind of additinal library isn't allowed.

So you can't. Just play on trusted servers or wait update from steam ( probably forever) because this vulnerability won't be fixed for long time as Ostrog said (don't know why , i think it's hard to fix it).
I searched the internet for shields but they are all outdated. I don't understand what you are saying about cl_cmdfilterstuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
?

Doesn't steam have a protection for this? I personally never get affected from such servers, so?...
No, i dont see how steam can protect me form this? Steam just lunch the games u know and suck money from u! <3

Last edited by vereeq; 07-23-2016 at 08:41.
siriusmd99
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2016 , 09:00   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
?

Yes, steam has a protection which is a cvar named cl_cmdfilterstuff .

When it's set to 1 then server can't harm to your client but there is a way (i can't show because I'll get banned and because i don't want) with which this filter is set to 0 and then client is not protected anymore. And this "way" won't be fixed for a long time.

Last edited by siriusmd99; 07-23-2016 at 09:01.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2016 , 09:50   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #6

Just activate the cvar for protection. I doubt that there are many server that use that way to change the cvar itself. If you still have problems, just make your .cfg files read-only, as well as other files that are being modified. You will get your old settings back when you restart the game.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-23-2016 , 11:35   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #7

Where do you even find such malicious servers? I don't even know. Do you just randomly join servers on your internet tab and on different gametrackers?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2016 , 13:11   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #8

If you are that paranoid, just stop playing the game.
Old 07-23-2016 , 14:09   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
Where do you even find such malicious servers? I don't even know. Do you just randomly join servers on your internet tab and on different gametrackers?
Yes. I need variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If you are that paranoid, just stop playing the game.
Im not paranoid! I just hate it when i have to re-enable minmodels (for example) every time i join certain server.
vereeq
Old 07-23-2016 , 14:13   Re: How to protect my self from servers
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Just activate the cvar for protection. I doubt that there are many server that use that way to change the cvar itself. If you still have problems, just make your .cfg files read-only, as well as other files that are being modified. You will get your old settings back when you restart the game.
There seems to be no such thing as cl_cmdfilterstuff? My cfg is read-only but thats not the point of this thread.