Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

/MoTD

Post New Thread Reply   

cd001again
Old 01-12-2005 , 19:57   /MoTD
Reply With Quote #1

I posted in Beetlefarts plugin topic but I guess Beetlefart missed the post because he was to busy or didn't notice it, but either way, it's 3 pages gone already so I will post it here.

To have the Message of the Day pop up for a person when they say "/motd". I'm sure many people wouldn't mind having it, as the MoTD usually lists the rules and information for the server. Making it easier for admins to tell people information or rules by just telling people to say /motd to get a display of the rules or information, etc.

I'm not sure if this would be hard or not, it sounds simple but I have no clue really.
ALok
Old 01-13-2005 , 23:21  
Reply With Quote #2

theres a slight bug where if you type "spec_help" in your console it will bring it up
XAD
Old 01-14-2005 , 03:36   Re: /MoTD
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd001again
...I posted in Beetlefarts plugin topic but I guess Beetlefart missed...

To have the Message of the Day pop up for a person when they say "/motd"...

I'm not sure if this would be hard or not, it sounds simple but I have no clue really.
It's very, very, easy if you already have support for say commands...
BUT... if you want it in the plugins posted in the plugin section you must ask in their threads... If they don't answer then they don't care about it... tuff but it is their plugins...

As a idea request for a SourceMod then this is the right place but remember, this is a request for a SourceMod-plugin and do not expect too much too fast (expect most coders to work on their ideas first)...

/X
cd001again
Old 01-14-2005 , 06:38  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALok
theres a slight bug where if you type "spec_help" in your console it will bring it up

Thanks for letting me know! That'll do for now, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
It's very, very, easy if you already have support for say commands...BUT... if you want it in the plugins posted in the plugin section you must ask in their threads... If they don't answer then they don't care about it... tuff but it is their plugins...

As a idea request for a SourceMod then this is the right place but remember, this is a request for a SourceMod-plugin and do not expect too much too fast (expect most coders to work on their ideas first)...

/X

I didn't actually expect anyone to make it right away or even make it. I just thought it if it wasn't too much trouble, it would of been a good addition to Beetlefarts plugin since that's what I use cause it was being updated so often.

Yeah it does seem like a thing that should be in SourceMod, it's almost a thing I wonder why it wasn't in AMX Mod X or Admin Mod for CS 1.6. Should I post it in that forum as well?

Thanks for your replies, I didn't think anyone was going to. ;)

Regards,
Cory